ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293279)

007 07-07-2015 01:27 AM

Surprisingly that wasn't half bad. I'm not much for any country but every now and then I'll hear something and actually like it.

Red Beans 07-07-2015 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584177)
There's Country Music and there's Country Music. I'm a fan of the later, which I'm guessing you are as well. Modern Country is mostly slick production with lyrics targeting a specific audience.

Country is Hank Williams. I want to hear twang, dagnabit. Kacey Musgraves is probably my favorite current country artist.

Totally agree. Mainstream Country is essentially Pop music. Outsider or "Outlaw Country" as someone penned it, is a great genre these days. Bands like American Aquarium and guys like Sturgill Simpson are really killing it.

KCUnited 07-07-2015 05:38 AM

No money left in rock and roll, moves to country. Art.

Pablo 07-07-2015 05:41 AM

Caitlyn Jenner sure is milking this pretty well.

srvy 07-07-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 11584356)
Totally agree. Mainstream Country is essentially Pop music. Outsider or "Outlaw Country" as someone penned it, is a great genre these days. Bands like American Aquarium and guys like Sturgill Simpson are really killing it.

:thumb:

I can't stand this crap that masquerades as Country music now. Its pop with a peddle steel and is far from the Country I grew up with.

ChiefsCountry 07-07-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584159)
Rock is dead.

Rock fans are idiots for the most part. Look at all the multiple threads on here, they despise anything that has any commercial success and it has killed their genre into pigeon hole fringe groups.

Newer country has a different sound than the past, but I believe its because those of us in our early 30s and 20s experienced so much different musical genres growing up its blended into their sound.

DC.chief 07-07-2015 08:39 AM

Country music sucks

ChiTown 07-07-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584177)
There's Country Music and there's Country Music. I'm a fan of the later, which I'm guessing you are as well. Modern Country is mostly slick production with lyrics targeting a specific audience.

Country is Hank Williams. I want to hear twang, dagnabit. Kacey Musgraves is probably my favorite current country artist.

Love me some Kacey:whackit:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nGIUtLO_x8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan 07-07-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584159)
Excellent move by a very talented man. Rock is dead, Country has a much bigger and loyal audience, especially in the younger demographic.

I agree it was a good move for him. Aerosmith has not had a Great album in a long time. Done with Mirrors was my last favorite by them, saw them on that tour as well.

I remember all the fuss when they did rap-and that was Huge for them.

The song seems more folk than country to me. Not a big fan of either genre, but this was a pretty good track for him. He can still sing better than most out there.

Let the haters hate-glad he is still doing what makes him happy and is still relevant at that age.

beach tribe 07-07-2015 09:08 AM

Tyler to his manager: I don't know where to go with my career.

manager: http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psaanvxsxc.gif

beach tribe 07-07-2015 09:09 AM

A few more year and his stache is gonna grow in real nice.

srvy 07-07-2015 09:26 AM

Cowboy boots and pink pants. You go girl!

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11584358)
No money left in rock and roll, moves to country. Art.

Aerosmith is a legacy act that can earn hundreds of millions by touring. The problem is that no one is interested in hearing new music from them. Their last couple of records tanked.

Steven's rooted in the blues but no one today wants to hear him on a blues record, especially since it would be Steven Tyler of Aerosmith signing the Blues. But with Country, he's got a chance of developing a new audience.

It's hard to fault him for that.

The Franchise 07-07-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11584475)
Rock fans are idiots for the most part. Look at all the multiple threads on here, they despise anything that has any commercial success and it has killed their genre into pigeon hole fringe groups.

Newer country has a different sound than the past, but I believe its because those of us in our early 30s and 20s experienced so much different musical genres growing up its blended into their sound.

Rock is almost impossible to listen to now. It ****ing sucks.

Pablo 07-07-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584587)
Aerosmith is a legacy act that can earn hundreds of millions by touring. The problem is that no one is interested in hearing new music from them. Their last couple of records tanked.

Steven's rooted in the blues but no one today wants to hear him on a blues record, especially since it would be Steven Tyler of Aerosmith signing the Blues. But with Country, he's got a chance of developing a new audience.

It's hard to fault him for that.

No, it's the appropriate money grab for him to make. You can't get mad at the guy for earning as much as he can while he's still a worthwhile commodity. There are some people who will buy it.

Country is a pretty awful genre from what I've listened to. I'd honestly rather listen to shitty 98.9 butt rock like Three Days Grace and Kid Rock or whatever than Luke Bryants new hit single "Truck, Yeah!". Although that's not saying much. As for the song in the OP - no, just no.