ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Chiefs Drafting Alex Smith's replacement "soon" ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292578)

The Franchise 05-19-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11507626)
Nobody is saying Murray will complete for time this year. We're talking a year or two from now.

Murray should be able to show the ability to be the #2 this year.....making Daniel expendable.

Brock 05-19-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507663)
Based on my ability to see that Murray is the best QB prospect Reid has had since McNabb and a perfect fit for his offense. There's a reason Dungy and Gruden were drooling over this guy. Gruden and Reid have similar philosophies so I have no doubt Reid feels the same way about him.

So based on nothing.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507665)
So based on nothing.

****ing moron

Brock 05-19-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507672)
****ing moron

Another stellar argument.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507676)
Another stellar argument.

What's your argument? All I keep seeing are 3-5 word posts saying absolutely nothing. Have you watched tape on Murray? Are you aware of Gruden and Dungy's comments about him? Did you determine before the draft process that he was a perfect fit for Reid's offense as I did? You don't have a ****ing clue.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11507626)
Nobody is saying Murray will complete for time this year. We're talking a year or two from now.

Fair enough but that's a long time in NFL years.

If Murray really case be an elite QB then waiting that long is strange.

You really think that Murray is Aaron Rodger-esque? Give him 3/4 years on the bench and he's ready to go.

Seems like a real stretch to me.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11507664)
Murray should be able to show the ability to be the #2 this year.....making Daniel expendable.

IF Reid really does have plans for Murray then he should absolutely become the #2 at some point this year. No excuse for that not to happen.

Preferable trade Daniel for something when that happens.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11507696)
Fair enough but that's a long time in NFL years.

If Murray really case be an elite QB then waiting that long is strange.

You really think that Murray is Aaron Rodger-esque? Give him 3/4 years on the bench and he's ready to go.

Seems like a real stretch to me.

This is part of the reason I have high hopes. I think one of the biggest issues with the QB position in today's NFL is they're thrown to the wolves far too early. Sitting back and learning the offense and getting mentored by Reid/Alex/Chase is a great thing Murray. It will only make him better and more prepared for his first real action.

Halfcan 05-19-2015 11:22 AM

The 31-year-old Smith is entering the second year of a four-year, $68 million contract extension. His dead cap hit for next season is $40.4 million and $24.9 million in 2016, meaning Smith will remain with the team for at least the next two years.

Why does God hate the Chiefs so much. :hmmm:

Beef Supreme 05-19-2015 11:22 AM

Murray being in the number 3 spot kinda still makes sense for now. At #2 he gets back-up reps with the starting offense. At #3 he gets a lot more reps with the scrub offense working against the starting defense.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 11:25 AM

great Murry will become our #1 just in time for his next contract

no cheap starter for us, 50 million for Murray because he's now our starter

:(

Reid is a slow-moving ****er

Brock 05-19-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507685)
What's your argument? All I keep seeing are 3-5 word posts saying absolutely nothing. Have you watched tape on Murray? Are you aware of Gruden and Dungy's comments about him? Did you determine before the draft process that he was a perfect fit for Reid's offense as I did? You don't have a ****ing clue.

Who gives a shit what Dungy and Gruden say? That means absolutely nothing. Beyond that, all you're spouting is homer opinion, along with your dubious expert film study. No meaningful evidence of any kind.

Ebolapox 05-19-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507685)

uh, nothing personal, but some random internet guy's determination of how amazing a QB is isn't exactly an opinion that 100% of people are going to consider a worthy opinion. they're like assholes, everyone has one.

as for the experts, feh. gruden never met at QB he didn't love and dungy knows about as much about what makes a great nfl QB as he does about raising boys that don't commit suicide. peyton manning was his offensive coordinator for all intents and purposes, and his tampa bay offenses were abysmal (those defenses, though, were stellar).

I seem to recall 'experts' (as in, draft experts and the like) that told us ricky stanzi was tom brady version 2.0. hell, jaws (ron jaworski) told us that THE CHIEFS FINALLY HAVE THEIR FRANCHISE QB in reference to tyler thigpen.

grain of salt.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507725)
Who gives a shit what Dungy and Gruden say? That means absolutely nothing. Beyond that, all you're spouting is homer opinion, along with your dubious expert film study. No meaningful evidence of any kind.

Dungy and Gruden >>>> some ****ing moron on CP that hasn't watched Murray and is just trying to bring some negativity into an optimistic outlook

Gruden and Reid are WCO guys from the same tree. If you don't think what Gruden thinks about Murray is a good indicator than you're ****ing clueless like I said.

RealSNR 05-19-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 11507729)
uh, nothing personal, but some random internet guy's determination of how amazing a QB is isn't exactly an opinion that 100% of people are going to consider a worthy opinion. they're like assholes, everyone has one.

as for the experts, feh. gruden never met at QB he didn't love and dungy knows about as much about what makes a great nfl QB as he does about raising boys that don't commit suicide. peyton manning was his offensive coordinator for all intents and purposes, and his tampa bay offenses were abysmal (those defenses, though, were stellar).

I seem to recall 'experts' (as in, draft experts and the like) that told us ricky stanzi was tom brady version 2.0. hell, jaws (ron jaworski) told us that THE CHIEFS FINALLY HAVE THEIR FRANCHISE QB in reference to tyler thigpen.

grain of salt.

Gruden was pretty lukewarm towards Tyler Bray on his QB Camp show