ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Grading the 2015 Chiefs Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292397)

Couch-Potato 05-10-2015 01:34 PM

Sac, I'm curious how you would have preferred our draft to have gone? Given the way things played out, which selections would you have made?

Not that it was likely an option, but when I saw Parker falling I was hoping we would trade up for him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 11490069)
Sac, I'm curious how you would have preferred our draft to have gone? Given the way things played out, which selections would you have made?

Not that it was likely an option, but when I saw Parker falling I was hoping we would trade up for him.

I got this:

1) Fatty

2) reeruned ****ing fatty

3) Fat-headed fatty

4) Obscure fatty

5) Utah fill-in-the-blank

6) Joseph Smith the 18th

7) Fat kicker.

Thanks.

Saccopoo 05-10-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 11490069)

Good question Potato.

If the board fell like it fell and I was GM instead of Dorseybot being controlled by the Decision Lens Matrix, this is what I would have done:

1. Bud Dupree, DE/OLB; Kentucky
- Hard worker, team leader and absolute physical freak of nature. Houston and his contractual demands are still a massive question mark and Hali is getting older. Other than Ford, there isn't anybody else on the roster who can effectively rush the passer. Dupree's college game was very similar to Houston's.

2. Jake Fisher, OL; Oregon
- Nasty, athletic and has the potential to play four positions on the line.

3. P.J. Williams, CB; Florida State
- Favorite CB in the draft. Big, strong and plays unafraid. Superb ball skills.

3. Rashard Green, WR; Florida State
- FSU's leading receiver for four straight years. Great routes, great hands, knows how to play the position and, like Williams, played his best in big games.

4. Mark Glowinski, OL; West Virginia
- Very good feet with legit, functional power.

5. Kenny Bell, WR; Nebraska
- Speed, size and hands. Winning combination.

5. Zach Vigil, LB; Utah State
- Better measurables and production and instincts and fundamentals then the guy we actually ended up with.

5. Tre McBride, WR; Williams & Mary
- Complete overhaul on the position with guys who have speed and understand how to play.

6. Ben Koyak, TE; Notre Dame
- Severely underused this past season, but a very good player. Exellent blocker.

7. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB; Oregon
- Best nickle CB in the draft. Insane that he dropped this far due to a ACL suffered late in the '14 season (unless the knee is completely worthless). Ridiculously good ball skills and instincts. (Browns had a terrific draft.)

Saccopoo 05-10-2015 04:38 PM

UDFA signings would have been:

Terrance Plummer, LB; UCF
Jeff Luc, LB; Cincinnati
Junior Salt, OL; Utah
Wes Saxton, TE; South Alabama
Brandon Bridge, QB; South Alabama
Cody Prewitt, S; Ole Miss (Are you ****ing kidding me?!! How did he not get drafted?)
A.J. Tarpley, LB; Stanford
Zach Hodges, OLB; Harvard
Derrick Lott, DT; Tennessee-Chattanooga
John Crockett, RB; North Dakota State
Nick Marshall, QB/CB; Auburn

O.city 05-10-2015 06:17 PM

Bitches about 3rd round picks lack of production, advocates taking a first rounder with a lack of production.

Never change

Bewbies 05-10-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11490550)
Bitches about 3rd round picks lack of production, advocates taking a first rounder with a lack of production.

Never change

LMAO

Saccopoo 05-10-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11490550)

Never change

What happened? I insult your golf buddy?

Sandy Vagina 05-11-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11491880)
What happened? I insult your golf buddy?

I don't have a real problem with you, but damn dude.. might be time to stop bitchin and crying about it. The Chiefs didn't do what most of us wanted. Oh well. Nothing to really do but move on and hope they did more intense homework than we did, right?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-11-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11491992)
I don't have a real problem with you, but damn dude.. might be time to stop bitchin and crying about it. The Chiefs didn't do what most of us wanted. Oh well. Nothing to really do but move on and hope they did more intense homework than we did, right?

Minus Morse, the Chiefs did EXACTLY as I wanted. It wasn't about the players themselves, but about the POSITIONS.

Sandy Vagina 05-11-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11492007)
Minus Morse, the Chiefs did EXACTLY as I wanted. It wasn't about the players themselves, but about the POSITIONS.

Yep. They definitely addressed the weaker positions of the team. Not my preferred players in most rds, but I doubt it's often that fans get exactly who they want.

Saccopoo 05-11-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11491992)

I'm not bitching.

I just put out my draft grades/evaluation. I think that's legitimate after only a week gone by, don't you think?

I fully understand that "it is what it is" and there is no changing it. Potato asked me what I would have done. I provided that. That's not bitching.

Bunch of Sensitive Sallys' around here.

Saccopoo 05-11-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11492007)

So you were perfectly fine with the lineup and depth that we had on the offensive line?

Sandy Vagina 05-11-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11492027)
I'm not bitching.

I just put out my draft grades/evaluation. I think that's legitimate after only a week gone by, don't you think?

I fully understand that "it is what it is" and there is no changing it. Potato asked me what I would have done. I provided that. That's not bitching.

Bunch of Sensitive Sallys' around here.

Fair enough, at least regarding the level of redundancy, far as I have read.

Your OP and F- grade was a bit ludicrous though. It isn't about a sensitivity on our part, so much that the OP speaks to more of an arrogant rant in not getting what you want. Not that this is completely unexpected on a forum. Just figured you would have been more prepared and tolerant to what is generally inevitable in every draft year. :shrug:

kcchiefsus 05-11-2015 08:09 AM

Sacco-shit is a whiny ****. Might as well call a spade a spade.

Saccopoo 05-11-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11492032)
Fair enough, at least regarding the level of redundancy, far as I have read.

Your OP and F- grade was a bit ludicrous though. It isn't about a sensitivity on our part, so much that the OP speaks to more of an arrogant rant in not getting what you want. Not that this is completely unexpected on a forum. Just figured you would have been more prepared and tolerant to what is generally inevitable in every draft year. :shrug:

It was a shitty draft.

Huge question mark at 1.

Enormous reach at 2.

Conley was okay at 3 but there were guys available who had nearly the same measurables with substantially more production. Nobody knew who Conley was until his numbers at the Combine. Guy was a pedestrian receiver in college, despite his prodigious physical gifts. And we lost a pick moving up for him, which doesn't help the draft grade.

Nelson is a returner and nickle CB. How many more guys like that do we need on the roster?

Wilson is an inside/outside guy that doesn't make any impact plays and all of his tackles are past the line of scrimmage that he's joining in on. He was the one ILB prospect that I hoped we didn't draft.

Alexander, like a lot of Dorsey picks to date, is a walking wounded. He's had multiple injuries over his college career and, despite Dorsey's seemingly reliance on measurables, doesn't measure very well.

Plus three small school dudes who don't have any elite traits.

It was a shitty draft.

Free agency was ridiculously bad considering what holes the roster had and who we picked up. A bunch of try hards from Outer South Eastern Mongolian Community College.