ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 10 reasons the 2015 Chiefs will win 10+ games (pre-draft version) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292081)

Tombstone RJ 04-23-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11454569)
Denver?

This is pre-draft predictions. If KC kills the draft and then goes into the season healthy (no injuries in the traning camp and pre-season) I'll change my prediction. But, as of now, I don't see how this team is going to win more games than last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-23-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11454581)
This is pre-draft predictions. If KC kills the draft and then goes into the season healthy (no injuries in the traning camp and pre-season) I'll change my prediction. But, as of now, I don't see how this team is going to win more games than last year.

So they easily won 9 last year (should have won 11) ....Yet they are going to struggle for 8?? Ohhhhhhkayyyyy

Tombstone RJ 04-23-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11454588)
So they easily won 9 last year (should have won 11) ....Yet they are going to struggle for 8?? Ohhhhhhkayyyyy

They "easily" won 9 games last year? Your team didn't manage to throw one TD to a WR last year, and you are saying they "easily won 9 last year"? Your team set a new record for ineptitude in the modern NFL with exactly 0 TDs thrown to a WR.

The Franchise 04-23-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11454597)
They "easily" won 9 games last year? Your team didn't manage to throw one TD to a WR last year, and you are saying they "easily won 9 last year"? Your team set a new record for ineptitude in the modern NFL with exactly 0 TDs thrown to a WR.

We won 9 games WITHOUT throwing a WR TD.....let that ****ing sink in. We beat the Pats, Seahawks and swept the Chargers. This isn't the 2013 Chiefs where we only played backup QBs all year long.

Hammock Parties 04-23-2015 04:32 PM

8-8 team, but that's good enough for another one of these threads next year from another homer.

TribalElder 04-23-2015 04:33 PM

Looking for a new car? In need of some new Chiefs swag or free tickets? How about attending the 2015 NFL Draft? Well, we've got you covered.

The Kansas City Chiefs are excited to announce a NEW rewards program, Chiefs Kingdom Rewards.

Chiefs Kingdom Rewards allows every Chiefs fan to stay connected with their favorite team year-round. Earn points by simply being a fan, and in turn, use these points for a chance to win awesome prizes.

By signing up by 11:00 a.m. CT tomorrow, Friday April 24th you will automatically get the following perks:

1. Automatically be entered to win a 2015 Ford Mustang from the Midwest Ford Dealers and a Trip to the 2015 NFL Draft presented by Coke Zero. The prizes don’t end there though: every single day of the year we will offer a unique Chiefs prize through Chiefs Kingdom Rewards.
2. Receive a presale code for 2015 Chiefs Single Game tickets before the general public on-sale at noon CT tomorrow.

This program is free, and it makes being a Chiefs fan THAT much cooler, so sign up today and enjoy the prizes!

Sign up today at ChiefsKingdomRewards.com and start earning! In the coming weeks you will also be able to connect to the program via the Chiefs Mobile app allowing you to always be connected to the program and your benefits. Stay tuned for more exciting details.

RunKC 04-23-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

And yet despite no TD' to WR's they still won 9 games.

Tombstone RJ 04-23-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11454604)
We won 9 games WITHOUT throwing a WR TD.....let that ****ing sink in. We beat the Pats, Seahawks and swept the Chargers. This isn't the 2013 Chiefs where we only played backup QBs all year long.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. I predicted that your team would finish 8-8 last year and I was one game off my prediction. Right now, I don't see this team being any better or worse than last year's team. Sure, you got Maclin, but Bowe has left. Now, I know you all are going to say "Bowe sucked" and you might be right. But it's not like KC added Maclin and kept Bowe, and now has Kelce as an up and coming TE.

Again, if KC drafts a blue chip WR and stays healthy and drafts a few more promising young players I'll change my prediction. Really, much depends on Smith. If his favorite receiver stops being Charles and starts being Maclin or another WR then this team can be dangerous.

Chief Roundup 04-23-2015 04:40 PM

I hope that DJ and DeVito live up to all of the rosy colored glasses type of hype they get on here.
History shows that players don't come back the same from this injury. The medical industry have not came near as far on Achilles as they have the ligaments in the knee.
If DJ's new 100% is 80% of what he was pre-injury then we are in trouble. Same goes for Devito. Gonna be hard to hold that point of attack with all that weight pushing back on his Achilles.

ThaVirus 04-23-2015 04:42 PM

Going off memory: Jamaal ran for something like 1300 yards at a 5.3 YPC average and added an additional 700 receiving yards with 19 TDs in just 15 games.

If he has a season superior to that campaign, I'll probably jizz myself.

BossChief 04-23-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11454617)
I hope that DJ and DeVito live up to all of the rosy colored glasses type of hype they get on here.
History shows that players don't come back the same from this injury. The medical industry have not came near as far on Achilles as they have the ligaments in the knee.
If DJ's new 100% is 80% of what he was pre-injury then we are in trouble. Same goes for Devito. Gonna be hard to hold that point of attack with all that weight pushing back on his Achilles.

80% of an all pro ILB > any ILB we started last year

Chief Roundup 04-23-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11454626)
80% of an all pro ILB > any ILB we started last year

I figured it would be about the equivalent of Mauga. Either way not good enough.

staylor26 04-23-2015 04:55 PM

Agree with everything you said and I'll add one. Eric ****ing Fisher is going to make huge strides. I know nobody else will agree with me, but he's a small school guy going into his third year and this will be his first offseason to really take advantage of an NFL strength program. I don't see any reason to think we won't see significant improvement from a guy who's already shown the ability to get better under worse circumstances.

Three7s 04-23-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

What does not having a TD by a WR have to do with how "easily" the Chiefs won games?

Mr. Laz 04-23-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11454343)
We don't need another corner.

Gaines
Smith
Fleming
Cooper
Parker (in a pinch)

That's a damn good set of corners. The only reason we should draft a corner is if they don't think any of those guys can be ready to step up into the top corners spot when we lose Smith to FA next year.

I don't agree with this part.

our secondary seems shaky too me

If our pass rush doesn't get there we are screwed

I don't want to see Parker lined up man-to-man anymore