ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Books Marvel's Iceman is gay. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292059)

thabear04 04-25-2015 01:44 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2qhyfajRGJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 04-25-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11456454)
What's the big deal? Characters have been retconned ad nauseum from the very beginning. ESPECIALLY xmen characters.

And fans generally hate it...

Brock 04-25-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11458549)
And fans generally hate it...

**** em.

Valiant 04-25-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11456455)
So was Top Gun's.

Everyone was gay in top gun. It is one of the gayest movies ever made.

RobBlake 04-25-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11459210)
Everyone was gay in top gun. It is one of the gayest movies ever made.

eff you, top gun was awesome

Rausch 04-28-2015 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11458579)
**** em.

So I read the book the story is in. IIRC the whole discussion takes place over 3 pages and takes up very little of the issue.

It doesn't make a lot of sense and comes off as a gimmick. It makes even less sense to do because of the timing. Marvel is doing their reboot starting in just a few days so it might not even stick. If this is what they wanted to do it could have been done better if they just waited 30 days and it's just one of many new changes.

Jamie 04-28-2015 08:59 AM

I think the reboot-iness of the Marvel reboot has been overstated. They might use it to adjust some things, but what's been shown of the post-Secret Wars status quo looks similar to the current one (Falcon-Cap, woman Thor, etc). Probably the big change will be the end of the Ultimate Universe.

Rausch 04-28-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11463064)
I think the reboot-iness of the Marvel reboot has been overstated. They might use it to adjust some things, but what's been shown of the post-Secret Wars status quo looks similar to the current one (Falcon-Cap, woman Thor, etc). Probably the big change will be the end of the Ultimate Universe.

We know Miles Morales and Ultimate Cpt. Marvel will move to the new 616.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Samuel L. Fury come over either.

They've been very tight lipped but I think they plan to do away with a lot and "simplify" things...

DaveNull 04-28-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11463064)

There's speculation that's not Tony in that armor either.

Of course lets not forget that there have been multiple Avengers teams for some time now. Not that it matters. If the book is good, I'll read it.

Rausch 04-28-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11463317)
There's speculation that's not Tony in that armor either.

Of course lets not forget that there have been multiple Avengers teams for some time now. Not that it matters. If the book is good, I'll read it.

That's what I thought.

As dumb as this may sound he looks "younger" on that cover and much more like the Ultimate armor to me.

Reading the "Time Runs Out" storyline there a lot of characters that are going dark, falling apart, or being "ruined" before Secret Wars.

Namor, the Hulk/Banner, Stark, death of Wolverine, Cyclops, Illuminati,etc.

Brock 04-28-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11459304)
eff you, top gun was awesome

The volleyball game was faaaabulous.

DaveNull 04-28-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11463377)
That's what I thought.

As dumb as this may sound he looks "younger" on that cover and much more like the Ultimate armor to me.

Reading the "Time Runs Out" storyline there a lot of characters that are going dark, falling apart, or being "ruined" before Secret Wars.

Namor, the Hulk/Banner, Stark, death of Wolverine, Cyclops, Illuminati,etc.

The whole Hickman run is both amazing and tough to slog through. I love it.

lcarus 04-28-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11456318)
Bull$#it.

Comix companies create new characters all the time. He's not even close to the first gay comix character either. If you want to adjust to the times do just that. Have your next new character be gay/lesbian.

There's no reason to take a guy who was clearly strait and change him for anything but publicity and headlines.

Agreed. This is just kinda dumb. I mean, should it matter if Iceman is gay, straight, or a chronic masturbator? I just wanna see mutants doing mutant stuff. Not picture Iceman giving some dude in a leotard brain freeze. Next they're gonna try to appeal to the feminazis and rename their brand "X-People"