ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   My Official Endorsement of the #18 Overall Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291948)

Direckshun 04-17-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11442866)
You just don't hear about teams doing it with centers. Maybe if the center in the draft is good value and the prospect has a Geno Smith-sized schlong that serves as an extra limb in fighting off defensive linemen at the snap. Then sure, why not.

Cam Erving is average, and you're having your period about a ****ing C that is no longer on the team.

Tell me, when we let Dexter McCluster walk in free agency last year, did you say, "UH OH. BIG ****ING HOLE IN THE ROSTER COMING UP. DRAFT A RETURNER IN THE 1ST ROUND, DORSEY!"

The fact that you're doing it over Rodney Hudson's departure is entirely laughable.

And **** you, milkman. Yes, I'm saying **** you pre-emptively, but I ****ing KNOW that if you read this, you'll immediately post some wise ancient Chinese adage about C being the most underrated position on the offensive line.

**** that. If you're so goddamn worried, then go sign a veteran like Brian de la Puente for chump change compared to Rodney Hudson. Cam Erving isn't going to be as good as Hudson for at least a few years anyway, and that's if he ever DOES become as good as Hudson is now. It's worthless to say, "UHOH WE'VE GOT A BIG HOLE IN THE OFFENSIVE LINE!" and then plug it immediately with a ****ing rookie who will get his shit pushed in all year and make Alex Smith's job just as difficult as if Eric Kush were starting.

Actually, he'll probably be worse. At least Eric Kush has NFL experience and NFL strength. We just don't know if he's a good player or not yet, that's all. With Cam Erving, the potential might be greater, but we're also dealing with more unknowns in the short term. And that's with our ****ing 1st round pick that we're jizzing away.

**** Cam Erving. **** you. **** your house. **** your car.

I simply disagree that losing Hudson is like when we lost McCluster. It's closer to when we lost Albert.

staylor26 04-17-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11442522)
I think it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the league we're talking about.

Using the draft to replace players who become too expensive for the team is standard operating procedure for a league with a salary cap.

Every ****ing team has to do it, and the Chiefs are no exception.

Yea, that's why we're going to draft a CB to replace Sean Smith next year after he leaves. Nobody is disagreeing with that, but a C just isn't ****ing worth the 18th pick.

It's not happening. I guarantee it. Kush will be our starting C and I'm completely ok with that.

RealSNR 04-17-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11443244)
I simply disagree that losing Hudson is like when we lost McCluster. It's closer to when we lost Albert.

That's where the divide is, though.

Albert was a reasonably good LT. Hudson was a phenomenal C. And losing Albert has hurt us way more than losing Hudson will.

Drafting Erving is an overcompensating move, and Super Bowl teams simply don't make those kinds of moves. EVER.

Draft another C in the middle rounds for competition. Sure. I'm down with that. It worked out great for the Packers. But for ****'s sake, DON'T just say, "We have a need, there's a player who's pretty good but he's far from the BAA... eh, **** it. Draft him anyway."

staylor26 04-17-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11443264)

Albert was a reasonably good LT. Hudson was a phenomenal C. And losing Albert has hurt us way more than losing Hudson will.

Drafting Erving is an overcompensating move, and Super Bowl teams simply don't make those kinds of moves. EVER.

Draft another C in the middle rounds for competition. Sure. I'm down with that. It worked out great for the Packers. But for ****'s sake, DON'T just say, "We have a need, there's a player who's pretty good but he's far from the BAA... eh, **** it. Draft him anyway."

:clap:

Direckshun 04-17-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11443263)
Yea, that's why we're going to draft a CB to replace Sean Smith next year after he leaves. Nobody is disagreeing with that, but a C just isn't ****ing worth the 18th pick.

It's not happening. I guarantee it. Kush will be our starting C and I'm completely ok with that.

This is all just conclusions with no supporting reasoning.

Direckshun 04-17-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11443264)

The Steelers won 2 SBs, and drafted Pouncey AND DeCastro. But I digress.

Losing Albert sacked hard because Fisher was an abortion last year.

Guess what will happen if we trot out Kush.

staylor26 04-17-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11443277)
This is all just conclusions with no supporting reasoning.

No supported reasoning? Ok I'll elaborate. A C isn't worth taking at 18 overall when he's clearly not the BPA over a a player who can arguably be the BPA and plays a position of much more importance and value like CB or WR in this draft. If their were a C who graded out a top 20 pick in this draft i'd be more open minded about it, but there isn't and that's usually the case. It's simple.

RealSNR 04-17-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11443283)
The Steelers won 2 SBs, and drafted Pouncey AND DeCastro. But I digress.

Losing Albert sacked hard because Fisher was an abortion last year.

Guess what will happen if we trot out Kush.

You can't be serious. Those two weren't even on their most recent Super Bowl championship team LMAO

RealSNR 04-17-2015 10:59 PM

Guess what will happen if we trot out Erving as our starting center this year.

Mistakes will be made.

Guess what will happen if we trot out Kush as our starting center this year.

Mistakes will be made.

Here's all I care about: Avoiding a McGlynn-like abortion at C. That can be insured easily if we just sign some veteran to challenge Kush.

Badda bing badda bang. Problem ****ing solved.

Direckshun 04-17-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11443305)
No supported reasoning? Ok I'll elaborate. A C isn't worth taking at 18 overall when he's clearly not the BPA over a a player who can arguably be the BPA and plays a position of much more importance and value like CB or WR in this draft. If their were a C who graded out a top 20 pick in this draft i'd be more open minded about it, but there isn't and that's usually the case. It's simple.

You actually have a center that graded out in the top 20. Erving.

Direckshun 04-17-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11443314)
You can't be serious. Those two weren't even on their most recent Super Bowl championship team LMAO

Same team with the same talent and the same personnel.

If you're saying the Steelers aren't a championship team than I don't know what to tell you.

staylor26 04-17-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11443319)

By who other than you?

RealSNR 04-17-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11443319)

The 2013 draft had two guards who graded out in the top 10.

That doesn't mean it was smart to pick them in the top 10.

Direckshun 04-17-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11443317)
Guess what will happen if we trot out Erving as our starting center this year.

Mistakes will be made.

Guess what will happen if we trot out Kush as our starting center this year.

Mistakes will be made.

Here's all I care about: Avoiding a McGlynn-like abortion at C. That can be insured easily if we just sign some veteran to challenge Kush.

Badda bing badda bang. Problem ****ing solved.

That's my ****ing point, dingus. McGlynn and Fulton were hot trash and Kush STILL didn't see the field.

staylor26 04-17-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11443326)
The 2013 draft had two guards who graded out in the top 10.

That doesn't mean it was smart to pick them in the top 10.

You're buying this shit that he's top 20? I haven't seen one analyst I respect have him there.

The consensus (rightfully so) is this guy is a fringe 1st rounder. That's a reach at 18 when you include the fact that he's a ****ing C.