ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Gangfight at Rain Man and DaFace headquarters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291911)

stevieray 04-15-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11439516)
It's important to realize that "rolling in the streets" is literal, and said street is one of the more major streets in downtown Denver (three lane, one way road), and this was right in the middle of rush hour. I saw a number of these kids just about get run over.

Definitely not the usual scenery outside the office.

I think I know which street....eastbound traffic?

DaFace 04-15-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11439522)
I think I know which street....eastbound traffic?

Na, this was on Lincoln (close to the capitol building).

stevieray 04-15-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11439525)
Na, this was on Lincoln (close to the capitol building).

..that IS a busy street.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11439324)
That's awesome, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11439365)
So are you going to do it?

Thanks, guys! I'm not sure because there are a lot of parameters to work out.

Also, and this is kind of a strange thing to admit and I don't want to come across as an arse (although I probably will), I haven't actually worked the past two years because of the baby and my wife's cancer, yet my music catalog has generated substantial income. Now that the two year old is in full time preschool and I have 7-8 hours a day to actually work again, I have a half a dozen meetings set up and I want to listen to what everyone has to offer before making any commitments.

My ultimate goal (well, as of today) is to score a limited run TV series and feature films on a regular basis. As anyone would probably guess, those gigs are hard to get and very few composers can meet the demands of writing 20-30 minutes of music per week for a TV show and/or compose an incredible score of anywhere from 60-90 minutes for a feature film. But, I *think* I can handle it, so it's just a matter of finding a production company or producer that believes it, too.

So, I guess the bottom line is that I want to leave my options open until they've been closed for me.

Thanks again!

PS - Thanks for allowing me to ramble. Often times, I open up Word and write to myself to think things through. Crazy, I know, but it's effective.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11439477)
Am I really the only one picturing women in yoga pants crawling through his window?

LMAO

The Franchise 04-15-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439536)

Also, and this is kind of a strange thing to admit and I don't want to come across as an arse (although I probably will), I haven't actually worked the past two years because of the baby and my wife's cancer, yet my music catalog has generated substantial income. Now that the two year old is in full time preschool and I have 7-8 hours a day to actually work again, I have a half a dozen meetings set up and I want to listen to what everyone has to offer before making any commitments.

My ultimate goal (well, as of today) is to score a limited run TV series and feature films on a regular basis. As anyone would probably guess, those gigs are hard to get and very few composers can meet the demands of writing 20-30 minutes of music per week for a TV show and/or compose an incredible score of anywhere from 60-90 minutes for a feature film. But, I *think* I can handle it, so it's just a matter of finding a production company or producer that believes it, too.

So, I guess the bottom line is that I want to leave my options open until they've been closed for me.

Thanks again!

PS - Thanks for allowing me to ramble. Often times, I open up Word and write to myself to think things through. Crazy, I know, but it's effective.

Well hopefully you get to do whatever makes you happy and more successful.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11439544)
Well hopefully you get to do whatever makes you happy and more successful.

Thanks, Man! Hopefully, I'll make the right choice...

TinyEvel 04-15-2015 10:03 PM

No video?

FAIL

FAIL FAIL

FAIL FAIL FAIL

this is the friggen 2015's

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11439477)
Am I really the only one picturing women in yoga pants crawling through his window?

I usually picture that anyway.

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11439580)
No video?

FAIL

FAIL FAIL

FAIL FAIL FAIL

this is the friggen 2015's

I feel really terrible about that, too. But in fairness, I wasn't raised in the video era. DaFace is the one who should have been immediately videoing.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11439583)
I feel really terrible about that, too. But in fairness, I wasn't raised in the video era. DaFace is the one who should have been immediately videoing.

How did DaFace end up working for such a tyrant again?

:p

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439584)
How did DaFace end up working for such a tyrant again?

:p

Did you ever see the end of An Officer And A Gentleman?

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439536)

Thanks again!

I've been wanting to start up a Youtube TV series. Would you be my musical composer guy?

Katipan 04-15-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11439592)
Did you ever see the end of An Officer And A Gentleman?

Who carried who?

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11439598)
Who carried who?

It was such a whirlwind that I don't really remember.