ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Wow Chris Borland retires (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291357)

RobBlake 03-16-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11387775)
Strange as hell imo. He was in the mix for defensive rookie of the year. Id be pissed if I were the 49ers. I feel like that's something you should make known before you enter the draft. Oh by the way I might retire next year. I wonder if Justin Smith decides to hang it up.

supposedly he was thinkg about this since training camp

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-16-2015 11:11 PM

Dude must have been balding in high school

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11387775)
Strange as hell imo. He was in the mix for defensive rookie of the year. Id be pissed if I were the 49ers. I feel like that's something you should make known before you enter the draft. Oh by the way I might retire next year. I wonder if Justin Smith decides to hang it up.

How can anyone "know" that they're going to quit football due to concussion fears two years in advance?

How old are you? You seem like a nice kid but many of your answers sound like they're being typed by a 17 year old.

NTTATWWT.

RobBlake 03-16-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11387827)
How can anyone "know" that they're going to quit football due to concussion fears two years in advance?

How old are you? You seem like a nice kid but many of your answers sound like they're being typed by a 17 year old.

NTTATWWT.

poopie head

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11387832)
poopie head

Jonzie's a great forum member. But his posts imply that he's young.

Hey, there's nothing wrong at all with being young.

:)

jonzie04 03-16-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11387784)
Why? It's common knowledge a team can and will cut you at any time, without prior notice. Take the $ and quit when you want. I do think that within the next 10 years the number of players that retire after about 3-5 years will grow in a major way. Smarter folks will realize they can make a few million and get a great jump start on life but still get out with all their capacities.

valid point i suppose, still doesn't change the way i feel about the situation. i feel that allowing a team to waste a draft pick on him, was morally wrong of him to do. also wrong he retired after week 1 of FA without letting the 49ers know ahead of time. heck the press knew about it before the 49ers FO did.

a lot of us working people here can be fired from our jobs without prior notice, but i think most of us have the decency to give a notice before we leave if we have any kind of respect for our employers. I'm okay with borland retiring, thats his decision, but he went about it in the absolute worst way possible by not telling them before the draft, and by not giving them a heads up before FA. And i feel the 49ers have every right to be upset.

jonzie04 03-16-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11387827)

NTTATWWT.

1 year, he was drafted last year, and this past season was his rookie year. I mean i guess there's a possibility he hadn't thought about it, but i sincerely doubt it. We are all well aware of the physical dangers of the sport from a very young age. I don't think it took him until his rookie year to start worrying about his long term health.

and i'm 24 btw.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11387849)
1 year, he was drafted last year, and this past season was his rookie year. I mean i guess there's a possibility he hadn't thought about it, but i sincerely doubt it. We are all well aware of the physical dangers of the sport from a very young age. I don't think it took him until his rookie year to start worrying about his long term health.

and i'm 24 btw.

Cool, Man! I really appreciate your posts, so my apologies if I came off as harsh.

jonzie04 03-16-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11387851)
Cool, Man! I really appreciate your posts, so my apologies if I came off as harsh.

These posts are a lot less harsh than your usual posts. no worries though, you usually have valid points, and i have very thick skin.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11387854)
These posts are a lot less harsh than your usual posts. no worries though, you usually have valid points, and i have very thick skin.

I think I've been pretty good since October?

:shrug:

BeeHo 03-16-2015 11:47 PM

THE ALEX SMIFF CURSE CONTINUES!! Dundundunnnnnnnn

MMXcalibur 03-17-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11387851)

I don't think I've ever seen this.

Why Not? 03-17-2015 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11387846)
valid point i suppose, still doesn't change the way i feel about the situation. i feel that allowing a team to waste a draft pick on him, was morally wrong of him to do. also wrong he retired after week 1 of FA without letting the 49ers know ahead of time. heck the press knew about it before the 49ers FO did.

a lot of us working people here can be fired from our jobs without prior notice, but i think most of us have the decency to give a notice before we leave if we have any kind of respect for our employers. I'm okay with borland retiring, thats his decision, but he went about it in the absolute worst way possible by not telling them before the draft, and by not giving them a heads up before FA. And i feel the 49ers have every right to be upset.

Fair enough

SPATCH 03-17-2015 03:30 AM

The writing has been on the wall ever since that Frontline Report. The NFL is a dead league walking.

The American public is being turned off by the long term effects of the sport's brutality. Just like America became turned off by the effects of boxing on its participants.

Within the next 20 years, the NFL will try to slowly morph itself into a glorified skeleton passing drill and eventually fade from forefront of the American sports world.

Chiefnj2 03-17-2015 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPATCH (Post 11387911)
The writing has been on the wall ever since that Frontline Report. The NFL is a dead league walking.

The league will do well until these guys learn how to save and invest wisely.