ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey vs Pioli, What Say You Now? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291183)

Meatloaf 03-09-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11371682)
His #1 overall pick is wandering towards Brian Jozwiak territory, Dee Ford had a shit first year, and he gave up two second rounders and 17 million/year for Alex Smith who is asked to "not lose" games.

I believe his entire 2013/4 FA class has already been cut or is no longer on the team and he was unable to secure extensions with the two young, cost-controlled players whose salaries were up in this offseason, one of whom was signed by a division rival.

You'll find no bigger fan of Jeremy Maclin than me. If the search function on here worked you could find posts of me advocating for the Chiefs drafting him at #3 overall in 2009, but I remain unconvinced that Alex Smith can make use of his talent.

I'm also seriously concerned about the continued decline of the offensive line, and I think that people are foolishly conflating our pass ranking with great secondary play when most of it, I believe, was due to the pressure exerted on the QB by Hali, Poe, and Houston.

His #1 draft pick was acknowledged by just about everyone as the highest rated guy in that draft. He did meh at RT and then got hurt to where he couldn't work out much. Granted, his play at LT was worse than meh. BUT, you've gotta admit it's still a bit early to write him off as Brian Joswiak (nice recall BTW).

As per Dee Ford, well, again, it's early, but I'd agree that early indications are well, not super good. NONETHELESS, I doubt that you, in your wisest moment, would suggest that after a couple of drafts Dorsey is horrible at it. Just WAY too early.

As per signing Houston/Hudson, good heavens, it takes someone to agree to stuff to get a contract done. Looks to me like the H&H boys came prepared to try the free agent market. Hard to blame Dorsey on that.

Oh well, I kinda like Dorsey (Lord knows he's WAY better than what we had). Apparently, you're not a fan. I guess we'll just have to agree to my way of thinking! :D

Mr. Flopnuts 03-09-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11371634)
I don't think even at Dorsey's perceived worst did anybody ever say that he was worse than Pioli.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11371637)
I have not read that.

This thread is ****ing stupid just because of that. Who on earth ever said Dorsey was worse than ****hole? No one. That doesn't make him good. It makes him not the absolute worst. He's off to a strong start this offseason. Better late than never. That doesn't equate to anything. It's too early to judge. Next offseason we'll have our first opportunity to really sit down and appraise his talent. Drafts, team building, contract structuring etc. It takes time to take a 2-14 team (with 6 or 8 pro-bowlers) anywhere.

notorious 03-09-2015 05:58 PM

How is this even a question?

Pioli is a ****ing piece of shit.

Deberg_1990 03-09-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11371708)
This thread is ****ing stupid just because of that. Who on earth ever said Dorsey was worse than ****hole? No one. That doesn't make him good. It makes him not the absolute worst. He's off to a strong start this offseason. Better late than never. That doesn't equate to anything. It's too early to judge. Next offseason we'll have our first opportunity to really sit down and appraise his talent. Drafts, team building, contract structuring etc. It takes time to take a 2-14 team (with 6 or 8 pro-bowlers) anywhere.

It takes time?

He turned around the team and culture immediately

notorious 03-09-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 11371640)
Fat scott couldn't hire a good coach to save his life.

And he kept shoving Cassel down our ****ing throats.

**** him and everything he stands for.

Brock 03-09-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11371713)
It takes time?

He did?

Mr. Flopnuts 03-09-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11371713)
It takes time?

ROFL He didn't turn around the team. GTFO he turned the culture for sure. Those pro bowlers started playing again. That 2-14 team was the most talented "worst" team in NFL history.

Meatloaf 03-09-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11371708)

Floppy, Floppy, Floppy, you're taking this stupid question way too literally. The point of the thread was to allow some of you boys to actually say something good about Dorsey. Perhaps I, in a most unusual moment, misstated the title of the thread and that generated said stupid comments. So rip me a new one.

Nonetheless, I forgive.

Now, let's move on and be thankful that we have Mr Mediocre (your words?) running this thing rather than Scooter.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-09-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11371725)
Floppy, Floppy, Floppy, you're taking this stupid question way too literally. The point of the thread was to allow some of you boys to actually say something good about Dorsey. Perhaps I, in a most unusual moment, misstated the title of the thread and that generated said stupid comments. So rip me a new one.

Nonetheless, I forgive.

Now, let's move on and be thankful that we have Mr Mediocre (your words?) running this thing rather than Scooter.

Good enough for me. Dorsey has done some great things since coming here. JC extension being up there. Who finds role players off of scrap heaps better? I can go on. I've been impressed with numerous things he's done. Have always said so!

Mr. Flopnuts 03-09-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11371725)

Nonetheless, I forgive.

No. They're not my words. I never said he was mediocre. I just said Pioli was complete shit. He still has plenty to prove.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-09-2015 06:08 PM

Pioli was most of people Here's pick. Dorsey was too. I've never beat Clark up for that. He's trying!

Rausch 03-09-2015 06:09 PM

I don't see them as being related.

The only thing that matters is the job Dorsey is doing/has done.

This offseason:
1) Turds have been cut.
2) Contracts restructured.
3) Only true loss is Hudson.
4) Actually added a significant talent in FA.

So far, so good. When FA is over and it's draft time we'll be better able to grade the 1st 1/3rd of his job...

ChiefsCountry 03-09-2015 06:10 PM

Both are 0-1 in the only thing that matters.

RunKC 03-09-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11371682)
His #1 overall pick is wandering towards Brian Jozwiak territory, Dee Ford had a shit first year, and he gave up two second rounders and 17 million/year for Alex Smith who is asked to "not lose" games.

I believe his entire 2013/4 FA class has already been cut or is no longer on the team and he was unable to secure extensions with the two young, cost-controlled players whose salaries were up in this offseason, one of whom was signed by a division rival.

You'll find no bigger fan of Jeremy Maclin than me. If the search function on here worked you could find posts of me advocating for the Chiefs drafting him at #3 overall in 2009, but I remain unconvinced that Alex Smith can make use of his talent.

I'm also seriously concerned about the continued decline of the offensive line, and I think that people are foolishly conflating our pass ranking with great secondary play when most of it, I believe, was due to the pressure exerted on the QB by Hali, Poe, and Houston.

You clearly don't have a clue how free agency is supposed to work if you think that

Deberg_1990 03-09-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11371734)
Both are 0-1 in the only thing that matters.

I get that. But like i mentioned earlier, Dorsey turned the culture around. Eventually, That will lead to more wins and playoff wins especially. I expect this team to compete for the playoffs every year now. I never got that feeling under Pioli, except for one year.