ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Would You Stop the Broncos Outside Zone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291141)

Oxford 03-09-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11370081)
With Revis, I'm ****ing blitzing.

Honestly, I don't know much about scheme so I won't pretend to dick measure. 3-4 base, blitz with the safety. I definitely want to learn more about this though it's very interesting

Bury Manning every play they run this. Let them score quick, a 15 yard penalty is a 15 yard penalty regardless of severity.

Sorter 03-09-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11370070)
Good ol' Dicky's fire zone.. especially if DJ is back, since he has a knack for shooting gaps.

http://strongfootballcoach.com/wp-co...zone-blitz.jpg

Really like the idea of slanting backside and bringing additional players playside (whether that's the SAM and Mike, SAM + Wil, etc).

Also think that buzzing instead of safety force helps with your MOF coverages and your backside OLB being able to play the flat from the fullback/TE that always seems to **** witH everyone.

Sully 03-09-2015 09:53 AM

Strong side power or CTR will eat that up, though, so be ready.

Sully 03-09-2015 09:54 AM

Shit...
Trap the weak side and the back will hit his head on the crossbar.

Sorter 03-09-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11370448)
Strong side power or CTR will eat that up, though, so be ready.

Werd.

Hopefully Kubes goes full Gibbs and refuses to believe any run exists apart from wide and tight zone.

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2015 10:14 AM

Given my tactical FB experience was limited to a simple route tree, two snaps at CB playing zone and functioning as a kickoff return speed bump I'm a little out of my league here.

But I won't let that stop me, bitches.

Follow Romeo's philosophy of having the linemen read and react.

Operate out of the nickel with perhaps a Ford or Hali playing near the LOS. If they aren't blitzing their responsibility is to cover short passes to the backs or TE or play the run.

Have Houston blitz or cover TE in the intermediate passing game. Last LB spot to a guy who can stay on the field without being a total liability in any one aspect.

Double Demariyus Thomas with Sean Smith and the nickel while Sanders gets single covered by Gaines or Fleming with single high safety help deep from Abdullah or whoever is playing the free. SS gets intermediate to deep zone on anyone who gets past the front six, maybe shadows Hali / Ford if the guy they're covering is particularly good in the passing game.

Point is you concede the run from this offensive set to limit quick scores from Manning. Going out of the nickel base could allow for easier substitutions if Broncs run no huddle. (..?)

Sully 03-09-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11370463)
Werd.

Hopefully Kubes goes full Gibbs and refuses to believe any run exists apart from wide and tight zone.

It helps that we don't have Eric Hicks played DE anymore.

Sorter 03-09-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11370511)
It helps that we don't have Eric Hicks played DE anymore.

LMAO

Sorter 03-09-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11370496)
Given my tactical FB experience was limited to a simple route tree, two snaps at CB playing zone and functioning as a kickoff return speed bump I'm a little out of my league here.

But I won't let that stop me, bitches.

Follow Romeo's philosophy of having the linemen read and react.

Operate out of the nickel with perhaps a Ford or Hali playing near the LOS. If they aren't blitzing their responsibility is to cover short passes to the backs or TE or play the run.

Have Houston blitz or cover TE in the intermediate passing game. Last LB spot to a guy who can stay on the field without being a total liability in any one aspect.

Double Demariyus Thomas with Sean Smith and the nickel while Sanders gets single covered by Gaines or Fleming with single high safety help deep from Abdullah or whoever is playing the free. SS gets intermediate to deep zone on anyone who gets past the front six, maybe shadows Hali / Ford if the guy they're covering is particularly good in the passing game.

Point is you concede the run from this offensive set to limit quick scores from Manning. Going out of the nickel base could allow for easier substitutions if Broncs run no huddle. (..?)

**** all that.

This thread is about stopping the run with base people. If people Post in this thread, we can progress to subs.

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11370520)
**** all that.

This thread is about stopping the run with base people. If people Post in this thread, we can progress to subs.

Psh.

A team that chooses to run with Manning under center is doing the football of strangle wanking. It'll feel ****ing awesome at that time but at the end of the day all they are doing is strangling themselves.

But fine. I'll try and edumacate myself on what to do.

Sully 03-09-2015 10:46 AM

Ultimately, the front doesn't amtter. Find something you believe in, teach it, and run it.

The main questions are:

What do you want to take away?
- Outside zone

How do you take it away?
- 8 man box, disciplined play by front 4-7, talent

What will they counter with?
- Boot, drop back, possibly counter (or power)

Is your scheme sound to deal with those counters?
- No. My name is Greg Robinson

Have you formulated where your "kill zone" will be on the field?
- No. 52 Bearcat Mike is too much for these players to audible.

Chief_For_Life58 03-09-2015 10:49 AM

Kill the head and the body will die

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 11370585)
Kill the head and the body will die

Ndamukong Suh has been fined $30,000 by the NFL.

Sorter 03-09-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11370573)
Ultimately, the front doesn't amtter. Find something you believe in, teach it, and run it.

The main questions are:

What do you want to take away?
- Outside zone

How do you take it away?
- 8 man box, disciplined play by front 4-7, talent

What will they counter with?
- Boot, drop back, possibly counter (or power)

Is your scheme sound to deal with those counters?
- No. My name is Greg Robinson

Have you formulated where your "kill zone" will be on the field?
- No. 52 Bearcat Mike is too much for these players to audible

LMAO.

ping2000 03-09-2015 11:28 AM

All I know is we lose in the first round of the playoffs.