ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Carjacking at 95th & Monrovia with baby in car ends safely (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290513)

KC native 02-09-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11318964)
I've told this story before but here it is again:

My dad lives in a very rich white suburban neighborhood in north houston. He was held at gunpoint in his own driveway at 7 AM in the morning.

If it happened to him it can happen to anyone. Especially near 79th and Wornall.

[ominous announcer voice] IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU [/ominous announcer voice]

Bugeater 02-09-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11318964)
I've told this story before but here it is again:

My dad lives in a very rich white suburban neighborhood in north houston. He was held at gunpoint in his own driveway at 7 AM in the morning.

If it happened to him it can happen to anyone. Especially near 79th and Wornall.

Welp, that settles it, I'm buying a gun tomorrow.

KC native 02-09-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11318975)
Don't need the details when you're packing.

Exactly. If you happen to kill your kid while killing the bad guy, it's ok because you got the bad guy and people will know not to steal your stuff.

SPchief 02-09-2015 07:44 PM

THAT should do it. See ya'll in DC

petegz28 02-09-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11318978)
To me this smells of a situation where someone probably left a child unattended in a running car. And to answer the question, I don't know what I would do, never spent much time thinking about it since I'm not really worried about being carjacked and I don't have a child. If it was a concern of mine I would probably just do what I mentioned earlier and keep my doors locked and stay aware of what's going on around me and not leave the child unattended in the car.

It may very well have been. I am assuming they pulled up to the ATM and got out thinking things would be safe because they were standing right there as a lot of people do.

If I didn't have a child or if my child was not in the car and I get car jacked. I am giving up the car without any argument. Door locks may or may not stop a car jacking. Just depends on how it goes down.

petegz28 02-09-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 11318983)
Pete's the type of guy that probably sends his kids to school in a helmet and arm and knee pads.

:facepalm:

petegz28 02-09-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11318986)
Exactly. If you happen to kill your kid while killing the bad guy, it's ok because you got the bad guy and people will know not to steal your stuff.

Or you could just let them take the car and pray to God you see your kid alive again.

Hammock Parties 02-09-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11318985)
Welp, that settles it, I'm buying a gun tomorrow.

Dad's probably alive today because he has a gun.

petegz28 02-09-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11318978)
To me this smells of a situation where someone probably left a child unattended in a running car.

And to answer the question, I don't know what I would do, never spent much time thinking about it since I'm not really worried about being carjacked and I don't have a child. If it was a concern of mine I would probably just do what I mentioned earlier and keep my doors locked and stay aware of what's going on around me and not leave the child unattended in the car.

This indeed was the case as it is turning out. Both parents go out of the car, left it running and unlocked. Luckily the driver's cell phone was in the car and that's how the Cops traced the vehicle. I think they parents should be reprimanded some how for child endangerment.

petegz28 02-09-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11319001)

A man was shot in Overland Park on New Year's Eve in his own driveway while warming up his car. But some continue to stick their head in the sand.

TribalElder 02-09-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 11318930)
avoid going to dangerous places is a start.

Too bad all the Missouri thugs are hitting up the Kansas area and robbing stores, car jacking people at the mall, and probably this crime too unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11318938)
I live right around the corner from 79th and Wornall. Getting my CCL in two weeks.

CCW is a nice thing to have. I've had mine for many years and would encourage anyone slightly interested to go through the class and then follow the guidelines after you earn your endorsement.

It sucks walking up to a store and seeing the no guns sign and have to go put your piece in the car. It's the stores right to deny ccw inside their establishment. I ran in to this today in Lenexa. Also, don't get drunk and carry because the police might buttseck's you into a felony charge. You learn a lot of these things during the classroom portion of the training course.

notorious 02-09-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11319014)
It sucks walking up to a store and seeing the no guns sign and have to go put your piece in the car. It's the stores right to deny ccw inside their establishment. I ran in to this today in Lenexa. Also, don't get drunk and carry because the police might buttseck's you into a felony charge. You learn a lot of these things during the classroom portion of the training course.

Might?

You will be doing time, and not allowed to own a gun again in your life.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-09-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11319009)
A man was shot in Overland Park on New Year's Eve in his own driveway while warming up his car. But some continue to stick their head in the sand.

Pete,

Do you ever stop to consider how exceedingly rare such occurrences are and how counterproductive it is to spend your life fretting over possibilities like that? You're considerably more likely to drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow than you are to get murked while you're in your driveway.

Bugeater 02-09-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11319001)

And that's the operative word here, he also could've potentially been killed getting into a gunfight with some thug. If y'all want to carry guns that's freaking fine with me but don't run around acting like it's some panacea. It may change the outcome of a situation but it doesn't guarantee it's going to be the outcome you want.

TribalElder 02-09-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11319018)
Might?

You will be doing time, and not allowed to own a gun again in your life.

Yes might, unfortunately the law is only as strict as those enforcing it. It is illegal to do and the cops can buttseck's you. If you are the luckiest som-bitch around they might let you walk. Never know. I never wanna find out either ROFL