ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jerry Rice Admits to Using Stickum On His Gloves (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290451)

Mr. Laz 02-06-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 11313962)
If it's all about grip and holding the ball, then why not? Rice technically circumvented the "integrity of the game". Of course so did a ton of others.

Just proves how stupid this inflation thing is...

no problems with PEDs then either?

free for all?

If you're not cheating then you aren't trying hard enough?

DaWolf 02-06-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11314109)
no problems with PEDs then either?

free for all?

If you're not cheating then you aren't trying hard enough?

Whatever it is, let's be consistent.

If the media is all over "InflateGate", then I don't see why TextGate and NoiseGate and StickumGate are not leading newscasts. If players want to "taint" trophies or cry about cheating, then let's look at what they themselves did in their day rather than whining that someone else doesn't stack up to them and are tainted. If Tom Brady's rings are tainted, why is no one ripping John Elway and the Donx for their two trophies that were helped by salary cap violations?

I'm just tired of the hypocrisy...

bowener 02-06-2015 04:41 PM

This is worse than deflating footballs. He most definitely cheated in all his SB appearances. This does more to harm the "integrity" of the game by far. His ass should be handed to him on national TV after all the shit he said about the Patriots.

Rain Man 02-06-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 11314066)
I live here in the SF bay area and never heard of the above about Rice. Interesting. In other local news, the Raiders just hired Ken Norton Jr as DC

I had no idea that Ken Norton, Jr., was so desperate. It's sad to see how some of these NFL players completely crash and burn after their NFL careers. I'm assuming he must be homeless now?

keg in kc 02-06-2015 04:56 PM

I've thought the deflation thing was bullshit all along. I think every team cheats on a weekly basis, that many rules are...flexible and that everybody is always looking for some edge, cheap or otherwise.

The best theory I've heard was that the whole deflation thing was leaked to divert any attention away from Goodell' s handling of Ray Rice and domestic violence the two weeks leading into the superbowl. Something innocuous to occupy the national narrative.

Ming the Merciless 02-06-2015 05:05 PM

hey I bet if Mark Boerichter sprayed stickum on his hands he couldve been Jerry Rice, too bad he didnt think of that

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11313931)
Video here.

But of course Rice (and other Niners) are trying to make sure the Patriots dynasty is viewed as tainted. Stunning hypocrisy.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12183975

It is tainted. Another wrong doesn't change that.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11314148)
I've thought the deflation thing was bullshit all along. I think every team cheats on a weekly basis, that many rules are...flexible and that everybody is always looking for some edge, cheap or otherwise.

The best theory I've heard was that the whole deflation thing was leaked to divert any attention away from Goodell' s handling of Ray Rice and domestic violence the two weeks leading into the superbowl. Something innocuous to occupy the national narrative.

A near decade of impossible otherwise fumble numbers says otherwise about the deflate incident.

Deberg_1990 02-06-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11313937)
I've mentioned this before but people in San Fran think Rice is a scumbag. He cheated on his wife constantly, often visited "Massage Parlors" (i.e., prostitutes) and was a frequent cocaine user. Now, we can add Cheater to the list.

The guy is scum. And if anyone's record should be tainted, it should be his.

Beloved "Dancing with the Stars" alum though.....

Ming the Merciless 02-06-2015 05:12 PM

Jerry Rice is the best football player to ever play the game (offensively)

the pats are the Best dynasty ever in football

tom brady is the second best QB to ever play the game

anything else is whinging

Ming the Merciless 02-06-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11313937)
I've mentioned this before but people in San Fran think Rice is a scumbag.

Nah..

Most people here worship the guy

I dunno who told you this, but it was probably a raider's fan

Deberg_1990 02-06-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11314171)

tom brady is the second best QB to ever play the game

One lucky David Tyree catch away from a "no Debate" Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever.

Ming the Merciless 02-06-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11314174)
One lucky David Tyree catch away from a "no Debate" Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever.

Im even willing to entertain arguments that he is the best

but yah

ping2000 02-06-2015 05:16 PM

The only thing we can say for sure is the Chiefs don't cheat. Either that or they really suck at cheating. Nice job guys!

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11314176)
Im even willing to entertain arguments that he is the best

but yah

"A wild hootie appears"