ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Cockamamie Hog Shit that Pisses You Off (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289705)

Buehler445 01-04-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11242889)
I've had a cold the last few days. Those damn packages that the put the cold pills in pisses me off. You just can't peel the damn back off the packaging. You have to pick and peel that shit back.:mad:

:cuss:

Dr. prescribed me a round of Prednisone, of course I get the generic, and Christ if that packaging isn't the bane of my existence.

Iowanian 01-04-2015 05:01 PM

A year ago, my response would have been a rant about some of the new mounting mechanisms for toilet paper holders and towel racks......things that appear mundane and simple but aren't are always infurating. When I'm fixing stuff and get stuck, I usually end up with a busted knuckle, throw a baby fit and stomp away for a little bit...and then when I get back, it works like magic. I'm trying to walk away before the previously required knuckle busting now.

That's not my biggest irritation today though....

Friday, the pup I got for my kids this fall disappeared. I figured a car hit him, a coyote ate him, some dog ebola-ebola'd him....and late Friday night I get a message that someone in a town a few miles away has my dog online as "rescued"....from in front of my home, but I digress.

I message the person, tell them it's my canine, describe it with the color of the collar. I get an address and tell them I'll be down to pick him up in the morning.

At the time specified I drive to the location and immediately, as expected find it to be a meth den that smelled like generic cigarettes and dog shit as the apartments appear to be welfare cases with doors open and dogs running wild.

I go to knock on the door, but it's open, the dude who "rescued" my canine is in the doorway, his 300lb hottie is holding my dog by the collar. I can't breath or see them as well as I should due to the smoke rolling out and try to skip the small talk to collect my dog.

He makes a statement that takes a second to sink in, but I catch "$20" .....i feel my face contort like I'm concussed.....and then he says it again to clarify...and he says "maybe you've heard of a finders fee"... I find myself snapping from my haze of confusion and hear the words coming out of my mouth....
"When you take someone's dog from near their house it's called stealing, and what you're asking for is called Ransom.....Maybe you've seen the movie "taken"?......give me my ****ing dog."

Right now, Scuzbags piss me off more than both battery posts and towel racks.

Marcellus 01-04-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11243058)
A year ago, my response would have been a rant about some of the new mounting mechanisms for toilet paper holders and towel racks......things that appear mundane and simple but aren't are always infurating. When I'm fixing stuff and get stuck, I usually end up with a busted knuckle, throw a baby fit and stomp away for a little bit...and then when I get back, it works like magic. I'm trying to walk away before the previously required knuckle busting now.

Friday, the pup I got for my kids this fall disappeared. I figured a car hit him, a coyote ate him, some dog ebola-ebola'd him....and late Friday night I get a message that someone in a town a few miles away has my dog online as "rescued"....from in front of my home, but I digress.

I message the person, tell them it's my canine, describe it with the color of the collar. I get an address and tell them I'll be down to pick him up in the morning.

At the time specified I drive to the location and immediately, as expected find it to be a meth den that smelled like generic cigarettes and dog shit as the apartments appear to be welfare cases with doors open and dogs running wild.

I go to knock on the door, but it's open, the dude who "rescued" my canine is in the doorway, his 300lb hottie is holding my dog by the collar. I can't breath or see them as well as I should due to the smoke rolling out and try to skip the small talk to collect my dog.

He makes a statement that takes a second to sink in, but I catch "$20" .....i feel my face contort like I'm concussed.....and then he says it again to clarify...and he says "maybe you've heard of a finders fee"... I find myself snapping from my haze of confusion and hear the words coming out of my mouth....
"When you take someone's dog from near their house it's called stealing, and what you're asking for is called Ransom.....Maybe you've seen the movie "taken"?......give me my ****ing dog."

LMAO

I would be pissed too. This is an awesome visualization.

Iowanian 01-04-2015 05:06 PM

If he had said "good luck" I probably would have fed his heart to my dog.

Buehler445 01-04-2015 05:07 PM

Dead somebody Iowanian.

Buehler445 01-04-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11243099)
If he had said "good luck" I probably would have fed his heart to my dog.

ROFL

Reerun_KC 01-04-2015 05:13 PM

ROFL @ Iowanian.

BigRedChief 01-04-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11243058)

Being a methhead is one thing. Taking someones dog?:mad:

displacedinMN 01-04-2015 05:18 PM

Iowanian-you are lucky to be alive

I am convinced that car compaines have deliberatly designed autos to be non-servicable by anyone but a 130.00/hr mechanic. I just had to replace the headlight on my 04 Dakota.
It would have taken my 2 hours to do what it took the mechanic 30 minutes to do. plus he has the tools and a heated garage. I don't.
Started going to a local-not dealer-mechanic for the truck. It cost 80.00 to fix the light. 20 for light, 60 for labor. ugh.

Iowanian 01-04-2015 05:24 PM

The thing I'm not sure about is if in their mind they "rescued" the dog and felt entitled to compensation or if it's a new "thing" to make money.

I took the dog to the vet for a parvo booster as soon as I left, and he said there is are quite a few people who seem to think every dog that isn't tied or kenneled need to be "saved"...and said he knew of dog basically being "saved" out of yards. Most of them are loony crazy cat lady types.

Thats why I wasn't sure, but when they said where it was "found" it was in front of my damn house.

I think most people doing it are well intentioned morons, this one I'm not positive. It was just odd. If they actually intended to steal him, they'd have had him for sale online or on chineese buffet somewhere, but had him listed as rescued.

I was annoyed to have to go that far to get him when I knew he didn't get there alone.....but the $20 thing pissed me off pretty bad.

If the dog had wondered off and they'd have kept him a couple of days, i'd have offered. I always pay my way. When the world's dumbest pony escaped, I paid 2 people for garden damage but this case felt like ransom....Pay or we keep the dog was how it felt with her holding it inside while he talked. F that.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I think they just thought I'd pay them for keeping the dog overnight. I might have even offered under different circumstances.

Buehler445 01-04-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11243208)
The thing I'm not sure about is if in their mind they "rescued" the dog and felt entitled to compensation or if it's a new "thing" to make money.

I took the dog to the vet for a parvo booster as soon as I left, and he said there is are quite a few people who seem to think every dog that isn't tied or kenneled need to be "saved"...and said he knew of dog basically being "saved" out of yards. Most of them are loony crazy cat lady types.

Thats why I wasn't sure, but when they said where it was "found" it was in front of my damn house.

I think most people doing it are well intentioned morons, this one I'm not positive. It was just odd. If they actually intended to steal him, they'd have had him for sale online or on chineese buffet somewhere, but had him listed as rescued.

I was annoyed to have to go that far to get him when I knew he didn't get there alone.....but the $20 thing pissed me off pretty bad.

If the dog had wondered off and they'd have kept him a couple of days, i'd have offered. I always pay my way. When the world's dumbest pony escaped, I paid 2 people for garden damage but this case felt like ransom....Pay or we keep the dog was how it felt with her holding it inside while he talked. F that.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I think they just thought I'd pay them for keeping the dog overnight. I might have even offered under different circumstances.

ROFL I'd be interested to hear that story.

If anyone steals my dog, I'll ****ing kill them. He's not a pup anymore, and doesn't run off. Anyone pulls that shit on me, and I'll likely be less nice than you.

lewdog 01-04-2015 05:31 PM

I just wish I knew someone who was handy and wanted some extra money doing projects for me. I'd pay them fair but wouldn't feel like I was getting ass raped like every time I hire a plumber or electrical.

Saulbadguy 01-04-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11243208)

Did you end up paying? If not, did they say anything after you refused to pay and took your dog?

Dartgod 01-04-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11242626)
Am I the only one so enraged by such stupid shit?

Every. ****ing. Day.

Lonewolf Ed 01-04-2015 05:42 PM

My new computer has pissed me off. For some reason, my speakers now only have sound out of the right one. I've gone and checked the balance, drivers, everything. Maybe my sound card is fugged already. I guess I can unplug everything, get inside the unit and reseat the sound card and *hope* that fixes the problem. But, I am doubtful. Why don't machines just work??