ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Any board changes soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289659)

BossChief 01-02-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11238203)
To put more numbers to it, it's probably a $50k-$75k effort on the low end to design from scratch, so you're gonna have to have some pretty deep pockets.

That's just silly.

There's a guy here that would do it for a steak dinner.

R8RFAN 01-02-2015 06:24 PM

New version of Vbulletin is crap, the only forum software now that is worth anything is XENFORO .

SAUTO 01-02-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11238223)
I just pull up the normal site with the browser on my phone and it works fine, not sure why people are clamoring for an app.

When I had a phone I used the mobile site and loved it.

headsnap 01-02-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11238254)
Well, the best part is that according to the OP Mr. Wutamess won't be back for 3-4 months

this

SAUTO 01-02-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11238251)
Tapatalk is only handy because of the "last read" feature. It saves where you were when you last visited a thread so when you click on it in the future it takes you to the latest post you have yet to read.

Doesn't everything do that? Well maybe not exactly but if you read all the posts the next time you go into the thread hit the red arrow instead of the thread title and even your computer browser will put you where you left off.

SAUTO 01-02-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11238257)
That's just silly.

And then complain about it on another site...

bevischief 01-02-2015 06:35 PM

Have nothing else to complain about...

BigRedChief 01-02-2015 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11238257)
That's just silly.

well played cross thread humor.:thumb:

ThaVirus 01-02-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11238266)
Doesn't everything do that? Well maybe not exactly but if you read all the posts the next time you go into the thread hit the red arrow instead of the thread title and even your computer browser will put you where you left off.

I was never familiar with that feature. I used to use Safari browser on my phone and that just sounds like a bit of extra work

Now that I think about it, I like the text format of Tapatalk as well. The text is a bit small on browser which forces me to go to landscape mode which isn't the easiest on my hands.

BigRedChief 01-02-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 11238258)
New version of Vbulletin is crap, the only forum software now that is worth anything is XENFORO .

Heard lots of feedback along those same lines. Also real negative reviews of the app.

There is just not a lot you can do with these vbulletin forums unless you are willing to put a shitload of work into them. There is no monetary gain because you put all the work into updating the vbulletin forum.

Now, there are other options other than vbulletin but IMHO, all of them have worse downsides than this version of vbulletin.

007 01-02-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

I just pull up the normal site with the browser on my phone and it works fine, not sure why people are clamoring for an app.

I wouldn't mind it on my phone if it at least resized automatically. I hate constantly having to zoom in and out all the time just to click a thread. I settle for tapatalk right now but it is becoming a real joke.

Lzen 01-02-2015 07:47 PM

That damn Roger. Always complaining. :p

I do like the suggestions but it sounds like it won't happen due to being too expensive. I just wish we had the search function.

007 01-02-2015 07:49 PM

I must be the only one here that actually prefers the google search.

Bugeater 01-02-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11238361)
I wouldn't mind it on my phone if it at least resized automatically. I hate constantly having to zoom in and out all the time just to click a thread. I settle for tapatalk right now but it is becoming a real joke.

Huh, mine does resize the pages automatically.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11238391)
I must be the only one here that actually prefers the google search.

The google search works fine to find a thread, but sometimes I am looking for a specific post and it won't work for that.

Buehler445 01-02-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 11238210)
I've considered starting an "AG Planet" several times just to try to put that god damn antique pile of shit in the scrap pile. Their banning of a couple posters recently just added more fuel to the fire. If I was 10 years younger, I'd do it just to do it.

LOL Who'd they ban?

I haven't been on there much. I'd be on there all the damn time if the interface wasn't so terrible. And if mods would come in and take out the dups. Nothing irritates me more than a front page that looks like this.

Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Corn pic
Spidermites?

Quote:

This is what I do too. Quick zoom for the red button. I like it best.