ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marco Polo on Netflix... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289103)

Buehler445 07-10-2016 06:29 AM

Binged the last 4 episodes last night. That was dumb. Now I'm paying for it.

It was pretty good. I know nothing about Mongolian history so I'm not butt hurt about that. I thought Kublais actions towards Polo were probably more believable in this one than the first one.

Spoiler!

I should have rewatched the first season. I had forgotten who a bunch of the female characters were and why they were important.

The fight scenes were well done. And the production value was pretty high. I appreciate that after all the low budget shit I've seen. The acting was really well done IMO. I can't think of a character that missed their emotional notes. It seemed in the first one everybody was busy trying to show Chinese restraint and discipline and forgot to put an undercurrent of emotion in there and it missed a lot.

Hundred Eyes is still the best character and most interesting story. But Chingams parts were really well done. I figured Bayomba would die or his girlfriend would die after saving him or something. Interesting they left that open. I didn't live bringing polos father back as some badass fighter and military general. I thought it would have been better served to be an advisor/guide. Still could have had the same story but without him killing like 50 Mongols super outnumbered. Kinda lame.

Overall though, I was hooked in even after forgetting a bunch of the characters.

stumppy 07-10-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12309294)
Binged the last 4 episodes last night. That was dumb. Now I'm paying for it.

It was pretty good. I know nothing about Mongolian history so I'm not butt hurt about that. I thought Kublais actions towards Polo were probably more believable in this one than the first one.

Spoiler!

I should have rewatched the first season. I had forgotten who a bunch of the female characters were and why they were important.

The fight scenes were well done. And the production value was pretty high. I appreciate that after all the low budget shit I've seen. The acting was really well done IMO. I can't think of a character that missed their emotional notes. It seemed in the first one everybody was busy trying to show Chinese restraint and discipline and forgot to put an undercurrent of emotion in there and it missed a lot.

Hundred Eyes is still the best character and most interesting story. But Chingams parts were really well done. I figured Bayomba would die or his girlfriend would die after saving him or something. Interesting they left that open. I didn't live bringing polos father back as some badass fighter and military general. I thought it would have been better served to be an advisor/guide. Still could have had the same story but without him killing like 50 Mongols super outnumbered. Kinda lame.

Overall though, I was hooked in even after forgetting a bunch of the characters.

Same here.