ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Chiropractors.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288571)

SAUTO 11-20-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11129261)
There are plenty of quacks in 'true, western' medicine too, and they try to sell you on all sorts of shit.

Agreed, I dont go to them either.

penguinz 11-20-2014 07:08 PM

Just to clarify... Not saying to go to a chiro instead of medical doctor. Just as an addition to.

Bwana 11-20-2014 07:17 PM

I have gone about 10 times, worked wonders every time.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11129144)
Btw, did you know that if you go to a "straight" chiro it is likely they don't believe in germs theory or vaccinations.. I shit you not. That's the kind of "doctor" I want manipulating my spine!

That is NOT true. Especially the germ theory but plenty are not against vaccinations.

AustinChief 11-20-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11129644)
That is NOT true. Especially the germ theory but plenty are not against vaccinations.

Yes, it is kooky lady. Look it up. "Straight" chiros follow the teachings of their whackjob founder.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11129158)
Go to an osteopath. They can manipulate the joints but can treat musculoskeletal injuries with more than just manipulation.

I went to an osteopath once, and he cracked me better than a chiro...and he said they weren't getting it done for me. He was old and died tho.' Plus an osteo can prescribe medication if you do need it. I used an osteo for family practitioner and my child for years. Prefer over an regular MD. They're also more open minded about other treatments than the arrogant former blood-letting allopaths these days.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11129693)
Yes, it is kooky lady. Look it up. "Straight" chiros follow the teachings of their whackjob founder.

Obviously, you haven't been to many.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11129309)
Just to clarify... Not saying to go to a chiro instead of medical doctor. Just as an addition to.

Exactly.

AustinChief 11-20-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11129736)
Obviously, you haven't been to many.

And obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. suprise suprise!

AustinChief 11-20-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11129726)
I went to an osteopath once, and he cracked me better than a chiro...and he said they weren't getting it done for me. He was old and died tho.' Plus an osteo can prescribe medication if you do need it. I used an osteo for family practitioner and my child for years. Prefer over an regular MD. They're also more open minded about other treatments than the arrogant former blood-letting allopaths these days.

Ok, I'll give credit where credit is due. Nice post. Osteopaths don't get enough credit.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11129199)
Acupuncture (though not understood) has much more of a scientific basis for efficacy. I know a leading neurologist in austin (well honestly, I know his son) who swears by acupuncture.

One chiro I used to use, thinks well of acupuncture. She uses accupressure in her treatments too. Only her manipulations suck. She does that gentle chiro technique which is nice for some things but not enough for me.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11129126)
Have you ever had a good massage?

It helps the adjustment and tight muscles can pull bone out of position too.

I get them even when I don't go to the chiro because it's so good for you and not just in a physical way. It de-stresses. Bob Hope had one daily I heard. He lived a long life.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11129767)
Ok, I'll give credit where credit is due. Nice post. Osteopaths don't get enough credit.

I love osteopaths.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11129106)
Useful, but the minute they say I'm going to need adjustments for the next 2 years I'm out. Too many are quacks.

We're so used to a quick fix with a prescription or a pill. Some things take longer to handle naturally. However, chiro can and have taken a program too far and too long. Medical coders complain about that. I went for 6 months after an accident. That's long enough. One guy here, though, had me going for a year 2-3 a week. It was annoying and too interrupting of my time and was not necessary. I just finally stopped.

I get this thing, since my 30's, if I crawl under a table very low to get something and or bend too low, like a freak thing, I become jello and can't walk. Have to be carried to the car to go it's so painful. It's amazing what just gentle blocking does for it. Only need to go once or twice and I'm fine. But this guy suckered me into a year. So I know what you're saying.

rockymtnchief 11-20-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11129237)
I'm also happy for you that it worked. Just realize the profession is full of quackery and take anything you are told with a MASSIVE grain of salt. The typical M.O. is to relieve your back pain and then start to try to sell you on the idea that they can bring about world peace if you just come in for more "adjustments."

I've never had a chiro pull that with me.

I get pinched nerves in my lower back about once a year. Every time, they have me back to 100% in no time at all. I love all the ones I've used over the years.