ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Reactions to hearing the Giants are starting Vogelsong over Bumgarner tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287806)

milkman 10-25-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11049875)
Doing the teenage girl thing or doing teenage girls?

Chicken or egg question.

Does he do the teenage girl thing because he does teenage girls, or does he do teenage girls because he does teenage girl thing?

Prison Bitch 10-25-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11049870)
Hootie, while doing the teanage girl thing he does by overdramatizing everything, is right.

BTW, can we change his user name to Jan Brady?

This is pure gold. I called him a manic-depressive but he seems like a decent chap so.....Hormonal teen works well

WilliamTheIrish 10-25-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11049886)
I don't get all of this thinking that MadBum is Bob Gibson/Sandy Kofaux/Cy Young all wrapped into one. We beat him in Kansas City in the regular season. Had 7 hits against him in that one. In game 1, we were getting good contact on his stuff all night.

Same here. He's a good pitcher. The Royals were a little anxious in game 1. If I'm BB, I go with Vogelsong tonight and MadBum on normal rest.

Mav 10-25-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11049806)
Vogelsong must be horrid.

Their fans are demolishing him and Bochy for his trust in Vogelsong.

If the Royals can somehow pull this one out tonight, it's ovah.

He's not. And he pitches really well at home. I trust him the most after bum. Pitching mad bum on short rat makes no sense. We aren't down 3-0.

Even if bum would pitch today, who pitches tomorrow?

Hootie 10-25-2014 11:31 AM

He's the one advantage the Giants have over the Royals. The only one.

You pitch him 1, 4 and 7. No matter what. I guess, unless you're up 2-1 or 3-0 (which they aren't).

Pitching him only twice in this series is a colossal error and IF IT DOES WORK, it's not because Bochy is a "genius", it's because they will have gotten lucky.

That said, as a Royals fan, THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

I appreciate it.

Hootie 10-25-2014 11:32 AM

And if you don't want to pitch Bum tonight, whatever (it's a mistake)

PETIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VOGELSONG

If I was a Giants fan, I'd be irate.

Demonpenz 10-25-2014 11:32 AM

Evena shit pitcher the royals won't do much. The giants problem is they have to get a lead before it gets to the pen.

Mav 10-25-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11049910)
And if you don't want to pitch Bum tonight, whatever (it's a mistake)

PETIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VOGELSONG

If I was a Giants fan, I'd be irate.

No. Vogelsong had pitched in a world series and earned bochy's trust. I'm almost convinced that petit is hurt. Only explanation.

Halfcan 10-25-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11049825)
Vagiants fans are complete idiots for ever second guessing Bochy

ROFL You should put this on a t-shirt!

Mav 10-25-2014 11:34 AM

And bum can come back and pitch game 7 if needed

Hootie 10-25-2014 11:34 AM

Giants have all the pressure in the world.

they HAVE TO HAVE A LEAD before the 6th inning

and the only way they can score against the Royals OF defense with Gordon/Dyson/Cain is hitting it out of the park

to that I say

"good luck"

Vargas is a pure gamer. Just like Guthrie.

Again, if I wasn't so dead afraid of jinxing them, I'd put like $300 on the Royals tonight (who are slight Vegas underdogs lolololololol)

Hootie 10-25-2014 11:36 AM

anyone who thinks Vogelsong over Petit or Bumgarner tonight is a smart move, or even a move that should have been considered, is wrong

I hope the Royals win 11-0

Mav 10-25-2014 11:38 AM

Pitchers get hit by the way. But those trying to minimize just how good he has been in the playoffs during his career is hilarious. He has been flat out dominant in 3 world series. I get the who of wanting to always think your team is the greatest, like hooties ridiculous only advantage is bumgarner comment, buster posey is the best player in this series, but the Royals are the better team.

Buster> Salvy.......

Hehe. Gotta homer a little bit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-25-2014 11:39 AM

Pitchers on three days rest are significantly less effective. The Giants have a better chance at winning the series by starting a rested Bumgarner twice than a less effective Bumgarner in games 4 (and potentially) 7.

Besides, if the Giants get it to Game 7, Bumgarner will start and likely throw around 50 pitches, as it would coincide closely with a side session day. From there you go to Petit and then get to your late inning guys.

Also, this isn't Vogelsong going deep. It's Vogelsong w/ the likelihood of Petit at the first sign of trouble.

Prison Bitch 10-25-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 11049913)
No. Vogelsong had pitched in a world series and earned bochy's trust. I'm almost convinced that petit is hurt. Only explanation.

There's this idea you can just hide all your mediocre players, but you can't in baseball. Guthrie and Vargas have to pitch, guys have to PH, relieve etc. it ain't the NBA where LeBron can have the ball 80% of the time on offense

It's truly the only real team sport. They have to win 1/2 to extend so it really doesn't matter what order it's in