ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official San Francisco Giants @ Kansas City Royals World Series Game 2 Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287703)

BigMeatballDave 10-22-2014 07:11 AM

I suppose if Bum is the only pitcher they have that they can beat us with, I guess we'll win this bitch in 6!

Three7s 10-22-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 11039687)
It was an all around ****ing, but we are not hitting the ball. Let's hope we can start swinging the bats again.

Yeah, the Giants set the tone early and took any chance of getting momentum away with fantastic defense in the first inning. Anxiety took over for the Royals hitters after that point. Let's hope they get back to feeling lax at the plate and doing what they do best.

Old Dog 10-22-2014 07:16 AM

Told folks at work yesterday we were going to lose last night (though I thought it would be something like 4-2) and not to get all pissy when it happened. Anyone who thought Bumgarner was gonna get taken to the woodshed was either fooling themselves or didn't have a clue.
Still thinking Royals take the series in 6, with another loss in game 5.

Kidd Lex 10-22-2014 07:29 AM

Just think, had we only stolen that base we might be in the drivers seat and up 1-0 in the series. #yosted

Mr. Flopnuts 10-22-2014 07:36 AM

I've said more than once I was scared to death of this team losing even 1 game. Now that it's happened, I'm not. I think we'll be just fine. In fact, I'm way more concerned with this ****ing hangover I have and whether or not it's going to go away in time for the 1st pitch tonight. Definitely taking the day off from the Crown. Jesus...

Great Expectations 10-22-2014 07:41 AM

We hit Bumgardner pretty hard, especailly early. His strikeouts with runners in scoring position and us hitting the ball hard right at people sucked. I thought Hoz hit a homer or at least a gapper early with Cain on, Butler drove the ball well. We just didn't find the holes last night. The type of contact we made usually gets us 3-4 runs through 7 innings.

We need Ventura to have a strong outing tonight. If he can go 6 while giving up 2 or maybe 3 runs I like our chances against Peavy. So far in the postseason having our #1 starter getting shelled hasn't hurt our MOJO too much, but we've been carrying him with the bats.

Three7s 10-22-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11039728)
We hit Bumgardner pretty hard, especailly early. His strikeouts with runners in scoring position and us hitting the ball hard right at people sucked. I thought Hoz hit a homer or at least a gapper early with Cain on, Butler drove the ball well. We just didn't find the holes last night. The type of contact we made usually gets us 3-4 runs through 7 innings.

We need Ventura to have a strong outing tonight. If he can go 6 while giving up 2 or maybe 3 runs I like our chances against Peavy. So far in the postseason having our #1 starter getting shelled hasn't hurt our MOJO too much, but we've been carrying him with the bats.

Yep, I thought Hosmer's shot was an easy double. Blanco showed Cain-like range getting to it.

WilliamTheIrish 10-22-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 11039762)
Yep, I thought Hosmer's shot was an easy double. Blanco showed Cain-like range getting to it.

Blanco was playing deep and shaded into the gap. That's how he got to that ball.

Fairplay 10-22-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11039507)
Just got home and still shaken from the brutality I witnessed.
In for game 2, from the safety of my couch.

Did KC native get to you yet?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/YBMqWJmMyW4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wazu 10-22-2014 08:47 AM

Who threw out first pitch last night?

58-4ever 10-22-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11039721)
I've said more than once I was scared to death of this team losing even 1 game. Now that it's happened, I'm not. I think we'll be just fine. In fact, I'm way more concerned with this ****ing hangover I have and whether or not it's going to go away in time for the 1st pitch tonight. Definitely taking the day off from the Crown. Jesus...

Cheers sir. We are in the same boat. My stomach and liver hate me this morning.

58-4ever 10-22-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11039804)

I was there and don't remember a first pitch being thrown out. Either way, Trisha Yearwood and her husband that went to Spring Training with the Royals can stay at home forever.

Mav 10-22-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

I didn't see one either

Fairplay 10-22-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

A military veteran

duncan_idaho 10-22-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11039728)

They squared him up quite a bit (for Bumgarner) early in the game, just didn't find a gap or string them together.

I thought Hosmer had taken him out in the first (and he would have, had he gotten a fraction of an inch further under the ball... probably would have taken him to the fountains).

That one ended in the bottom 3rd/top 4th, when the Royals missed a chance to cut into the 3-0 lead and the Giants tacked on a few runs to blow it wide open.

Still like KC's chances in the next 3 games. Hopefully, Ventura is healthy and ready to go tonight. Need a big start from him!