ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Find the Launch Codes! Alex Smith 6th Best QB Since Week 1! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287645)

Sorter 10-20-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11033973)
We need more Brad Pitt

Fixed

Chief Roundup 10-20-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11033998)
Fixed

Fury was a good movie.

Ming the Merciless 10-20-2014 03:38 PM

I am glad we are beating teams with winning records.

That is a really good sign of the team as a whole.

This is a young team....I don't have confidence in Alex to consistently go into places and win on the road yet, but this is a good step.

Personally I still stand by my opinion that we will never win a playoff game with him at the helm...but I could be wrong.

I would much rather take my chances with a different QB, but who? He is probably the only decent option we had....

I would have loved to see this team grow and develop with a rookie , up and coming QB ...I think that couldve been pretty special...

But maybe that will happen in the next couple years. I just feel like I have seen this movie play out before...

On the poitive note, I love kicking the shit out of the chargers and I love the smash mouth style of ball we played yesterday.

That was one of the most enjoyable games Ive watched in a while.

Saccopoo 10-20-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11034037)

This is a young team....I don't have confidence in Alex to consistently go into places and win on the road yet, but this is a good step.

Personally I still stand by my opinion that we will never win a playoff game with him at the helm...but I could be wrong.

I would much rather take my chances with a different QB, but who? He is probably the only decent option we had....

I would have loved to see this team grow and develop with a rookie , up and coming QB ...I think that couldve been pretty special...

But maybe that will happen in the next couple years. I just feel like I have seen this movie play out before...

On the poitive note, I love kicking the shit out of the chargers and I love the smash mouth style of ball we played yesterday.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I-6n-0WZQo...rt+Waffles.jpg

Baby Lee 10-20-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11034037)

Good think we have 6 of 10 remaining at home, and 3 of the 4 on the road against lesser opponents.

ThaVirus 10-20-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11034059)
Good think we have 6 of 10 remaining at home, and 3 of the 4 on the road against lesser opponents.

Are you a believer, Baby Lee?

dls6501 10-20-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 11033571)
Passer rating actually is -- ascribing all sacks to the QB is dumb.

And weighing all statistics the same regardless of time of game and score isnt dumb?

Bottom line, passer rating and QBR both have positives and negatives. Regardless, they are both simply different metrics to judge a particular performance by the QB.

Neither is dumb.

Ming the Merciless 10-20-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11034059)

Agreed & we could very well be 5-3 after the next two games

and if we string together some road wins and beat the teams we should beat , we may very well win a wild card.

So that leaves us ...what?

Playing away games every game in the playoffs?

Which divisional winners will we beat , on the road, in January?

I mean I agree with your assessment, the schedule is looking favorable at this point for a POSSIBLE wild card....if things fall a certain way...

My only point is, so what?

Baby Lee 10-20-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11034077)
Are you a believer, Baby Lee?

I've laid out my position in detail before. In most basic terms, I fully expect this team to be all over the place. Their injuries have disappointed me [not in a sense of fault placing, unless something comes to light over the rash of Achilles ijuries], but their fight has impressed me.

They're about as solid as I could have hoped coming into the season, moreso given the injuries to stars. But I'm not beyond being prepared for a bed-shitting or two, and fully expect at least one more ass-kicking [though I hope against hope it's not against 5head].

OnTheWarpath15 10-20-2014 04:20 PM

I love when people use stats - much less cherry pick a specific stat- apparently knowing nothing about the "guts" of the statistics itself, and then try to "win" an argument using it.

Passer rating might be the single most ridiculous stat kept in the four major professional sports.

Complete passes and don't turn the ball over and it considers you the love child of Peyton Manning, Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas.

A QB with a game rating of 124.5 had a great day, right?

Completed 78% and threw for 2 TD's and no INT's.

Phenomenal day.

Until you watch the game, and see that he only completed 14 passes for 90 yards and his team lost by 20. (before you accuse me of a hypothetical, this is an actual stat line)

Passer rating is pointless. And please, would one of you who think passer rating is a perfectly acceptable way to judge a QB, yet thinks ESPN's QBR is skewed, explain why.

Rausch 10-20-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11034115)

Right now the Steelers or Bengals look very beatable. They could win or lose to anyone any week.

I seriously doubt we could beat any division winner come playoff time...

Ming the Merciless 10-20-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11034156)
Right now the Steelers or Bengals look very beatable. They could win or lose to anyone any week.

I seriously doubt we could beat any division winner come playoff time...

I agree, which is why it is unfortunate that if you are a wildcard winner, you are guaranteed to play at least 2 divisional winners, on the road.....and most likely 3.

I dont see us beating ONE let alone 3.

Sandy Vagina 10-20-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11034115)
Agreed & we could very well be 5-3 after the next two games

and if we string together some road wins and beat the teams we should beat , we may very well win a wild card.

I mean I agree with your assessment, the schedule is looking favorable at this point for a POSSIBLE wild card....if things fall a certain way...

My only point is, so what?

So how bout just enjoy the ride? What inevitably happens is out of our control.. so enjoy what you can out of the season. Another one and done? Oh ****ing well... at least there was some good with the bad. There will be 30 other teams dealing with disappointment.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-20-2014 04:34 PM

When the Kool Aid man decides to run the ball the team wins. Imagine that.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-20-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11033612)
I am glad we have an elite QB now.

We should stop a mudhole in our next three opponents.

BRING ON THE BUG

Take care of the ball and rush the passer and you win games. I told you that before the season. People picking 4 or 5 games were nuts. You going to make a video of that tasty meal?