ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Has Anyone Else's life Been Affected by Police Brutality? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286647)

eDave 09-17-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 10924083)
It was just funny to me that you said it that way.

I see you came in 2nd. Congratulations on being the 1st loser! / Stroker Ace

When I drive through, I believe Liberal, KS, there is a "Welcome" sign that says "Welcome to Liberal, KS. Home of the State Championship runner ups!"

I get a chuckle every time. Again, I THINK it's Liberal.

Simply Red 09-17-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10924066)
Yes, my high school football team were very nearly the state champions...played the final game that season in a pro stadium against the actual State Champions

In a very large state

would you be scared of Suge Knight?

eDave 09-17-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10924101)
would you be scared of Suge Knight?

I have pondered this thought. If I had nothing to be scared of, then no. Otherwise it would be cool to meet up with him. How that would happen is unknown at this point.

2bikemike 09-17-2014 06:21 PM

I was smacked around by a KCK cop down on Speaker road back in the day when kids would drag race down there. I admit I was a smart ass to the cop. I was angry and had a chip on my shoulder. It actually turned out better that I didn't get run in that night.

The other time was while in the Navy, in Long Beach. I was on my bike doing about a hundred miles an hour and the by the time the cop caught up to me and pulled me over I was right at the front gate to the base. I had been drinking and didn't want to take off my full face helmet. The cop hit me upside the helmet with his mag light. About this time the Base police started coming from the gate and the cop told me I better get my ass back on the base. Again it worked out to my advantage.

I can't count the number of times I have been harassed as a kid from Wyandotte county hanging out in Johnson County. I would get pulled over, searched and questioned on what I was doing over there.

Nothing compared to the OP's story.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-17-2014 06:34 PM

Well, the bastards did pull me over one night , made me pour out a case of beer and stole my friggin bong !

I guess it's ironic that now I jack off pigs.

SAUTO 09-17-2014 06:37 PM

I grew up in armourdale
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-17-2014 06:39 PM

Nope.

Buzz 09-17-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10924187)
I grew up in armourdale
Posted via Mobile Device

I remember you saying this before, as a white guy, not a place I would want to drive through after dark. I used to sell window signs to a chicken place there 20 years ago, didn't feel comfortable during the day.

notorious 09-17-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10924094)
When I drive through, I believe Liberal, KS, there is a "Welcome" sign that says "Welcome to Liberal, KS. Home of the State Championship runner ups!"

I get a chuckle every time. Again, I THINK it's Liberal.

Liberal is such a fine town.

/sarcasm

Chiefs4TheWin 09-17-2014 07:15 PM

I have not been a victim of brutality, but I've been a victim of my own stupidity. When I was young my friend got pulled for a break light. Ended up searching all 5 of us under the guise of they had the right to search the car, lied, said they found marijuana, charged the person who's seat they claimed had weed in it for possession, and the driver for transporting. Said if they came in the next day and gave a name they would be OK. So we went home and the 5 of us made up a name.

So we made up a name, Jeff Clark. Went in and asked to see what they found. They found nothing.

Of the 2 police officers that did this. One is now a Pennsylvania State Policeman, and the other is still a local town police officer.

Ever since then I've studied my rights in this wretched state.

kcxiv 09-17-2014 07:38 PM

I used to get harassed all the time as a kid by the same asshole who is now the Chief these days, **** Tom Trinidad. lol I was with a friend when i was like 19 and apparently there was a hit and run a few blocks where we were partying at. Well, it was like 2 in the morning and me and a buddy were walking home in the hood and all of a sudden this cop comes charging out of some bushes and tackles my friend next to me in the street lol His whole arm got turned into hamburger meat. It was nasty. Shit was so uncalled for. Then he tried to blame us for the hit and run. Apprently someone wrecked a car into one of them construction waste bins. lol It wasnt me or him, but i know who did it! lol This was years ago though like 1997 maybe

DC.chief 09-17-2014 07:45 PM

One June night in 2008, I had an argument with my father and had left the house to cool down. While I was out my mother called and said I need you here now it's about dad hurry. I speed home and find my dad in the backyard underneath the deck sitting on a retaining wall with a gun behind his back. He was calm at the time but had claimed he was going to shoot himself. I was back there with my mom and my neighbor having a calm conversation and trying to talk him into giving us the gun.

I left the yard and went next door where two federal law enforcement agents resided. I ask them for advice as they were friends and the both said call the cops. I felt things were under control but decided lets be safe about this. I call. 4 deputies show up and formulate a plan in less than 2 minutes to basically storm through the gate through our privacy fence to taser him. It is pitch black outside as it is nearly midnight mind you. They storm through the gate. point flashlights in his face and fire tasers at him before even announcing themselves. one probe hits his arm but the other misses. He stands up and runs to the back door of the house while leaving the gun behind on the retaining wall. as he opens the door a deputy puts a 3 round burst from an ar-15 in his back and he falls face first into the rec room. my mother and I were both with in a few feet of him. I watched him lift his head and arm for a brief second and he took his last breath.

We went through two federal trials and lost both. the police claimed he had the gun on him and raised it at them even though all 3 bullet wounds were in his backside. They lied and said the gun was underneath him after he fell. Yet from all the blood that stained the carpet underneath his torso not a drop of it was on the gun, which was still in its holster by the way. we lost the appeal. I will never under any circumstance call the police again. If I had only tackled him and took the gun from him, which I could have, this all could have been avoided. In my defining moment, I failed.

Bwana 09-17-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 10924458)
One June night in 2008, I had an argument with my father and had left the house to cool down. While I was out my mother called and said I need you here now it's about dad hurry. I speed home and find my dad in the backyard underneath the deck sitting on a retaining wall with a gun behind his back. He was calm at the time but had claimed he was going to shoot himself. I was back there with my mom and my neighbor having a calm conversation and trying to talk him into giving us the gun.

I left the yard and went next door where two federal law enforcement agents resided. I ask them for advice as they were friends and the both said call the cops. I felt things were under control but decided lets be safe about this. I call. 4 deputies show up and formulate a plan in less than 2 minutes to basically storm through the gate through our privacy fence to taser him. It is pitch black outside as it is nearly midnight mind you. They storm through the gate. point flashlights in his face and fire tasers at him before even announcing themselves. one probe hits his arm but the other misses. He stands up and runs to the back door of the house while leaving the gun behind on the retaining wall. as he opens the door a deputy puts a 3 round burst from an ar-15 in his back and he falls face first into the rec room. my mother and I were both with in a few feet of him. I watched him lift his head and arm for a brief second and he took his last breath.

We went through two federal trials and lost both. the police claimed he had the gun on him and raised it at them even though all 3 bullet wounds were in his backside. They lied and said the gun was underneath him after he fell. Yet from all the blood that stained the carpet underneath his torso not a drop of it was on the gun, which was still in its holster by the way. we lost the appeal. I will never under any circumstance call the police again. If I had only tackled him and took the gun from him, which I could have, this all could have been avoided. In my defining moment, I failed.

That's one hell of a story, sorry dude that sucks. :(

whoaskew 09-17-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

My God man, that is horrible. I thought my situation was bad, but to actually witness that with your own eyes?

I know it is easy for me to sit here and tell you not to blame yourself, but I can honestly understand why you feel the way you do. A small part of me blames myself for what happened to my Dad, and I wasn't even born yet when it happened.

I hate to hear you went through that, and I hope those bastards rot in hell for what they did...

eDave 09-17-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Damn. I don't know what else to say really. How are you doing?