ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Minnesota Twins @ Kansas City Royals Game Thread (8/26) *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285949)

ChiTown 08-26-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10851005)
All of this, some of you need to get over yourselves thinking we have no need for a seasoned veteran on the roster!

And yes, Willingham needs to be in the lineup basically every damn day, his presence in the line up is HUGE!

Actually none of this. That veteran presence shit is so overrated, and is his value to the team. HE'S GOT TO GO!

ROYC75 08-26-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10851016)
Ibanez is not a guy who has been here for years and who everyone high-5's on their way into the office. He's been here literally weeks.

The value of his "veteran presence", if such a thing ever has any value with anyone, is basically zero.

We basically agree on everything, but this we simply do not. His LH bat as a PH is what we need at times off the bench or against some pitchers he has a solid history against. His presence in the locker room with younger players who have never been in a playoff chase is very valuable. His call of a players only meeting after only being here for a week caught the attention of the younger players where as it was delivered by a guy that has taken on the role of team leader in the dugout, somebody that who is a player, not a coach, that has been in playoff games and chase's before.

It's called, leadership. Shields has provided it to the younger pitchers. Gordon to the younger players on defense, plus his bat along with Butler. Ibanez has provided it to the role bench & players as well as dugout / locker room.

It is what it is, anybody should be able to see this. Coaches in any sport likes the right mix of veterans & younger players, as well as guys that do the dirty work, guys who lead by example with everything they do.

ROYC75 08-26-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 10850850)
I like it. Let Aoki play vs. Lefties in RF. But this is a good lineup.

Let Willingham play more RF.

ROYC75 08-26-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10850867)
Yeah I like this lineup, other than Escobar at 2. I'm with Al. Colon has showed good patience and ability as a #2 hitter, IMO.

When Hosmer comes back, I'd think about a platoon with Aoki and Willingham. No question he's a step up over Josh defensively, but Willingham's bat...I think we're going to need it.

Having Salvy, Butler, Gordon, Hosmer, and Willingham in the same lineup has some potential.

No doubt about it, but Willingham needs more plate appearances, no freaking way he should be any lower that 3rd or 4th in the line up.

bsroyals54 08-26-2014 03:10 PM

Finally a lineup I agree with

alnorth 08-26-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10851082)
It's called, leadership. Shields has provided it to the younger pitchers. Gordon to the younger players on defense, plus his bat along with Butler.

Alternate theory: Young players naturally improve. I do not believe the rest of our starting pitchers would have done worse if Shields was not here. Same with outfield and Gordon.

These guys are just really good players. They are not coaches or mentors who teach others how to play baseball. Cain, Dyson, Duffy, etc are all grown-ass men who have been playing baseball their whole lives.

Mr. Laz 08-26-2014 03:13 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv_TJkvCAAAWJ_i.jpg

bsroyals54 08-26-2014 03:14 PM

How can I see this game besides actually going to the K? Is there a stream?

bsroyals54 08-26-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsroyals54 (Post 10851224)
How can I see this game besides actually going to the K? Is there a stream?

Never mind, found it on FS1

ChiefsCountry 08-26-2014 03:25 PM

Tonight is a must win, especially with Ventura out tomorrow night.

cmh6476 08-26-2014 03:39 PM

tomorrow's GDT needs to have an oasis flavor to it

ROYC75 08-26-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10851217)
Alternate theory: Young players naturally improve. I do not believe the rest of our starting pitchers would have done worse if Shields was not here. Same with outfield and Gordon.

These guys are just really good players. They are not coaches or mentors who teach others how to play baseball. Cain, Dyson, Duffy, etc are all grown-ass men who have been playing baseball their whole lives.

Improve, hell yeah, they have to or get shipped out. They have to learn how to not only perform, but to train daily, prepare themselves daily mentally as well. How to take care of themselves, go about the daily non-baseball stuff so that it doesn't interfere with with their performance on the field.

Puppies are wild and radical until they hang out with older dogs!

ROYC75 08-26-2014 03:48 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Willingham should be batting 3rd on the lineup? That batting 6th or 7th is a perfect fit ?

Nuts! Nuts I say, just plain nutty!

ChiTown 08-26-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10851300)
Improve, hell yeah, they have to or get shipped out. They have to learn how to not only perform, but to train daily, prepare themselves daily mentally as well. How to take care of themselves, go about the daily non-baseball stuff so that it doesn't interfere with with their performance on the field.

Actually, puppies don't learn how to mellow themselves by hanging out with older dogs, they learn that from their Master's.

ROYC75 08-26-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10851300)

Master Ned ?

Come on now, everybody knows you can teach a new dog a new trick, not so much old dogs, they already know them.;)