ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA Regular Season Thread Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285383)

Schnitzel 08-01-2014 11:45 PM

That's as horrible to watch as the injury of the Louisville guy two years ago. Hope he recovers from that.

SeeingRed 08-02-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10789250)
Here's the injury if you want to watch it http://giant.gfycat.com/ObviousInnocentAurochs.gif

Wow that's ****ing horrible!!

Why Not? 08-02-2014 12:51 AM

Terrible. Feel horrible for him. Not that it matters right now, but one has to wonder how this affects NBA stars playing for team USA moving forward.

chiefzilla1501 08-02-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10789775)
Terrible. Feel horrible for him. Not that it matters right now, but one has to wonder how this affects NBA stars playing for team USA moving forward.

It's stupid. Beyond ****ing stupid.

NBA players have to extend their season and risk their bodies for some stupid international exhibition. It's not like it's the Olympics. And if they don't play, their patriotism gets questioned.

Stop sending the game's best to these games. I could care less if the USA doesn't rank among the best in some worthless exhibition. And why does this thing exist? Money. I am just sorry that George had to be the scapegoat.

KevB 08-02-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789813)

NBA players have to extend their season and risk their bodies for some stupid international exhibition. It's not like it's the Olympics. And if they don't play, their patriotism gets questioned.

Stop sending the game's best to these games. I could care less if the USA doesn't rank among the best in some worthless exhibition. And why does this thing exist? Money. I am just sorry that George had to be the scapegoat.

These guys are going to play during the summer regardless. It is how they get better. He could have gotten hurt any number of ways.

CoMoChief 08-02-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789813)

ROFL no it doesnt man

RustShack 08-02-2014 08:12 AM

Lol wut

dirk digler 08-02-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10789864)
These guys are going to play during the summer regardless. It is how they get better. He could have gotten hurt any number of ways.

Yep. Alot of NBA players travel around the world and do exhibitions etc..

Jamie 08-02-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10789866)
ROFL no it doesnt man

I would say it does, but with the caveats that it's 1) only if we lose, and 2) only as false media-created controversy.

chiefzilla1501 08-02-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

There is a difference between friendlies and optional exhibitions, and highly competitive exhibitions where players are expected to play their ass off. I think they're completely stupid. These players have dead legs at the end of the season as is. And yet, when players drop out, they have to give some long explanation for why they're not playing. As if they should feel bad for not representing their country.

The guys who really need to play these games are young guys. Not superstars like George. Completely stupid, meaningless tournament and I hope more superstars start backing out.

Pitt Gorilla 08-02-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789946)
There is a difference between friendlies and optional exhibitions, and highly competitive exhibitions where players are expected to play their ass off. I think they're completely stupid. These players have dead legs at the end of the season as is. And yet, when players drop out, they have to give some long explanation for why they're not playing. As if they should feel bad for not representing their country.

The guys who really need to play these games are young guys. Not superstars like George. Completely stupid, meaningless tournament and I hope more superstars start backing out.

I agree. I like the Pacers, but I'm not Pacer Fan. If I was, I'd be going ballistic. As it is, I'm just really, really sad for Paul and the game. He was outstanding to watch on both ends of the floor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-02-2014 11:41 AM

The guys are playing pickup constantly in the offseason. Even if you eliminate these kinds of tournaments, the injuries aren't going to go down. It just happened to occur in a highly visible game. I understand why the teams would be reluctant to do it, but guys are more likely to get injured in the dunk contest than this. Move the support back to where it normally is and this never happens.

Freak injuries occur, but they are freak occurrences.

On a more positive note, the doctors said that he had no damage to his ankle or knee (which I'm guessing means no ligament damage) and that they expect his recovery to be long, but full.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-02-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10790078)

On a more positive note, the doctors said that he had no damage to his ankle or knee (which I'm guessing means no ligament damage) and that they expect his recovery to be long, but full.

No surprise. People were acting like he broke his ****ing neck. Act like you've cheered an injury before (Cassel)

kcxiv 08-02-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

I was about to say this, they have to keep in shape, this is what its doing. Alot of these guys play at the local College Gym's. I know in L.A A bunch of clippers/lakers and even other teams players play in games to get ready for the season.

This was just a freak accident and has nothing to do with them being on an Olympic team. Its just a random act of life. Shit happens.

kcxiv 08-02-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789946)

So your saying that SuperStars dont play at 100 percent when they are playing pick up games? ughh, Alot of these guys are super competitive, they bring it. If you were to tell someone like Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Chris Paul, they would look at you like you were stupid. The way you get better is to play hard. You dont get better by half assing it even during pick up games.