ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Wal-Mart ice cream doesn't melt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285266)

Fire Me Boy! 07-26-2014 01:06 PM

Wal-Mart ice cream doesn't melt

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10768437)
Tara gum isnt a chemical, its just as natural as eggs.

Maybe chemical wasn't the right word. How about "additive."

And while natural, not exactly "just as natural as eggs."

Quote:

Tara gum is a white or beige, nearly odorless powder that is produced by separating and grinding the endosperm of C. spinosaseeds.

BWillie 07-26-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 10768291)
My biggest motivation to lose weight is Walmart. I don't want to blend in with the Walmart herd. I want to look at that herd with disgust, Ban Walmarts.

Yes, everybody who goes to Wal-Mart is fat.

BWillie 07-26-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 10768034)
It's crap ice cream that you paid $1.99 for. What did you expect lady!

OH MY GODSZ!!! MY ICE CREME SANDWITCH DIDNT MELTS!!! OHH NOWWS!!!! CALL THE HUFFINGTON POAST!!! SOMEONE MUST BE HALD ACCOUNTABLES!!!!

it has GUM in it!!! OH THE OUTRAGEEE!!! I bet they sell eggs too from chickens that are kept in cages!!!! OHHH SO UNHUMANEEE YEOEOOOOWWWWW

Pepe Silvia 07-26-2014 02:38 PM

Willy Wonka must have invented it.

CoMoChief 07-26-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10768432)
That's why I eat Blue Bell. Best ice cream in the country.

Central Dairy in Jeff City makes the best ice cream Ive ever tasted.

Stewie 07-26-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10768432)
That's why I eat Blue Bell. Best ice cream in the country.

They claim to be of the "pure" ice cream guild. BS! They don't put their ingredient list on their website. They say, "Check the package for ingredients!" OK, that seems suspicious until you see a picture of the carton. "Made with loving care" and a bunch of other stuff.

http://www.family-wellness.com/wp-co...0/IMG_0550.jpg

TimBone 07-26-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10768676)
They claim to be of the "pure" ice cream guild. BS! They don't put their ingredient list on their website. They say, "Check the package for ingredients!" OK, that seems suspicious until you see a picture of the carton. "Made with loving care" and a bunch of other stuff.

http://www.family-wellness.com/wp-co...0/IMG_0550.jpg

That says vegetable gums. Awesome. I wasn't even counting it as a vegetable serving.

TimBone 07-26-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10768661)
Central Dairy in Jeff City makes the best ice cream Ive ever tasted.

Don't you ever ****ing talk to me with that tone again.

Pitt Gorilla 07-26-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10768417)
Haagen Dazs is the only mainstream ice cream manufacturer that uses eggs and it's a very small percentage of the product. In large dairy production, eggs add too many unwanted headaches for ice cream, so they are avoided.

For the plain ice creams (vanilla, etc.) you can get away with milk, cream, sweetener, thickeners and flavoring. For the more popular flavors (i.e. cookies and cream) it's much more difficult to produce a decent product without stabilizers, emulsifiers, etc.

I'll use Breyer's as an example.

Here's their vanilla ice cream:

MILK, CREAM, SUGAR, TARA GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR. Ingredients and Nutrition Facts are current as of 3/1/13.

Here's their Rocky Road, which is very popular:

FROZEN DAIRY DESSERT [MILK, SUGAR, CORN SYRUP, CREAM, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), WHEY, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, GUAR GUM, CAROB BEAN GUM, CARRAGEENAN, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, TARA GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR], MARSHMALLOW SWIRL [MILK, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, CREAM, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, GUAR GUM, CARRAGEENEN, NATURAL FLAVOR], CHOCOLATEY COATED ALMONDS [CHOCOLATE FLAVORED COATING (SUGAR, COCONUT OIL, NATURAL COCOA, NONFAT MILK, WHOLE MILK POWDER, BUTTER OIL, SOY LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVOR), DRY ROASTED ALMONDS]. Ingredients and Nutrition Facts are current as of 3/1/13

I worked in an ice cream plant during my college years. Making ice cream in high volume is quite a science. If it doesn't taste good and have good "mouth feel" it will rot in the grocers freezer.

Blue Bunny uses eggs.

http://www.bluebunny.com/products/d/...atural_Vanilla

Stewie 07-26-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10768683)

That's a French Vanilla. They call it "All Natural" but it's the same thing. Those are very limited runs since it takes extra care to make sure there are no pathogens that get to the consumer.

bevischief 07-26-2014 06:43 PM

No wonder you sucked last year....

MTG#10 07-26-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10768462)
Maybe chemical wasn't the right word. How about "additive."

And while natural, not exactly "just as natural as eggs."

You know what they feed the chickens that lay the eggs for your ice cream right?

Fire Me Boy! 07-26-2014 07:46 PM

My eggs are from a local grainary, and they have a huge pasture where they roam and eat their natural diet. And I hardly ever eat ice cream, but if I do, there's a good chance I'll make my own with locally sourced dairy, too. Of course, I do use dry ice to make it.

TimBone 07-26-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10769303)
My eggs are from a local grainary, and they have a huge pasture where they roam and eat their natural diet. And I hardly ever eat ice cream, but if I do, there's a good chance I'll make my own with locally sourced dairy, too. Of course, I do use dry ice to make it.

Use some of that vegetable gum too, gotta get your greens.

BWillie 07-26-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10769303)

Pump mine full of steroids to make them bigger, live longer, produce more eggs, and confine them to cages to maximize the farmers return on investment.