ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2015 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132)

RunKC 11-12-2014 09:21 AM

I don't get the first pick. I fully expect us to resign Bailey. I've noticed we mainly have two DL on the field with Tamba/Houston at the line as well.
We'll have Poe, Bailey, Cat will be back, Walker and Howard (who has looked pretty good for 3rd string on the depth chart).

Going by Dorsey's history, I think he'll draft to replace a high contract. He needs to to get the cap ready for Houston and Poe (and maybe Berry).

Trae Waynes would be a great pick. Another prospect like Phillip Gaines, and we need help there with Cooper struggling and Owens being a dumpster fire.

That or receiver. I think they can get a good WR like Diggs in rd 2 though.

Like your TE pick. I'd be pumped if our draft had those 3 in it.

Saccopoo 11-12-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11105466)
I don't get the first pick. I fully expect us to resign Bailey. I've noticed we mainly have two DL on the field with Tamba/Houston at the line as well.
We'll have Poe, Bailey, Cat will be back, Walker and Howard (who has looked pretty good for 3rd string on the depth chart).

Going by Dorsey's history, I think he'll draft to replace a high contract. He needs to to get the cap ready for Houston and Poe (and maybe Berry).

Trae Waynes would be a great pick. Another prospect like Phillip Gaines, and we need help there with Cooper struggling and Owens being a dumpster fire.

That or receiver. I think they can get a good WR like Diggs in rd 2 though.

Like your TE pick. I'd be pumped if our draft had those 3 in it.

Catapano is Bigfoot at this point. The dude is a myth.

Poe is going to cost money. A lot of it.

Goldman is currently at 320 lb. and could carry a lot more on that frame if needed. He could play either the DE spot or DT. And Walker, Howard and Vickerson and just dudes.

Eddie Goldman is an immediate upgrade at RDE in the base set and insurance against Poe getting/taking huge money after 2015.

RunKC 11-12-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11105662)
Catapano is Bigfoot at this point. The dude is a myth.

Poe is going to cost money. A lot of it.

Goldman is currently at 320 lb. and could carry a lot more on that frame if needed. He could play either the DE spot or DT. And Walker, Howard and Vickerson and just dudes.

Eddie Goldman is an immediate upgrade at RDE in the base set and insurance against Poe getting/taking huge money after 2015.

People said the same thing about Kelce. Cat was a growing player and I think he will be back next year.

I wouldn't mind Eddie Goldman, especially since we have so many picks.
But I don't want to draft him simply to replace Poe.
I would rather draft to replace Bowe and/or S.Smith so we can use the money saved from them to sign Poe.

We can't let Poe go. He's a top 5 interior DL.

Saccopoo 11-12-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11105684)
People said the same thing about Kelce. Cat was a growing player and I think he will be back next year.

I wouldn't mind Eddie Goldman, especially since we have so many picks.
But I don't want to draft him simply to replace Poe.
I would rather draft to replace Bowe and/or S.Smith so we can use the money saved from them to sign Poe.

We can't let Poe go. He's a top 5 interior DL.

I agree, but those max contracts can cripple a team and you'd rather have that money going to a rush end or QB than a nose. He'll get paid, but I'm not so sure that that money could be better utilized to keep the overall continuity of the team intact.

You could literally draft a guy like him every four years or so and get the same level of production.

Goldman or the University of Washington's Danny Shelton (who I also like a ton in this draft and is very "Poe-esque" in terms of his build and game, though Shelton might be even better in terms of ability to collapse the pocket at the same stage) would be a very nice insurance policy that goes towards Dontari leaving after the 2015 season.

And I'm not so sure that there's a first round WR that fits this system to the degree of using a first round pick on one. Odell Beckham last year, sure. But the two guys I have in this draft - Diggs and Dorsett - both possess that true breakaway speed that is utilized in the YAC that this system should flourish upon and should be available in the mid-rounds. (Diggs buried himself a bit this past month with his suspension and will drop.)

At this point, the BPA in the first round is really looking like a trench player on either side of the ball. I like the defensive players better than the o-line guys in this draft. Goldman gives you a little more diversity than Shelton, but either would be nice.

RunKC 11-12-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11105846)
I agree, but those max contracts can cripple a team and you'd rather have that money going to a rush end or QB than a nose. He'll get paid, but I'm not so sure that that money could be better utilized to keep the overall continuity of the team intact.

You could literally draft a guy like him every four years or so and get the same level of production.

Goldman or the University of Washington's Danny Shelton (who I also like a ton in this draft and is very "Poe-esque" in terms of his build and game, though Shelton might be even better in terms of ability to collapse the pocket at the same stage) would be a very nice insurance policy that goes towards Dontari leaving after the 2015 season.

And I'm not so sure that there's a first round WR that fits this system to the degree of using a first round pick on one. Odell Beckham last year, sure. But the two guys I have in this draft - Diggs and Dorsett - both possess that true breakaway speed that is utilized in the YAC that this system should flourish upon and should be available in the mid-rounds. (Diggs buried himself a bit this past month with his suspension and will drop.)

At this point, the BPA in the first round is really looking like a trench player on either side of the ball. I like the defensive players better than the o-line guys in this draft. Goldman gives you a little more diversity than Shelton, but either would be nice.

I agree, but Alex's contract isn't breaking the bank. It's gonna be middle of the pack next year with the cap inflation and 2011 class getting big contracts.

Tamba, Bowe and S. Smith have big contracts. Top 5 paid guys. We already have Tamba's replacement. If we can get Sean Smith's, along with cutting expendable players, we should have enough to keep them. We just won't be big spenders in FA, which is completely fine with me seeing how Dorsey has crafted this team.

I agree about a WR. I think all the top guys will be gone and I don't wanna reach.
Also agree on the trenches comment. Bailey is a strong guy but he's barely 300 lbs. A bigger more athletic guy like Poe would sure help us a lot.
Still have La'El Collins in mind. LG is killing us and RT isn't that much better. For some reason Stephenson can't get on the field which isn't good.

Dorsey has publicly stated he believes the trenches are the most important part of your team after QB and Andy's history agrees with this.

O.city 11-12-2014 02:15 PM

Oh Sac, what a doofus.

Saccopoo 11-12-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11106062)
Oh Sac, what a doofus.

Good input...

Love the in-depth, objective analysis.

Post more.

Saccopoo 11-17-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11106053)
I agree, but Alex's contract isn't breaking the bank. It's gonna be middle of the pack next year with the cap inflation and 2011 class getting big contracts.

Tamba, Bowe and S. Smith have big contracts. Top 5 paid guys. We already have Tamba's replacement. If we can get Sean Smith's, along with cutting expendable players, we should have enough to keep them. We just won't be big spenders in FA, which is completely fine with me seeing how Dorsey has crafted this team.

I agree about a WR. I think all the top guys will be gone and I don't wanna reach.
Also agree on the trenches comment. Bailey is a strong guy but he's barely 300 lbs. A bigger more athletic guy like Poe would sure help us a lot.
Still have La'El Collins in mind. LG is killing us and RT isn't that much better. For some reason Stephenson can't get on the field which isn't good.

Dorsey has publicly stated he believes the trenches are the most important part of your team after QB and Andy's history agrees with this.

Collins is a nice player, but it depends on what they think they have in Allen and how the other guys develop like Kush, LDT, etc. I personally thought that Allen was going to have a breakout year this season. He put a lot of work in and he's got a great attitude. Injury killed that possibility for 2014 but Fulton has been getting better each game and looks to be okay so far.

I think that getting a high level guy for DeVito's position (if he can't come back from that achilles) is important for the defense, especially a guy that can be solid against the run while providing some degree of a push upfield.

RunKC 11-18-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11122832)
Collins is a nice player, but it depends on what they think they have in Allen and how the other guys develop like Kush, LDT, etc. I personally thought that Allen was going to have a breakout year this season. He put a lot of work in and he's got a great attitude. Injury killed that possibility for 2014 but Fulton has been getting better each game and looks to be okay so far.

I think that getting a high level guy for DeVito's position (if he can't come back from that achilles) is important for the defense, especially a guy that can be solid against the run while providing some degree of a push upfield.

I wouldn't mind that. I think Eddie Goldman will be gone. Maybe Mario Edwards. Christian Covington is another good prospect as well.

Direckshun 11-18-2014 01:45 PM

I love this draft desperately, but you should honestly consider substituting in a WR of your choosing over a DE, who's rarely going to see the field since the Chiefs are in love with Poe and Bailey in their frequently-played subpackages.

This lineup doesn't give us any WRs. We're going go to hit the field with Bowe, Avery, and Jenkins as our WRs AGAIN.

What's your plan there?

Saccopoo 11-19-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11123763)
I love this draft desperately, but you should honestly consider substituting in a WR of your choosing over a DE, who's rarely going to see the field since the Chiefs are in love with Poe and Bailey in their frequently-played subpackages.

This lineup doesn't give us any WRs. We're going go to hit the field with Bowe, Avery, and Jenkins as our WRs AGAIN.

What's your plan there?

:spock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10757244)
3. Stefon Diggs, WR; Maryland: 6'0", 195 lbs.
- Originally I had Diggs as the Chiefs pick in the first round. However, Diggs, while leading the Terrapins in receiving in 2014, has been suspended by the team for his part in the pre-game dust up against Penn State last weekend. Might be suspended even further by the conference for contact with a referee. Questions about his route running are out there as well. A pretty talented WR draft will push Diggs down into the second or third rounds. But make no mistake, Diggs can flat out play. Insanely fast and intense. He's the type of guy that can turn a field when the ball is in his hands. Former five star recruit and #2 rated prep WR.

http://www.campussports.net/beta/wp-...yTGhZJj2Pl.jpg

Previous pick: Rashard Greene, WR; Florida State

4. Phillip Dorsett, WR; Miami: 5'10", 195 lb.
- Dorsett, an absolute burner, is having a record setting season. He's currently averaging 30.1 ypc on 19 receptions with 6 TDs with two games where he's averaged 50 ypc and 47 ypc. That's insane. True breakaway speed with open field elusiveness, Dorsett is a rocket ship with the ball in his hands. In Reid's West Coast system, it's all about the yards after the catch and Dorsett is doing that better than anyone in college football currently.

Picked up off a UMiami tweet:

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/A...5/6_665811.jpg

Previous pick: Tyrus Thompson, OT; Oklahoma

OldSchool 11-19-2014 10:37 AM

Not a big fan of just bringing in more undersized speed WRs. We already have 4 of them on the team, 5 if you count DAT.

I'd much rather grab a guy who can help in the red zone and play in a style that's similar to the Bowes, Jeffreys, Fitzgeralds, Boldins, and Marshalls of the league. This ball control offense would look even better with another receiver who can just physically dominate a DB.

Jaelen Strong in the 1st or Duke Williams in the 2nd-3rd. Then you can drop a later pick on a guy like Dorsett. Dorsett himself will likely go higher than the 4th round. I expect him to be gone no later than the 3rd.

This team needs another dependable chain mover so teams can't just focus on Bowe and Kelce on 3rd downs.

Saccopoo 11-19-2014 11:28 AM

Newly updated.

Saccopoo 11-19-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11125986)
Not a big fan of just bringing in more undersized speed WRs. We already have 4 of them on the team, 5 if you count DAT.

I'd much rather grab a guy who can help in the red zone and play in a style that's similar to the Bowes, Jeffreys, Fitzgeralds, Boldins, and Marshalls of the league. This ball control offense would look even better with another receiver who can just physically dominate a DB.

Jaelen Strong in the 1st or Duke Williams in the 2nd-3rd. Then you can drop a later pick on a guy like Dorsett. Dorsett himself will likely go higher than the 4th round. I expect him to be gone no later than the 3rd.

This team needs another dependable chain mover so teams can't just focus on Bowe and Kelce on 3rd downs.

I'd argue that it doesn't.

This team needs guys with speed who can actually play football. Having Fasano, Kelce, Sherman, DAT, Harris, Charles, Hemingway, etc., means that they have an absolute ass ton of guys who should be effective third down, "move the chains" options.

What this team needs is guys who will open the defense and be able to absolutely turn the field with the ball in their hands. Both Diggs and Dorsett are those types of guys. Might even be the two fastest guys in the entire 2015 draft and they can actually play football. (Imagine that!)

OldSchool 11-19-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11126093)
I'd argue that it doesn't.

This team needs guys with speed who can actually play football. Having Fasano, Kelce, Sherman, DAT, Harris, Charles, Hemingway, etc., means that they have an absolute ass ton of guys who should be effective third down, "move the chains" options.

What this team needs is guys who will open the defense and be able to absolutely turn the field with the ball in their hands. Both Diggs and Dorsett are those types of guys. Might even be the two fastest guys in the entire 2015 draft and they can actually play football. (Imagine that!)

Sure we have a few TEs, Kelce will be great, Fasano is a steady vet, and Harris has potential and I expect bigger things from him next year. But I'm talking specifically about the WR position.

Hemingway? Really? He isn't close to being good enough right now and his ceiling is arguably the lowest on this entire roster. We need another WR who can physically win outside on a level that's at least on par with the 30+ year old Bowe. There is plenty of team speed for Reid to scheme with between Jenkins, DAT, Charles, Avery, Wilson, and Hammond. This team has too many gadget players as it is, IMO, and needs another consistent WR so teams can't just key in on Bowe.

I like Dorsett, he's a true speed guy with really good ball skills, but I'm not too big of a Diggs fan.