ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Spoiler Free Star Wars Trilogy Mega Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284500)

Ragged Robin 06-22-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10707889)
I know. You just hear stories about how awesome guys like Yoda, Windu, etc. are in the extended universe but Obi-Wan's out here dropping mother****ers like flies. He took out Maul, Grievous, Anakin. What the **** has Yoda ever done on-screen?

That's why I don't really like any of the extended universe stuff. IMO doesn't quite "fit" right in the canon universe, they feel like elseworlds or something to me.

Silock 06-22-2014 01:58 PM

All of that stuff was in the movies.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2014 02:01 PM

Fanboy squee.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TLyNMSkTiGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 06-22-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10707960)
That's why I don't really like any of the extended universe stuff. IMO doesn't quite "fit" right in the canon universe, they feel like elseworlds or something to me.

I'm actually fascinated by all the extended universe stuff although I've never actually read any of the books or comics or anything. I've spent some time on Wikipedia reading about it.

I just like to go by what I see. It's obvious Yoda is a beast. He went toe to toe with Palpatine, who is supposedly the most powerful being in the galaxy. Windu killed Jango Fett so quickly it was incredible and he also fought Palpatine for a bit.. But they play Obi-Wan like he's a lackey when he's the one putting in all the real work.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2014 02:38 PM

That's because Obi-Wan is supposed to be the everyman of the prequels.

He's the foil to Anakin's all consuming power and arrogance.

Rausch 06-23-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10707181)
I'm on Season 4 of the Clone Wars and it's getting pretty good.

Spoiler!

People sleep on him but he's probably the best Jedi out there.

I'm not sure what season I'm in but I just finished the 3 episodes with the Father, son, and daughter.

I'm not sure what that $3it was. It felt more like some D&D or WOW type of show. And as far as stupid explanations for things I'd have to put this even below the retcon-clorians bull$#it.

Until then I'd put all the Clone Wars eps above any prequel material...

unlurking 06-23-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10709598)
I'm not sure what season I'm in but I just finished the 3 episodes with the Father, son, and daughter.

I'm not sure what that $3it was. It felt more like some D&D or WOW type of show. And as far as stupid explanations for things I'd have to put this even below the retcon-clorians bull$#it.

Until then I'd put all the Clone Wars eps above any prequel material...

I wasn't a fan of those episodes either. Felt like filler. Either way, you still have the best episodes yet to come. The Mortis story was the low point of the series for me. You've got about a dozen more episodes before the series really spikes upwards with the General Krell story line. Rest easy though, nothing else in the series is as bad as Mortis.

Hammock Parties 06-23-2014 10:27 AM

Mortis is good if you're high.

Also, Liam Neeson.

Hammock Parties 06-23-2014 04:43 PM

EXCLUSIVE SPOILER FOOTAGE

Hammock Parties 06-23-2014 10:06 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...54208987_o.jpg

007 06-24-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10710753)
EXCLUSIVE SPOILER FOOTAGE

I'll give you a pass since you put it in a spoiler. Thats what the other thread is for. ;)

Fire Me Boy! 06-24-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10711840)
I'll give you a pass since you put it in a spoiler. Thats what the other thread is for. ;)

Just look at it.

Hammock Parties 06-24-2014 11:00 AM

indeed

i would never intentionally spoil a fellow star wars fan

who do you think you're dealing with

Rausch 06-24-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10709745)
I wasn't a fan of those episodes either. Felt like filler. Either way, you still have the best episodes yet to come. The Mortis story was the low point of the series for me. You've got about a dozen more episodes before the series really spikes upwards with the General Krell story line. Rest easy though, nothing else in the series is as bad as Mortis.

Also not a fan of 3PO/R2D2 centric filler episodes. Not happy they put two back to back...

ThaVirus 06-24-2014 03:40 PM

The show does have some seriously annoying filler episodes. I just ran through 3 or 4 of them yesterday. I literally couldn't even watch; just had the TV on while I did other shit.

When they hit a good storyline it gets pretty interesting though. So far I tend to like the Maul/Savage, Asajj Ventress, and General Krell story lines. I also usually like episodes that feature Obi-Wan.