ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life NJ threatening to take boy from parents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284314)

BucEyedPea 06-12-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10687029)
I'm not sure how many parents, regardless of politics, would go for having their child taken from them over such a trivial incident.

I would hope so petegz. I am just pointing out how using govt to mandate mental health evals over anything remotely gun related, could get out of hand and this is a sign of that.

Look at what the state of Massholes has been doing in the Justina Pelletier case by a mental health worker. And that hand nothing to do with guns even.

Amnorix 06-12-2014 03:05 PM

Insane if true.

philfree 06-12-2014 03:06 PM

If you have noticed there's a big bunch of people out there that think our kids really aren't ours.

Marcellus 06-12-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10687050)
Insane if true.

It doesn't sound to me like there was ever any real danger of the kid being taken from his parents at this point. I would like to see what other demands they have learned of.

Amnorix 06-12-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10687039)
I would hope so petegz. I am just pointing out how using govt to mandate mental health evals over anything remotely gun related, could get out of hand and this is a sign of that.

Look at what the state of Massholes has been doing in the Justina Pelletier case by a mental health worker. And that hand nothing to do with guns even.

That situation was somewhat difficult because Children's Hospital, which happens to be one of the best in the world, was telling state officials that they believed that the daughter was misdiagnosed and the parents were causing the misdiagnosis.

Recently, the state decided to exit the situation after it became clear I guess that doctors at different hospitals have different opinions about the situation and it's not really clear what's right. But still, a very unfortunate situation overall.

Unfortunately, there are crazy parents out there who misuse their children to get "attention", and the concern was that these parents were doing just that, to the serious detriment of their daughter.

Amnorix 06-12-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10687055)
If you have noticed there's a big bunch of people out there that think our kids really aren't ours.

Balancing parental rights with the fact that there are parents out there who seriously, seriously deserve to have their children taken from them makes for difficult balancing acts at times.

Not that the OP is one of them of course.

Chief Roundup 06-12-2014 03:15 PM

Double edge here. ****ing people and state need to stay out of everyone's business.

If they didn't investigate this boy and his family and then something happened people would be pissed over it and blaming the system.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

petegz28 06-12-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10687073)
Double edge here. ****ing people and state need to stay out of everyone's business.

If they didn't investigate this boy and his family and then something happened people would be pissed over it and blaming the system.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Assuming the story on it's face is true, let's examine this..

1. Classmate "claims" Kid somehow twirls a pencil like a gun
2. Principal determines, no harm-no foul
(This should be the end of it)
3. State has boy urine and blood tested
4. State wants boy to visit shrink
5. State threatens Dad to take kid away

all over what? I don't disagree with you but common sense must prevail at some point.

stonedstooge 06-12-2014 03:23 PM

I just bought my 2 year old grandson a pellet rifle for when he gets older. So do I go to jail now or does he go to jail?

ToxSocks 06-12-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10687056)
It doesn't sound to me like there was ever any real danger of the kid being taken from his parents at this point. I would like to see what other demands they have learned of.

I'd be more concerned with why they're requesting what they're requesting. To be fair, this is a one sided article.

This article wants me to believe that the parent is being investigated based soley on this pencil incident. If true, that's ridiculous.

But as parents, how often have you been investigated based of something as silly as this?

Im learning that if it sounds really sensationalist, then it probably is.

ToxSocks 06-12-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10687089)
I just bought my 2 year old grandson a pellet rifle for when he gets older. So do I go to jail now or does he go to jail?

My business partner as gotten into the business of making gun parts. He built an AR15 out of all aluminum. It's so light it feels like a toy.

He takes his kids out to shoot them. His 5 year old daughter can shoot an AR15 and hit a target from 50 yards out. It's damn impressive.

Chief Roundup 06-12-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10687081)
Assuming the story on it's face is true, let's examine this..

1. Classmate "claims" Kid somehow twirls a pencil like a gun
2. Principal determines, no harm-no foul
(This should be the end of it)
3. State has boy urine and blood tested
4. State wants boy to visit shrink
5. State threatens Dad to take kid away

all over what? I don't disagree with you but common sense must prevail at some point.

Common sense will never prevail over the legality of it all. We live in an extremely litigious society. These people government and all have to not only protect their jobs but they have to protect their places of business from lawsuits.
Not saying this is the way things should be, but it is the way things are nowadays.

notorious 06-12-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

I got my 6 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old boy a couple of MP 15-22's for when they get older.

They might give me the chair.

TLO 06-12-2014 03:47 PM

Let's not draw any conclusions.

Contrarian 06-12-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Did you think that they weren't going to have pellet guns when he reaches the age to use one?