ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign CB justin rodgers and WR deon anthony (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284154)

BlackHelicopters 06-06-2014 06:15 AM

Who?

2bikemike 06-06-2014 07:08 AM

Print em!

TEX 06-06-2014 07:14 AM

Two more for team JAG...Awesome off season!!!

TEX 06-06-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10673410)
In related logic, someone wins the lottery once, so keep playing the lottery as a primary source of income.

:LOL: Rep!

Dayze 06-06-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10673211)
What color are they on the PFF chart?

Black

HIiiiyooooooooooo!

patteeu 06-06-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10673410)
In related logic, someone wins the lottery once, so keep playing the lottery as a primary source of income.

The Chiefs used their full complement of draft picks so UDFAs aren't really their only source of income. This is more like spending a little pocket change on a lottery ticket.

FloridaMan88 06-06-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10674391)
The Chiefs used their full complement of draft picks so UDFAs aren't really their only source of income. This is more like spending a little pocket change on a lottery ticket.

The Chiefs were inactive in free agency and did not significantly address their most glaring need (WR) in the draft.

Dorsey is following the Fat Scott strategy... rely on the cheapest possible option... UDFA's, journeymen veterans, CFL projects, etc. to fill significant voids on the roster.

BigMeatballDave 06-06-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10674219)
Only on Cp would people bitch about meaningless camp signings.

This place is loaded with Armchair GMs who think they can do a better job.

Chief Roundup 06-06-2014 09:17 AM

Man the bleeding vags are out today.
But, but, but I didn't get what I think they needed damn them for not getting what or who I think they should have.... :crybaby:

TEX 06-06-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10674464)
This place is loaded with Armchair GMs who think they can do a better job.

LMAO I bet you said the same thing about Fat Scott!

TEX 06-06-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10674219)
Only on Cp would people bitch about meaningless camp signings.

You just don' t get it....Its NOT about these two chumps. Its about the whole off season "plan." You like JAGS, especially on the OL. Just wait how that one plays out. Then maybe you'll understand. Deal is you're too stubborn to admit when you're wrong.

patteeu 06-06-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10674446)
The Chiefs were inactive in free agency and did not significantly address their most glaring need (WR) in the draft.

Dorsey is following the Fat Scott strategy... rely on the cheapest possible option... UDFA's, journeymen veterans, CFL projects, etc. to fill significant voids on the roster.

The Chiefs are relatively high wrt the cap and some in-house players they want to lock up. Going back to your analogy, high-priced free agency can't be a primary source of income either. At best, it's the moonlighting you do on the weekend.

I know you won't believe me, but money actually is an object. I'd rather see the Chiefs manage the cap for the long term than blow it out for a 2 year window.

Mr. Laz 06-06-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10674513)
The Chiefs are relatively high wrt the cap and some in-house players they want to lock up. Going back to your analogy, high-priced free agency can't be a primary source of income either. At best, it's the moonlighting you do on the weekend.

I know you won't believe me, but money actually is an object. I'd rather see the Chiefs manage the cap for the long term than blow it out for a 2 year window.

It's been 20 years since we won a playoff game.

Just how 'long term' are you talking about?

We made the playoffs and should have won our 1st playoff game in forever. We should have be going ballz out in EVERY facet of the offseason this year.

All out in free agency
All out in Draft for players that can win now
All out in signing scrubs off the street

WIN NOW while our best players are still ready(Charles,DJ,Hali etc)

Another 5 year plan in the works :banghead:

patteeu 06-06-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10674739)

Just how 'long term' are you talking about?

We made the playoffs and should have won our 1st playoff game in forever. We should have be going ballz out in EVERY facet of the offseason this year.

All out in free agency
All out in Draft for players that can win now
All out in signing scrubs off the street

WIN NOW while our best players are still ready(Charles,DJ,Hali etc)

Another 5 year plan in the works :banghead:

I'm not interested in that kind of plan, sorry. I'm interested in building a solid foundation for a multi-year run of contention, not going all out so we can quickly revisit the post-Vermeil rebuild years.

The Chiefs aren't the Royals. They don't have to sell out for a couple of long-shot years at making something happen.

They also aren't the Broncos. They don't have to make hay during the remaining window of a superstar QB.

I love Charles, Hali, and DJ, but they're not the kinds of players that you sell out your future to take advantage of.

Besides, this "20 years" you seem so concerned about only include a little over 1 year with the current administration. The change that was made to hopefully end that 20 year run of poor results has already been made. Now it's time to let the new guys build something new.

BigMeatballDave 06-06-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10674739)

Holy shit! Has it been that long?

I'm glad you posted this. Continue to post it because no one ever does, and I'd never get tired of reading it...