ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283127)

BigCatDaddy 04-20-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10575402)
we are in win now mode. I want immediate impact. I voted no

We seemed to be in win now mode last year. I'm not so sure that's the case now, but I guess some things could change. Some things better change.

O.city 04-20-2014 10:00 PM

If he lasts that long, the chiefs could really make some headway in a trade down.

Say Houston would be willing to give up their 2nd, 3rd and another pick, I'd think about it

KCBOSS1 04-20-2014 10:04 PM

No

Rain Man 04-20-2014 10:04 PM

I don't think we're in win now mode. You can't beat Manning in the modern NFL, even if he's got 52 dregs on the team with him. We saw that last year.

BossChief 04-20-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10575421)
If he lasts that long, the chiefs could really make some headway in a trade down.

Say Houston would be willing to give up their 2nd, 3rd and another pick, I'd think about it

I'd take that deal, but I'd try to squeeze a 4th or 5th more, too.

keg in kc 04-20-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575407)
It sure doesn't

It looks like we did a quick band-aid last year and are now on to the rebuild.

Or Dorsey and Reid really think we were robbed last year and are ready to win with existing talent.

I think it's a combination of last year being every bit as much rebuild as this year and them believing more in incumbent talent on the roster than the rest of us.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10575399)
Why do you hate Bridgewater so much Sac? You've hated him since last years game vs Florida.

He's a guy you are going to have to groom.

He's going to have to fill in his frame.

He's going to have to work on his feet.

He's going to have to correct his throwing motion.

He's going to have to work on his progressions.

You never really know about a guy until he gets the chance, but I don't see the foundation to really build a high level starter from with Bridgewater.

And furthermore, is this the guy you want to groom versus Bray?

Because that's the real question. Bray or Bridgewater. Both are projects that are going to require another couple of years before they are truly ready.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10575421)

This would be the ideal solution.

That extra high third could go a long way in netting a very good player at a position of need. And we'd likely get the same guy with the #33 pick that we will with the #23 pick.

O.city 04-20-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10575434)
I'd take that deal, but I'd try to squeeze a 4th or 5th more, too.

Yeah for sure

kcxiv 04-20-2014 10:17 PM

If you draft him, let him sit for a year, Let Alex walk and dont pay him a big contract, then you can sign some playmakers.

As shitty as this franchise has been, i say you just draft him, if he's the number 1 guy. I do want to win now, but if this gives us a chance at a real QBOTF, then you always always take that chance.

With that being said. We are the ****ing Chiefs, we arent drafting a stinking qb.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10575444)
I think it's a combination of last year being every bit as much rebuild as this year and them believing more in incumbent talent on the roster than the rest of us.

You really start rebuilding a team by trading the 1st pick of the 2nd round and next year's 2nd rounder for a QB?

BigCatDaddy 04-20-2014 10:23 PM

I heard them talking on the radio the other day. In a poll like 55% of Chief fans said they would pass on Manziel if he were there and Bridgewater if he were there in the 1st round. I think the phrase they used was Chiefs fans don't want to "dare to be great" at the QB spot.

CoMoChief 04-20-2014 10:30 PM

Unless its Johnny ****ing Manziel, this team isn't drafting a 1st rd QB AND re-signing Alex Smith. It's simply not going to happen. And even Manziel did fall to KC, I still highly doubt Reid/Dorsey would pull the trigger on that.

Rain Man 04-20-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575469)
You really start rebuilding a team by trading the 1st pick of the 2nd round and next year's 2nd rounder for a QB?

Honestly, you have to have a quarterback in this league to compete at all. Alex Smith helps the Chiefs compete, which is the first step toward turning the ship around. You simply can't go into the 2013 season with Matt Cassel as your quarterback, and the NFL isn't a Madden game where you can tank a year by starting former secretary of state Madeleine O'Connell for a year.*

*Yeah, I know about Curtis Painter. I can't explain Curtis Painter.

Shaid 04-20-2014 10:49 PM

While I understand people not wanting to draft him, I wouldn't give a shit if we drafting a QB with every single pick we had for the next 3 years if the end result was we picked up a franchise QB. Having a franchise QB locking down that spot for the next 15 years makes it all worth while. That being said, nothing is a guarantee. Go BPA for the most part but if you do reach, a QB isn't a bad position to reach on.