ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft Thoughts from my armchair (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282686)

CallMeSquidwad 04-02-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10533867)
I'm going to be frankly honest, for the way Eric Berry is used he's vastly overpaid.

........wow.......:hmmm:........have you seen where this league is going? Sorry he doesn't get the picks Earl Thomas does, but he is the most dynamic NFL safety since Sean Taylor, he plays in the box 1st and 2nd down, and plays every which place on 3rd down....Are you taking medication? I just wonder how someone could be so blind and ignorant, does Poe not get enough stats for ya either? :$2500:

Dave Lane 04-02-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 10533825)
Which is exactly what people thought about our o line last year, a rookie, Hudson's injuries, and no depth.....none of those concerns were validated, and by seasons end we had one of the very best lines in the league...Our o line has more talent starting this season than it did starting last season, it is young and talented only lacking in-game experience....We will be just fine.

Good enough to even pass a OG and not collapse.

Dave Lane 04-02-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 10533881)
........wow.......:hmmm:........have you seen where this league is going? Sorry he doesn't get the picks Earl Thomas does, but he is the most dynamic NFL safety since Sean Taylor, he plays in the box 1st and 2nd down, and plays every which place on 3rd down....Are you taking medication? I just wonder how someone could be so blind and ignorant, does Poe not get enough stats for ya either? :$2500:

I see how you got all that pretty red chiefs rep

Mecca 04-02-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 10533881)

Yea cover safeties who make big plays are worth money. If you want to use a guy in the box all the ****ing time you can get a good one for a quarter of what Berry makes.

Sorry, like the guy. Liked him in college when he made big plays. Don't like his senior year or his NFL career as basically a hybrid LB that gets 2 picks a year. We all wanted him to be Ed Reed...he's not and he shouldn't be paid like it.

CallMeSquidwad 04-02-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10533889)
Yea cover safeties who make big plays are worth money. If you want to use a guy in the box all the ****ing time you can get a good one for a quarter of what Berry makes.

Sorry, like the guy. Liked him in college when he made big plays. Don't like his senior year or his NFL career as basically a hybrid LB that gets 2 picks a year. We all wanted him to be Ed Reed...he's not and he shouldn't be paid like it.

You are literally UNBELIEVABLY ****ing stupid. Who all wanted him to be Ed Reed? HE PLAYS SS! If we wanted Ed Reed we would have drafted Earl, people with brains knew from day one we were getting Polamalu, not Ed Reed. I cannot wait to hear you eat those words, go watch some tape you ****ing tool.

Mecca 04-02-2014 09:18 AM

He's not Polamalu either.

Eric Berry is a hybrid LB who has the biggest contract in the league at his position. Can anyone with a straight face tell me he really deserves to be the highest paid safety?

milkman 04-02-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 10533892)
You are literally UNBELIEVABLY ****ing stupid. Who all wanted him to be Ed Reed? HE PLAYS SS! If we wanted Ed Reed we would have drafted Earl, people with brains knew from day one we were getting Polamalu, not Ed Reed. I cannot wait to hear you eat those words, go watch some tape you ****ing tool.

If YOU watched some tape, you ****ing idiot, you'd know that Eric Berry was a playmaker in the Ed Reed mode, and easily the best FS in the NCAA, before Monty Kiffen came along and shifted him to the SS position.

Mecca 04-02-2014 09:23 AM

Yea and for some reason I guess sitting him at hybrid LB is more appealing than having him make big plays. The logic of these coaches is tarded.

If they're never going to use him at FS and he's always going to be a box safety they should just move on. He's paid way to much to be a box safety.

CallMeSquidwad 04-02-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10533908)
If YOU watched some tape, you ****ing idiot, you'd know that Eric Berry was a playmaker in the Ed Reed mode, and easily the best FS in the NCAA, before Monty Kiffen came along and shifted him to the SS position.

Did anyone dispute that?.....? How can you ****ing morons think he is of better use just sitting back 20 yards instead of directly guarding a TE? He is one of our best players in coverage, one of our best tacklers, and our 2nd most instinctive player.....you think that skill set is best suited in centerfield? ROFL JFC you people need to get a grip, I would be more quick to blame our laughing stock FS, or rookie FA corner before I would blame our 1ST TEAM ALL-PRO SS...

CallMeSquidwad 04-02-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10533914)
Yea and for some reason I guess sitting him at hybrid LB is more appealing than having him make big plays. The logic of these coaches is tarded.

If they're never going to use him at FS and he's always going to be a box safety they should just move on. He's paid way to much to be a box safety.

ROFL I cannot believe the idiocy... How many Super Bowls did the Ravens win in Ed Reed's prime? LOL ironically enough they actually won when he wasn't used as much in the deep middle. Yet Troy P has directly led that team to 2 SB's and largely contributed in that first SB....So you would take Ed Reed's career over Troy P's?...Facts are hard to dispute ay?

milkman 04-02-2014 09:56 AM

First, dumbass, Polumalu isn't an in the box safety.

Steelers play a cover 2 shell.

Second, it's a team game, and the Steelers have consistely been a better, more rounded team.

Both those guys are HOF players, but in today's NFL, in this defense with a single high safety, that safety is critical to this defense.