ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Wolfenstein: The New Order out May 23, Doom 4 beta access (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281578)

Bowser 05-26-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10651019)
Any thoughts on it?

Pretty addictive. Blew through the first disc in about four hours. Looked up and it was 3:30 in the morning. Haven't pulled one of those in a while, lol. The controls are uber easy and the game play is pretty slick. And either this game is pretty tough or my gaming skills have eroded away to n00bian levels. Likely the latter. Pretty bloody game. Lots of shooting, stabbing, and gutting going on. Lots o' dead Nazis everywhere you look.

Didn't read any of the backstory or anything, but I did wonder how the Nazi war machine was chugging on as strong as it was, especially considering how the last game ended. Probably going to go hit it again here in a bit.

I'm not completely sure it's worth a 60 dollar purchase just yet for the casual gamer. I'm a fan of the Wolfenstein series, so I didn't mind. I enjoy it so far, but I'll keep up with the updates.

Bowser 05-26-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10651033)
Man, German's have to thinking "It's been 70 years now! When will we stop being the go to bad guy that everyone loves to kill!!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5sp3dIyNA2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swanman 05-27-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10651339)
Pretty addictive. Blew through the first disc in about four hours. Looked up and it was 3:30 in the morning. Haven't pulled one of those in a while, lol. The controls are uber easy and the game play is pretty slick. And either this game is pretty tough or my gaming skills have eroded away to n00bian levels. Likely the latter. Pretty bloody game. Lots of shooting, stabbing, and gutting going on. Lots o' dead Nazis everywhere you look.

Didn't read any of the backstory or anything, but I did wonder how the Nazi war machine was chugging on as strong as it was, especially considering how the last game ended. Probably going to go hit it again here in a bit.

I'm not completely sure it's worth a 60 dollar purchase just yet for the casual gamer. I'm a fan of the Wolfenstein series, so I didn't mind. I enjoy it so far, but I'll keep up with the updates.

I think it's pretty fun and finally a new game I could get for the PS4. I am on normal difficulty and have had some trouble with a couple parts so far. I am 4-6 hours in. The game probably has the longest intro stage before the beginning credits that I have experienced. Hell, that opening play sequence is longer than MGS Zeroes.

Bowser 05-27-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10652860)
I think it's pretty fun and finally a new game I could get for the PS4. I am on normal difficulty and have had some trouble with a couple parts so far. I am 4-6 hours in. The game probably has the longest intro stage before the beginning credits that I have experienced. Hell, that opening play sequence is longer than MGS Zeroes.

Yeah, no shit. You make it through that sequence, then credits. I laughed.

It's a fun game. I'm probably three quarters done with it. The action never stops, and I found myself glued to playing it. I'm on normal as well, and it's a test. I might go back and play it on easy once I've completed it to try and find all the hidden objects and such.

All in all, I'd recommend it, especially if you're a FPS fan.

Hammock Parties 05-27-2014 07:51 PM

It's too bad this wasn't an RPG. I mean I know that would be a huge departure, but some open world gaming in a Nazi controlled alternate future would be badass.

Fish 05-27-2014 07:53 PM

44GB installer? Holy shit!

No wonder the intro is so long..

keg in kc 05-27-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10651339)
Pretty addictive. Blew through the first disc in about four hours. Looked up and it was 3:30 in the morning.

I call that "any day of the week that ends in a 'y'".

kcxiv 05-27-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10651033)
Man, German's have to thinking "It's been 70 years now! When will we stop being the go to bad guy that everyone loves to kill!!"

When some eastern world gaming company makes a kill the americans game. Its gonna happen, but i dont know when. lol

KcMizzou 05-27-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10654348)
It's too bad this wasn't an RPG. I mean I know that would be a huge departure, but some open world gaming in a Nazi controlled alternate future would be badass.

Hell yeah.

Hammock Parties 05-27-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10654735)
When some eastern world gaming company makes a kill the americans game. Its gonna happen, but i dont know when. lol

I'd play the shit out of that. ROFL

Bowser 05-27-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10654735)

Hate to spoiler this, but in this game, the Nazis are the alpha and the omega. The done went and beat the **** out of erryone.

Hammock Parties 05-27-2014 09:29 PM

Real talk. How was the part of the game on
Spoiler!

Bowser 05-27-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10654883)
Real talk. How was the part of the game on
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 05-27-2014 10:24 PM

I wonder if the game will be moddable. Could be fertile platform for mods.

bowener 05-31-2014 10:03 PM

So this game is ****ing frustrating at times. The audio mix is awful. I cannot hear anything that the NPCs are saying. There is no way to adjust the audio so that you can hear voices over sound effects. I have subs on but that is often white on white. They also just toss bad guys at you that cannot be killed in conventional ways without giving you a tip or hint. Maybe it is because I am playing on death incarnate (4 out of 5 difficulty) or something.