ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Any CP guitar players use Line 6? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281253)

Lzen 02-06-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 10415802)
I have played around with the Spider amp a ton at GC, I was looking at getting the Spider IV 30... I really like the thing, like the sounds and it is easy to use. I ended up getting a Beheringer V-Ampire head used for $50... I LOVE the thing! I use it for jamming in the basement when the family is home and also for my direct recording. My son has a Fender Mustang modelling amp that is fun to play around with.

After playing the digital thing for 20+ years I am now going to the tube amp and minimal effects route for my live stuff and I am loving it!

I have a Fender Mustang III 100w combo modeling amp. It kicks!
On a related note, I have on old valvestate Rogue Tuberider 100w half stack for which I need to get a multi-effects pedal. Not sure what's good. Been awhile since I've purchased one.

Lzen 02-06-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 10415845)
You actually got my point!

Pfffftttt! Old people. :rolleyes:

:p

otherstar 02-06-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10417111)
Pfffftttt! Old people. :rolleyes:

:p

:shake:

ROFL

htismaqe 02-06-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 10415845)
You actually got my point!

Actually you omitted the bulk of his post.

The part where he says he's using modeling for PRACTICING IN HIS BASEMENT.

Stop hijacking the thread.

headsnap 02-06-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10417167)
Actually you omitted the bulk of his post.

The part where he says he's using modeling for PRACTICING IN HIS BASEMENT and RECORDING.

Stop hijacking the thread.

fyp... :D

htismaqe 02-06-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 10417730)
fyp... :D

:D

The thing is, we all know that going straight tube and minimal effects is fun. It's especially useful for live gigs, as you mentioned.

I just thought it was pretty clear from the 2nd post on that I wasn't looking for a band rig, I was wanting to fart around in my bedroom practicing scales...

Molitoth 02-06-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10417987)

The thing is, we all know that going straight tube and minimal effects is fun. It's especially useful for live gigs, as you mentioned.

I just thought it was pretty clear from the 2nd post on that I wasn't looking for a band rig, I was wanting to fart around in my bedroom practicing scales...

I think they were mocking me for calling people who only worship vintage tube amps uneducated old farts.

htismaqe 02-07-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10418034)
I think they were mocking me for calling people who only worship vintage tube amps uneducated old farts.

Well, you didn't say anything until after he said "ditch the computers and get a tube amp" without bothering to consider the ask.

otherstar 02-07-2014 11:55 AM

In all fairness, that post was meant to be funny but it got blown out of proportion (as does much on CP...go figure).

Had I added that I think the modeling amps/pedals produced by Line 6 are the only ones worth having...that whole bit of BS would have been avoided. That's on me.

htismaqe 02-07-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 10419099)
In all fairness, that post was meant to be funny but it got blown out of proportion (as does much on CP...go figure).

Had I added that I think the modeling amps/pedals produced by Line 6 are the only ones worth having...that whole bit of BS would have been avoided. That's on me.

It's cool man. Just busting your balls.

It's a CP thing - we have so many purists around here, for everything from beer, to babes, to BBQ.

When you come in a "what modeling amp should i buy" and post "**** modeling amps, get an old tube amp and go minimal" you're fitting right in.