ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI : Chiefs have a problem and his name is Dwayne Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277331)

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2013 07:19 PM

If you were to actually watch Bowe on film you'd realize he's open way more than you think, just like Baldwin was. Just don't have a QB looking to go that way. You know , like 15 yards down field.

vailpass 10-11-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10073985)
with Flowers contract should he be able to consistently lock down good WRs?

with Tyson Jacksons contract should he be able to beat 1 on 1 offensive lineman like a drum?

with Dunta Robinsons contract should he not get beat out by a UDFA rookie?

with Anthony Fasanos contract should he not see the field sometime this decade?

With Eric Fishers contract should he not ****ing block one guy without looking like a dizzy clown when he gets stood up?

My point is there are WAY worse on this team than Bowe not playing like their contract.

You know more than I do about these guys so I'm not qualified to argue...

BigRock 10-11-2013 07:19 PM

The disconnect between what people are saying about Bowe (he's lost a step, he looks like a slow tight end) and what people want to hear about Bowe (Everything's fine, Alex just won't throw him the ball!!!!1!!!111!!) is growing wider by the week.

RealSNR 10-11-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10073982)
All due respect, but Bowe has never reached Fitz level...

I'm not talking about what Fitz did 4-5 years ago. I'm talking about what he does now.

Mojo Jojo 10-11-2013 07:20 PM

Bowe is the highest paid threat in the NFL...hey if it's what it takes to win.

vailpass 10-11-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10073992)
I'm not talking about what Fitz did 4-5 years ago. I'm talking about what he does now.

Fair. And having a qbthat can throw him open benefits a wr immensely...

mcaj22 10-11-2013 07:21 PM

Bowe has a better avg than Larry Fitzgerald and Larry played with a hall of fame QB and Bowe played with some of the shittiest QBs the NFL has ever seen in the last decade.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-11-2013 07:22 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...bowe-vs-titans

Great break down of Bowe.

mattschiefs 10-11-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 10073991)
The disconnect between what people are saying about Bowe (he's lost a step, he looks like a slow tight end) and what people want to hear about Bowe (Everything's fine, Alex just won't throw him the ball!!!!1!!!111!!) is growing wider by the week.

It can't be Bowes fault the only people you can blame is Alex Smith or Fisher No one else can ever be blamed

mcaj22 10-11-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10073989)
You know more than I do about these guys so I'm not qualified to argue...

no I don't. I'm just pointing out you can pick out almost any player on the team and ask if they are worth their contract for what they do or dont do.

A lot around here think Tamba should be cut in the offseason or have his cap reduced up until last weeks game. Everyone thinks hes lost a step, that was the offseason topic here. Is Tamba worth his contract? Many here dont think so. Is the Bowe the same? Maybe, but where else are we going to spend that money? On more offensive lineman that are inconsistent?

vailpass 10-11-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10074006)
no I don't. I'm just pointing out you can pick out almost any player on the team and ask if they are worth their contract for what they do or dont do.

A lot around here think Tamba should be cut in the offseason or have his cap reduced up until last weeks game. Everyone thinks hes lost a step, that was the offseason topic here. Is Tamba worth his contract? Many here dont think so. Is the Bowe the same? Maybe, but where else are we going to spend that money? On more offensive lineman that are inconsistent?

Hear you. A 1 is a 1.

mcaj22 10-11-2013 07:29 PM

i mean the Dolphins just paid Mike Wallace all that money and they are doing the exact same thing with him and their QB and his numbers are just as bad if not worse for being paid that much.

guys like Bowe and Wallace get teams bests CBs, get jammed the most, and they are basically being used to pull the coverage and open things up for others. I don't know why you would complain about that just because the guy wont get 1000 yards cause Matt Cassel or Tyler Thigpen or Damon Huard isnt forcing the ball directly at him in garbage time blowout loses anymore.

RealSNR 10-11-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10073999)

Like it a lot.

See, Mikey? I think if you took off your tinfoil hat and stopped blaming the world's problems on the Illuminati, Obama, and people who like Geno Smith, you'd be a much happier person, and you wouldn't look like such a giant jackass when talking about football.

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 10073991)

tru dat and I am enjoying it. FTR when I was at the NYG Bowe is getting bumped hard at the snap and a safety was always over the top for Bowe. I mean always.

I wouldn't read too much into this article or any criticisms right now. whatever this offense is not doing, it is working to some degree. Bowe is drawing coverages. while at arrowhead, I watched it throughout the NYG game and I'm sure every other team is doin the same to Bowe.

He's bumped, covered, doubled -- all that. his routes are slow and it gives defenses cushion to stay c2 at least on his side of the field. No need to force the ball to him and really, it does open up the other side of the field.

vailpass 10-11-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10074045)
tru dat and I am enjoying it. FTR when I was at the NYG Bowe is getting bumped hard at the snap and a safety was always over the top for Bowe. I mean always.

I wouldn't read too much into this article or any criticisms right now. whatever this offense is not doing, it is working to some degree. Bowe is drawing coverages. while at arrowhead, I watched it throughout the NYG game and I'm sure every other team is doin the same to Bowe.

He's bumped, covered, doubled -- all that. his routes are slow and it gives defenses cushion to stay c2 at least on his side of the field. No need to force the ball to him and really, it does open up the other side of the field.

High paid 1s can come off the bump and run routes. I like Bowe and think he's a 1 but bumps are no excuse...