ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV SyFy 2014: Helix (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274672)

ragedogg69 01-19-2014 05:29 PM

Meh. Nothing I hate more than smart people being stupid. So many cliches. I had high hopes for this.

Easy 6 01-19-2014 05:33 PM

I love it so far, its TV so there are going to be some plot holes to the discerning viewer, but I love this show... still trying to figure out the Army Engineers angle on this, he seems to be playing both camps.

Either way, I love stories that mesh with modern reality like this.

jkw87 01-21-2014 11:38 PM

First scifi show my wife has ever enjoyed...

Easy 6 01-25-2014 01:53 PM

Sooo, no ones watching this I take it? not even the guy who started the thread?

It gets better every week IMO, they keep raising the questions and stakes in every episode.

keg in kc 01-25-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10392752)
Sooo, no ones watching this I take it? not even the guy who started the thread?

Since they put ep 3 on demand the night the first two hours premiered, I haven't had a new episode to watch until today...

I thought the fourth ep was the weakest yet, but I still like it.

Easy 6 01-25-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10392950)
Since they put ep 3 on demand the night the first two hours premiered, I haven't had a new episode to watch until today...

I thought the fourth ep was the weakest yet, but I still like it.

Yeah, last night may not have been the best one, but they did keep things moving...

The japanese administrators head of security is starting to question the boss, that bears watching.

The Army engineer is starting to kill a person an episode.

More and more people are coming down with the virus.

They still have a lot of room for the growth of the story, wild plot twists etc... the best is still ahead IMO, this is good tv.

Bowser 01-25-2014 04:25 PM

Enjoying it quite a bit. Interested to figure out who is behind all of this and what the endgame is.

Bowser 01-25-2014 04:27 PM

I was a bit surprised that they killed off the chunky blonde scientist. She had a good personality and was super smart. Her brains actually got her killed.

And do you get the feeling that the administrator has already been infected with the virus and mastered it (or it him)? The way that vector looked at him and backed down makes you believe that even the infected know he's the Head Cheese in Charge.

MMXcalibur 01-25-2014 05:20 PM

I don't think I've seen any original programming on SyFy that was any good.

Easy 6 01-25-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10393066)
I was a bit surprised that they killed off the chunky blonde scientist. She had a good personality and was super smart. Her brains actually got her killed.

And do you get the feeling that the administrator has already been infected with the virus and mastered it (or it him)? The way that vector looked at him and backed down makes you believe that even the infected know he's the Head Cheese in Charge.

Yeah, I totally forgot to mention that part, the biggest and most puzzling clue in last nights show... then I also just remembered the part about the female scientists having been to the complex before because of her seeing her initials on the wall.

I actually had a bad feeling about the blondes fate as soon as the Army guy started cozying up to her a few shows back.

Damn good show, glad I decided to give it a try.

keg in kc 01-25-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10393066)

They gave that away weeks ago. Remember his freaky eyes?

Bowser 01-26-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10393411)
They gave that away weeks ago. Remember his freaky eyes?

Yep, very true. But the way they're wheeling and dealing with DNA sequencing up there, who knows what that was all about. Riddick's eyes were obviously the first thing I thought of.

listopencil 01-26-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10314443)
Were those the ones with Edward James Olmos in Lorne Greenes old captains role?

If so, i did catch a few of those, not bad at all.

You owe it to yourself to watch the entire four year run.

Easy 6 01-26-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10393996)
You owe it to yourself to watch the entire four year run.

Yeah, I might have to see what seasons are available at the video store or maybe find them online.

listopencil 01-26-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10394004)
Yeah, I might have to see what seasons are available at the video store or maybe find them online.

Do you have NetFlix?