ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

007 09-16-2013 11:42 PM

Set it up for a 7 year run. Too bad Fox will cancel it after one whether it is a hit or not.

For the record, I did enjoy the first ep and will continue watching.

keg in kc 09-16-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9986670)
Oh boy. I just started this and completely forgot it was Orci and Kurtzman

Hoping it's just their name attached to someone else's work, like a lot of bad robot stuff these days.

DaneMcCloud 09-16-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9986695)
Hoping it's just their name attached to someone else's work, like a lot of bad robot stuff these days.

Unfortunately, it's not, although Len Wiseman directed the pilot.

Silock 09-17-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9985870)
Biggest problem is it seems like he's adjusting to the 21st century way too easily. A few wide-eyed looks here and there, but not nearly enough. But I guess they didn't want to make the whole show about that.

No kidding. "Get in the car!" "Okay!" I'd be like "WTF is a CAR?"

007 09-17-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9986729)

When she said that, he had already been in a car. HIs WTF moment probably happened then.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 12:55 AM

Meh.

I'll keep recording it to see where it goes but witches, covens, the Biblical supernatural isn't going to "play" come spring.

The biggest disappointment, IMO, is there was an opportunity to introduce a "National Treasure" type historical vibe but instead, they went with the witch angle.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the limited creativity of the principles.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9986729)

Well, it is short for carriage, which he would have been familiar with in his day.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9986783)
The biggest disappointment, IMO, is there was an opportunity to introduce a "National Treasure" type historical vibe but instead, they went with the witch angle.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the limited creativity of the principles.

So...you're saying you're disappointed with their limited creativity and wish they'd done something more like something that's already been done.

Raiderhater 09-17-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9986783)
Meh.

I'll keep recording it to see where it goes but witches, covens, the Biblical supernatural isn't going to "play" come spring.

This is more or less my take on it. I don't mind the supernatural to an extent, it is after all a ghost story originally, but the apocalyptic avenue is going too far, IMHO. I have grown accustomed to the story being bastardized but, this seems to be straying way the hell out there.

I also agree that a National Treasure type tilt would a have a chance at being more interesting. As it is, it was about as stupid as I feared. Though I'll give it one more shot just because it can be hard to tell from the first show as that is primarily a set up episode. I am not optimistic though.

mr. tegu 09-17-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9986882)
This is more or less my take on it. I don't mind the supernatural to an extent, it is after all a ghost story originally, but the apocalyptic avenue is going too far, IMHO. I have grown accustomed to the story being bastardized but, this seems to be straying way the hell out there.

I also agree that a National Treasure type tilt would a have a chance at being more interesting. As it is, it was about as stupid as I feared. Though I'll give it one more shot just because it can be hard to tell from the first show as that is primarily a set up episode. I am not optimistic though.

I would agree with this. I was under the impression, and the first part suggested it as well, that the show would involve many aspects of history and would take on a more suspense or mystery feel with things such as cover ups, alternate histories, or revelations about the past. These things can still come into play so I hope it doesn't just get too crazy with the paranormal.

Buck 09-17-2013 08:37 AM

I fell asleep about 2/3 into the episode, but I really liked it. Going to keep watching.

Frazod 09-17-2013 08:38 AM

Another problem I have is getting past the police captain being the magazine salesman from Office Space.

Buck 09-17-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9987039)
Another problem I have is getting past the police captain being the magazine salesman from Office Space.

Wait, who? The Mexican chick?

Fish 09-17-2013 09:23 AM

It's Once Upon a Time Redux.

Wasn't impressed.

Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9987067)
Wait, who? The Mexican chick?

I think he's referring to Orlando Jones, who is a very good actor.