ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Andy Fell for Alex (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271872)

ct 04-08-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9568035)
People don't hate Alex Smith. They hate the way the Chiefs go at bringing in other teams cast offs at the most important position in football, when common practice of super bowl winning teams has been to draft and develop their own.

so let's wait and let these guys in the front office draft ONCE before we go there and condemn them for not trying to draft and develop their own.

just a thought...

RNR 04-08-2013 03:07 PM

All joking aside I think Alex Smith will surprise some people. I think he will do well in KC~

crossbow 04-08-2013 03:12 PM

Nothing against Alex personaly but...

Chiefs do the exact same things for 30 years and somehow think this time will be produce different results. It is maddening to watch. When will this team stop waisting everyone's time?

BossChief 04-08-2013 03:26 PM

I bet were the only place that would offer him the starters job for 2013 without competition.

COchief 04-08-2013 05:40 PM

"An eager Smith, who wore a Chiefs arrowhead lapel pin on his suit jacket during his introduction to the Kansas City media, targeted the Chiefs."

Possibly the dumbest tidbit/addition I have ever seen by a writer, seriously what the hell does the "lapel pin" add to the story? Is that some sort of magic sign of undying love and devotion to the franchise?

Thig Lyfe 04-08-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9569366)
"An eager Smith, who wore a Chiefs arrowhead lapel pin on his suit jacket during his introduction to the Kansas City media, targeted the Chiefs."

Possibly the dumbest tidbit/addition I have ever seen by a writer, seriously what the hell does the "lapel pin" add to the story? Is that some sort of magic sign of undying love and devotion to the franchise?

He hasn't forgotten 9/11.

Ace Gunner 04-08-2013 05:48 PM

andy twerkin alex right now

chiefzilla1501 04-08-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9568052)
This, over and over and over.

I just cannot get real fired up over another retread QB. And that's not to say the Chiefs and Alex Smith cannot be sucessful.

But, barring injury & Geno in the 1st rpund, we are in for at least 3 years of Alex Smith and 9 - 7 / 10 - 6 / maybe pull out a 11 - 5 season. This will equal another one and done in the playoffs.

I'll root for them, cheer them on, but until this team get serious in drafting & developing its own starting QB (if not Geno I'd take Bray in the 3rd) I have better things to do with my time and money.

I still believe (maybe I'm way too much of an optimist) that Reid/Dorsey were given a directive to win right away. I still think they want a young QB -- I don't know that that will come in the first round, but I would be shocked if we didn't have a young QB prospect in our arsenal going into next year.

That's not how I wanted this to pan out. But I can understand the trade for Smith to help the team win right away -- he is a good upgrade over Cassel and a guy who can get us to a playoff game, only to lose in the first round. While I'm doing for a true QB, there's another part of me that is just so sick of losing that a season of cheap wins is okay for me.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

he is a good upgrade over Cassel and a guy who can get us to a playoff game
People keep saying this, and there's really no basis for it.

He certainly isn't going to "get us" to a playoff game. The team will do that. Alex Smith can help the team by not ****ing it up. Which is all his role ever was in San Francisco for the most part.

Dave Lane 04-08-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9567827)
So it's not a fresh start, but it is a new opportunity.

HOPE HE'S AS GOOD AT PLAYING FOOTBALL AS HE IS AT PLAYING SEMANTICS.

Its sickening...

EagleRob 04-08-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9568677)
Nothing against Alex personaly but...

Chiefs do the exact same things for 30 years and somehow think this time will be produce different results. It is maddening to watch. When will this team stop waisting everyone's time?

I know this feeling is prevalent here, but give this combo a chance. It's so much better than what you had last year in P****, Romeo, and Cassel its not even worth mentioning (but I did anyway). All I can say is this... Having been through this before with Reid, I'm here to tell you it's going to work so try to give it the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't still be here three months after the signing if I didn't believe in this. Truth is, I've been watching my own team with extra skepticism but what the Chiefs are doing I'm buying.

Imon Yourside 04-08-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9567847)
There is no doubt that the Chiefs got the best of the retread coaches and QB's available this offseason.....

and it definitely requires a golf clap.

TribalElder 04-08-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9568150)
Andy Reid and Alex Smith are both Mormon.

Missouri is the holy land according to Mormon belief you know

BryanBusby 04-08-2013 07:10 PM

Well you see, when a walrus loves a Quarterback with tiny hands.....

cdcox 04-08-2013 08:00 PM

I've figured it out. Reid is 5-1 against Alex Smith. When Reid sees Smith he subconsciously associates him with winning. :facepalm: