ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bills about to sign Kolb (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271604)

ChiefsCountry 03-30-2013 05:28 PM

Bills only have two quarterbacks under contract and one was Sanchez and Barkley's backup at USC. They need bodies regardless. I wouldn't say signing Kolb throws them out of the QB race.

KCDC 03-30-2013 05:28 PM

The Bills needed a safety net. They had no one at QB. They still have to draft a QB because Kolb is not the answer long term. They are in our situation except we gave up two high picks and they got Kolb for free.

I think, regardless of other signings, the Jags, OAK, ARZ, BUF, and NYJ remain interested in Geno. No one other than the Jags can take the risk of sitting pat and not trading with KC to get Geno. So, the question is whether KC is asking a reasonable price for #1 from the other team perspective.

OAK gets Flynn because they know KC will not favor a trade with a division rival and they suspect Geno will be gone at #1 or #2.

Jags offer their #1 and their third rounder. Chiefs will want their second rounder. Jags say "we'll take our chances then."

ARZ claims they want an LT with their first pick but have to be interested in trading for Geno if the price is right. I think they have to give up next year's first rounder to move up, so they are thinking of taking an LT in the first round and Barkley in the second, if he slides.

BUF would probably give up this year's first and maybe next year's; but, KC may be pushing for more (knowing BUF is desperate), so they sign Kolb to a contract they can cut in a year or two, just to give themselves bargaining leverage to tell KC that they will give no more.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-30-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9541941)
So yes?

So yes what? He said it's gonna happen and i said he's gonna be pissed off come April 25. What is so hard about this?

Nightfyre 03-30-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9541933)
We have never at any point in time heard anything about the Raiders even being interested in Geno Smith. At all. They have never shown any interest. Everyone and their sister knows they are taking Floyd and it's been that way for a while. We have only seen pundits mock Geno to them with no real reason other than that they think they need a QB.

Why? McKenzie is ****ing dumb.

???? Where have you been all offseason?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-qb-geno-smith

Just Passin' By 03-30-2013 05:30 PM

When you're looking at this signings, look to see which guys are getting paid the least in year 1 and have a jump into year two, or with low guarantees. Those are the teams you have to look at as still being interesting in taking a QB high in the draft.

My guess is that Buffalo will be one of those teams.

penbrook 03-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9541942)
Bills only have two quarterbacks under contract and one was Sanchez and Barkley's backup at USC. They need bodies regardless. I wouldn't say signing Kolb throws them out of the QB race.

Buffalo now has three qbs under contract.

Tavaris Jackson
Kevin Kolb
Barkleys backup.

B14ckmon 03-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9541942)

It takes them out of the drafting a QB in the first round race. They are taking Nassib or Barkley in the second round. Probably Nassib since Barkley will go earlier.

O.city 03-30-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9541947)
So yes what? He said it's gonna happen and i said he's gonna be pissed off come April 25. What is so hard about this?

I asked if you would be pissed if we actually did draft him. What's so hard about that?

B14ckmon 03-30-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9541951)
???? Where have you been all offseason?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-qb-geno-smith

I have quotes from Jaguars staff...and for the Raiders you have a tweet by Chris Mortensen that isn't even linked to in that article?

ChiefsCountry 03-30-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9541968)
It takes them out of the drafting a QB in the first round race. They are taking Nassib or Barkley in the second round. Probably Nassib since Barkley will go earlier.

You are an idiot troll. I still don't know why the mods haven't banned your worthless ass.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-30-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9541973)
I asked if you would be pissed if we actually did draft him. What's so hard about that?

No but it's not gonna happen. I don't get whats so hard about this no team is paying a 3rd QB 5m a year.

Just Passin' By 03-30-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9541968)

Why would you think Kolb would take anyone out of the QB race, in any round, unless you saw him get a huge money deal with a boatload of guaranteed cash?

B14ckmon 03-30-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9541976)
You are an idiot troll. I still don't know why the mods haven't banned your worthless ass.

If I'm an idiot, why am I always right?

HotCarl 03-30-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9541881)
Another team passing on Geno.

Exactly.

Well, they could still trade up for him and retain Kolb as the veteran backup or initial starter until Eugene Smith is ready, but in all likelihood, this is just what it looks like.

The most QB poor team in the NFL passing on him.

penbrook 03-30-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9541976)

I kinda like Blackmon. He adds entertainment and doesnt make things personal between familys... Dane.