ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFLN Rumor: Albert being shopped (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270773)

Direckshun 03-05-2013 07:10 PM

If we've learned anything about Andy Reid rumors this offseason, it's that there's almost always fire where there's smoke. I'm convinced Reid wants Joeckel.

The good news is, I don't think anybody wants to trade a combination of high picks and have to pay Albert, when you can get a couple of the other LTs without giving up a pick or draft any of the three studs for far, far less.

penbrook 03-05-2013 07:11 PM

Well Dorsey did say in his interview that Yes as we sit here Branden Albert will be the Starting LT heading into the offseason

Easy 6 03-05-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468579)
Well Dorsey did say in his interview that Yes as we sit here Branden Albert will be the Starting LT heading into the offseason

Key words: as we sit here.

Thats a perfectly vague out.

penbrook 03-05-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9468584)
Key words: as we sit here.

Thats a perfectly vague out.

Yes but he said yesterday that he wants Albert to be signed long term by when training camp starts.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 07:16 PM

Countdown to Albert becoming a Raven..............

We'll get the last pick in round 1, and maybe something like an extra third this year and a third next year.

Nightfyre 03-05-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9468573)
Sadly I can see how this makes sense. Princess pretty much stated my thoughts on the matter.

By trading Albert we are basically getting back our pick for Alex Smith and have his replacement selected with the #1 pick. So yes we basically bring in a starting QB for not much in the long run.

So we traded the number one pick plus a second next year for Alex Smith? Brilliant.

Hoover 03-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9468595)

We'll get the last pick in round 1, and maybe something like an extra third this year and a third next year.

could be worse.

Bowser 03-05-2013 07:20 PM

LMAO

Stop it. Just becasue some prognosticator is thinking shit up doesn't mean it will happen.

The only way it DOES make sense is if we get a king's ransom for Albert under the tag rules, and even then it's debateable. Clay put up some great stats on Albert some time back showing his worth in the NFL. We're not going to let him go in favor of some kid coming out of college that hasn't played a down in the league yet.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9468568)
LMAO

in 10 years, people around here are still going to be blaming 'him' for everything bad that happens.

well what does that have to do with today?

Pioli has only been gone a little while.

Call me on it in a year if I'm still saying things like this.

I won't be
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain 03-05-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Cool. Late first we get our secondary help, find defensive line help and a couple of weapons for Alex with our 3 third rounders, and take a future Hall of Famer Fisher with the first overall.

Then in thirteen years we'll all say, we love Fisher! He has provided excellent protection for Alex Smith, Landry Jones, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton and now Colin Kaepernick!

RunKC 03-05-2013 07:26 PM

Great business if you can get a first round pick out it.

A few teams in the 15-32 area will want a LT. If we can get their first round pick in a deep draft that would be great.

KC_Lee 03-05-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9468470)
Daniel Jeremiah on NFL TA just said that there is some "talk out there" they franchised Albert to trade him. May have been speculated on other threads, but this is the first I've heard that its actually being discussed around the league. If Reid likes Joekel as much as some say, is a later first plus enough compensation for an established T with some injury concern? Then maybe QB, CB, etc mid to late? May be total B.S., but interesting...

Translation: OH PLEASE KC!! TRADE ALBERT SO WE DON'T HAVE TO REDO OUR MOCK DRAFTS!!! WE JUST CANNOT FATHOM KC TAKING A QB OR ANY OTHER SKILL PLAYER EVER!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-05-2013 07:27 PM

It's better than losing him for the compensatory pick, but it would still be moronic as ****.

Say we trade Albert and get an equivalent pick back to the one we sent off for Smith.

The teams would net the following:

SF gets: Darrelle Revis, loses Alex Smith
Kansas City gets: Alex Smith, loses Branden Albert
NYJ get: 2nd round pick, loses Darrelle Revis
Arizona: Gets Branden Albert, loses 2nd round pick

We theoretically keep our picks but trade Albert for Smith. Egads.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 07:30 PM

I imagine there is all of 6, maybe 7, people in the entire world that know what the Chiefs really think about Joeckel.

Owner - Clark Hunt(maybe)
GM - John Dorsey
Assist GM – Joel Collier
Head Coach - Andy Reid
Director of Football Admin - Trip MacCracken
Offensive Coordinator - Doug Pederson
Offensive Line - Andy Heck

scouts know their reports but i doubt they are involved much after that

Millions at stake, jobs at stake ... so i doubt Reid goes around telling his barber his opinions

Hootie 03-05-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

you're off your rocker

we aren't getting a 1st, 3rd and 3rd for Albert

we may get a high 2nd...or like two 3rds