ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

teedubya 03-04-2013 11:23 PM

I guess Direkshun has stepped away from the ledge?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9465856)
Barkley threw for Jon Gruden.

On his show? Did that happen already? What were the results?

I *like* Barkley but I wouldn't spend the #1 overall pick on him. Even if he throws well, if he goes in the top 15, it'll be to a desperate team.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465859)
Bullshit. Find us a report of someone credible saying that his stock is falling (or that he's not a first rounder), and the other members of this forum will find to or three saying exactly the opposite. Quit trolling.

**** you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...t-big-board-3/

I'm hard-pressed to remember a more ho-hum group of quarterbacks headed into that draft than this year's (maybe 2000, when Chad Pennington was the only QB taken in the top 64). Smith had a chance to separate himself at the combine and, other than running a 4.59 40, failed to do so.

------------

See that big arrow, Dipshit? Which way is it pointing?

Now, go fist your hamster after you yank him out of your ass, Dumb****.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465854)
You know what I mean. The guy won't be allowed to throw the football until March 27th in front of anyone that matters.

The guy had questionable arm strength before the injury. What makes you think it'll be better now?

Nothing. I also have no reason to believe that it will be worse. Brees had a nasty shoulder injury early in his career and I don't hear anyone whining about his arm strength now. He never had a special arm to begin with, either.

DTLB58 03-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9465828)
im going to make a thread laughing in your face when we dont sign that piece of crap sean smith

If we can coach the guy up, at least he is 6'4" not the midget CB like the 'Honeybadger'
We need CB's with this build. This is only his 5th season, all in Miami. He has time to get better especially in a new system with different coaches.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465850)
Link to me a credible source that says Geno Smith is a first rounder, let alone worthy of #1 overall.

Please.

And furthermore, it's not "shit-slinging" if it's the truth.

Define credible source.

I can name a half dozen off the top of my head. But you'll likely move the goalposts when I do.

So set your goalposts in cement now: what's a credible source, in your eyes.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9465861)
I guess Direkshun has stepped away from the ledge?

I can neither confirm or deny. LMAO

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465865)
**** you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...t-big-board-3/

I'm hard-pressed to remember a more ho-hum group of quarterbacks headed into that draft than this year's (maybe 2000, when Chad Pennington was the only QB taken in the top 64). Smith had a chance to separate himself at the combine and, other than running a 4.59 40, failed to do so.

------------

See that big arrow, Dipshit? Which way is it pointing?

Now, go fist your hamster after you yank him out of your ass, Dumb****.

And yet, the first source you find to support your point STILL has him ranked in the top 32 even BEFORE taking into account the value of his position. Admit it: you are using hyperbole for the sake of agitating other people, and your claims are based on opinions that are hardly unanimous.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465866)
Nothing. I also have no reason to believe that it will be worse. Brees had a nasty shoulder injury early in his career and I don't hear anyone whining about his arm strength now. He never had a special arm to begin with, either.

Uh, what?

L.A. Chieffan 03-04-2013 11:29 PM

we have our franchise quarterback already. kind of a waste at this point.

RunKC 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

I'll make a bet with anyone from the Geno crowd that we don't draft him.

Loser can't post from the end of the draft until the first day of training camp.

Who's down?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465875)
And yet, the first source you find to support your point STILL has him ranked in the top 32 even BEFORE taking into account the value of his position. Admit it: you are using hyperbole for the sake of agitating other people, and your claims are based on opinions that are hardly unanimous.

Bullshit.

Being ranked as the 26th best prospect doesn't mean he'll go to the 26th best team.

It's likely he'll go top 15 because a team that needs a QB will likely talk themselves into taking him.

But let's not pretend he's some kind of consensus first round QB that's worthy of the #1 pick because he's not.

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465850)
Link to me a credible source that says Geno Smith is a first rounder, let alone worthy of #1 overall.

Please.

And furthermore, it's not "shit-slinging" if it's the truth.

:spock:

Pat Kirwan, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah in their recent big boards have Geno Smith in the top 10. Do you think they would call him a first rounder? I mean, they don't go out and SAY he's a first rounder probably because they have him going in the top 10 in their mock drafts and have him ranked in the top 10 players WITHOUT adjusting for positional value.

Do you want more? I haven't looked, but I'll bet Todd McShay will claim he's a definite first round lock as well.

Everybody except for Mel Kiper and Shawn Zobel is a far ****ing cry from "no one"

ChiefsCountry 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465862)
On his show? Did that happen already? What were the results?

I *like* Barkley but I wouldn't spend the #1 overall pick on him. Even if he throws well, if he goes in the top 15, it'll be to a desperate team.

ESPN showed it on SportsCenter. They filmed it but it doesn't air until April.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465875)

Basically, Dane's overplaying his hand.

Shit happens all the time in DC. It's not enough to hold an opinion, one's opinion must be the only credible opinion, opinions that differ even in the slightest are evidence of either malice or reerunation.