ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269363)

Easy 6 01-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9354704)
Never did think he was cheap, just thought he let ***** be cheap. He tried it his Dad's way, of letting his GM do it all and control everything.

I like it that he has decided that method wasn't working and is having the HC report directly to him.

Agree on the banner for he beginning of the season thanking him and welcoming the new staff.

All of this.

I couldnt be more impressed with Clark, he has went ALL IN trying to turn this around, he's done everything we wanted and then some.

Phobia 01-27-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354836)
I've never understood the belief by most that Clark was cheap.

He paid top dollar for the guy that was the most sought after GM candidate in the league when he hired *****.

He then got out of the ay and gave ***** all the power to make every other decision relating tothis team.

***** was the cheap bastard.

Been saying it all along. Clark isn't cheap. If you want to argue that Lamar was cheap, I'll entertain that argument. But Clark has proven otherwise.

milkman 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9355380)
Been saying it all along. Clark isn't cheap. If you want to argue that Lamar was cheap, I'll entertain that argument. But Clark has proven otherwise.

I would never have argued that Lamar was cheap, either.

I would argue that both he and Clark have hired the wrong people, but have never believed either wasn't willing to put the money on the table to support the team.

KC native 01-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9354334)
how big is that soccer league Clark runs? is the MLS he's a part of a bigger money generated than the Chiefs?

no right? Just wondering how Clark pools his money for being involved in multisports and if there is any carry over.

Ill preface saying I dont watch soccer, so hopefully someone can educate me on that part.

Guys/families like him don't pool money.

Clark makes a **** ton of money with his private equity stuff. The Chiefs are a cash machine. MLS is in a separate bucket. That's before we even get to their oil/gas interests.

They keep things in separate buckets for legal and tax reasons. If something goes wrong with one, they don't want the other assets to be able to be touched by that.

Titty Meat 01-28-2013 12:00 AM

Clark shoved it up our ass but this franchise still needs to win a playoff game.

Bob Dole 01-28-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9354758)
Have the specifics of the deal been announced (ie total contract worth). Also, between 35-40, would that make him the highest paid coach?

http://www.therichest.org/sports/hig...d-nfl-coaches/

And just because Bob Dole saw it while researching something else last week, Mack Brown makes $5,266,667/yr coaching at Texas.

Mother****erJones 01-28-2013 05:54 AM

It's not that Clark or Lamar were cheap, it's that because of our ego driven GMs top players didn't want to come here especially later in Carl's tenure

Reerun_KC 01-28-2013 08:14 AM

This coaching staff will be absolutely meaningless if the dont get a Franchise QB...

They trade or aquire some Broke Dick Asshat from another team to ensure KC stays on the True Fan Quest for 7-9, then they are no better than anything else we have trotted through Arrowhead in the last decade...

Get a QB or GET OUT!!!

bowener 01-28-2013 11:30 AM

I'll donate for an opening day banner. However, I do not believe it should carry the "saveourchiefs" moniker. At the very most "SOC" should be used. It just seems odd that it was promised by saveourchiefs that it would disbanded once ***** was fired, yet it may appear on opening day next season. I'd be ok with it being used as a sign off (pun intended).

Something in this form:
Quote:

Thanks Clark, blah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -SOC
And with that, the book on SOC can be closed. From there the creators can evolve it into some other form of team/fan support I suppose. Hell, the Royals arguably need more support than the Chiefs ever did. Of course this is just my (most likely valueless) opinion.

boogblaster 01-28-2013 12:20 PM

yup .....

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9357762)
This coaching staff will be absolutely meaningless if the dont get a Franchise QB...

They trade or aquire some Broke Dick Asshat from another team to ensure KC stays on the True Fan Quest for 7-9, then they are no better than anything else we have trotted through Arrowhead in the last decade...

Get a QB or GET OUT!!!

Absolutely

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9354307)
I can't criticize Clark for being cheap ever again. He's paying Romeo 7 million to sit at home and eat.

Well to be fair Clark is probably making half of that back with the money he will save on catering this year.

Groves 01-28-2013 04:33 PM

We'll show up at games. That's thanks enough.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2013 06:54 PM

Browns officially fire Dick Jauron, believe it or not
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 28, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Dick Jauron AP

This seems like far less than breaking news, but I suppose it is.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Browns “officially” fired defensive coordinator Dick Jauron today.

That’s courteous of them, since they hired Ray Horton as defensive coordinator 10 days ago.

Letting Jauron twist for so long seems odd, but anyone who was interested in hiring him knew he’d be available about a week and a half ago.

This might be the hold up with Brad i cant find anywhere that he got fired yet.

O.city 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

Still furious that we missed out on Ray Horton.