ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Need Help-Wife wants to purhcase a "Rat" Dog (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269340)

Rausch 01-26-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9352666)
Cost for puppy - $1000.00

:spock:

I'm not spending that on any pet.

Hell, I only dropped $4,500 on a car I bought 10 years ago and still drive...

houstonwhodat 01-26-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352688)
:spock:

I'm not spending that on any pet.

Hell, I only dropped $4,500 on a car I bought 10 years ago and still drive...

What wifey wants wifey gets.

bevischief 01-26-2013 12:51 PM

I have yet to pay for a dog. Between Craigslist, family and calling local shelters I have gotten my last 4 dogs.

Ceej 01-26-2013 12:53 PM

A small, toy dog?

Do you plan on grilling the pup during your next BBQ?

saphojunkie 01-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9352627)
my father in law used one for coon hunting. was great in brush piles.
sec

The dachshund (pronounced docks-hoont) is total badass. originally a German hunting dog. Think about it - "hund" is German for dog or hound. This comes from the Old German word word for hunt. (Dachs means badger - so it's a badger hound or badger dog.)

Their short legs keep their exceptional noses close to the ground. It is virtually impossible for them to lose a scent. They also can get into burrows and flush out prey - those ****ers can dig like crazy. Additionally, they are ****ing badass fighters and will take on all manner of adversary, from snakes to raccoons to possums.

Bob Dole 01-26-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9352592)
It just depends on the dog, really. If you get a noisy stupid little dog it'll be irritating. But I had a Jack Russell for 10 years and it wasn't yippie or stupid. It was actually a cool little dog. We had two pit bulls, too, and the Jack Russell would get out and play and run with them.

Small breeds typically get yappy and stupid because of the way the owner treats them when they are pups. Resist the urge to play tug-of-war or roughhouse with them until they are a year old, and they're usually fine.

Bob Dole had a 4.5 pound chihuahua that acted just like Bob Dole's 95 pound rottie used to act.

COchief 01-26-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9352642)
My wife had toy aussie and that was one cool dog. I'm not big on ankle biters, but I warmed up to that one. The thing was very smart, easy to train and ran with my lab and doberman.

<O:p
http://www.breederinfocenter.com/ima...1_094643_1.jpg

Seconding this, I have a mini and they are awesome dogs. Fast as anything and awesome to train.

LoneWolf 01-26-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352603)
I've always been a fan of Yorkshire Terriers.

Yes, they can be energetic pains in the azz but they work great as an early warning system. Their hearing is uncanny...

This. The wife and I have two of them and they are good little dogs. They don't understand that they are small and are very protective of their owners.

31PriestWay 01-26-2013 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 5month old Boston Terrier. Had her for about a month and is a great mix of a play dog/Lap Dog. Very smart dog as well.

chiefzilla1501 01-26-2013 03:35 PM

The plus side is they're easy to take care of. Keep in mind that bigger dogs means longer walks, or else they will drive you absolutely crazy. Lap dogs don't require nearly as much exercise.

I'm stuck on the same situation because. Want a dog, want a bigger dog, but don't have the time to commit to a bigger dog.

demonhero 01-26-2013 03:42 PM

Drug the lap dog until the wife thinks it dead, and then return it to the seller. Get a man's dog some old tires, chains, and a vest.

Hammock Parties 01-26-2013 03:44 PM

Let her have it on the condition that you have zero involvement with it. She cares completely for it.

Stupid worthless dogs.

HemiEd 01-26-2013 03:51 PM

I used to be the same way, German Shepherds or similar, had to be. Then I became comfortable and confident with my masculinity. :D

12 years ago we got a large yorkie, and it became one of the best dogs ever. It doesn't bark in the house.

Now we have two of them, including a small female. She makes my day almost everyday, when I need to smile or laugh, it is easy for her.

Their poop is a lot smaller, and they eat much less as well.

Will they defend us against an intruder? Nope, but plenty of big dogs won't either. Our little one will sure let us know when someone is here though. Their hearts are as big as any dog.

Bottom line, all dogs are awesome, it is just the owners that make some of them hard to be around.

You can't lose, good luck.

Hammock Parties 01-26-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9353105)

Bottom line, all dogs are awesome.

Absolutely not true.

Some of these little dogs are annoying little shits with 0 redeeming qualities.

-King- 01-26-2013 03:59 PM

My cousin has a mini schnauzer. Love that thing. Fun, energetic, rarely ever barks, and just a great dog. He always kills a bird or tries to kill some birds whenever I dog sit him and let him outside.