ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hypothetical: Pioli and Crennel are gone. You get your choice for new Head Coach, and (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267905)

Hammock Parties 12-21-2012 01:56 PM

In the end, it PROBABLY doesn't matter, because I have a gut feeling Clark is going to demand a first round QB be taken.

O.city 12-21-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9230104)
In the end, it PROBABLY doesn't matter, because I have a gut feeling Clark is going to demand a first round QB be taken.

Actually, I'm fairly certain this has already happened and is probably a part of the initial conversation with the prospective GM's or coach.

Bearcat 12-21-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9230060)
I know we all want a 1st round QB but there's going to be a chance, however slight, that the guy we hire is a ****ing genius and will know another way to get a stud QB.

So if the guy trades a 2nd for the next Brett Favre, or signs the next Len Dawson from free agency, or drafts the next Tom Brady in the 6th, or takes the next Drew Brees or Ken Stabler or Joe Montana in the 2nd or 3rd, or the next Unitas or Theismann in the 4th, and so on and so on...be patient.

We're all drunk on the idea of a first round QB, but we have to accept the fact that MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'll get lucky some other way.

Shit happens.

Pretty sure you're not serious, but they've been trying to get lucky for decades. Sure, if Geno Smith scores a 2 on the Wonderlic or starts working out with JaMarcus Russel in the offseason, then come up with another plan. No need to make it complicated though.

Bearcat 12-21-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9230100)
My skin is going to crawl the instant we don't take a QB in the first, too.

But I'm willing to let any GM we hire have enough rope to hang himself.

Sure... it's not like we have any other choice. Just like with a new QB, you have to give him a few years... but, unless there is some other master plan, that would be a terrible start.

KurtCobain 12-21-2012 02:01 PM

as long as we try as hard to get the qb situation fixed as Pete in Seattle has, I'm good.

HemiEd 12-21-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9230086)
Jfc you guys are mult paranoid. You don't have to sign up to read.

Not paranoid at all, just wanted to know. If you are someone else, I don't want to guess so I asked. There is a bunch of them on here and I can't keep track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9230100)
My skin is going to crawl the instant we don't take a QB in the first, too.

But I'm willing to let any GM we hire have enough rope to hang himself.

Clay, some of us were getting frustrated with this by the time they traded for Montana, and he is the guy that made you a Chief's fan, so excuse us if we are getting a little sick of the crap.

I gave Pioli the benefit of the doubt, and we know how that turned out.

O.city 12-21-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9230121)
as long as we try as hard to get the qb situation fixed as Pete in Seattle has, I'm good.

YOu're actually hitting on something pretty good here.

I don't care if/how/when you get one, just show that you realize how important the position is and how imperative it is that you get one.

Hammock Parties 12-21-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9230112)
Pretty sure you're not serious

I am.

If those other NFL teams could find stud QBs outside the first round, it could happen to us.

I mean, shit, Trent Green wasn't a first round pick and he would have won a SB here most likely if we had been decent on defense. He played a perfect playoff game in which two TD passes were dropped, a third was called back due to a BS penalty, and the kicker shanked a gimme. And Priest fumbled. He was good enough to beat Peyton that day.

So, ya know.

RealSNR 12-21-2012 02:44 PM

Flop, I love you, but this is a pretty stupid question.

The answer is no.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9230259)
Flop, I love you, but this is a pretty stupid question.

The answer is no.

No, it wasn't. I knew it would be lopsided, but I didn't expect it to be this lopsided. I think it's actually kind of stupid to say "YOU BETTER FIRE PIOLI! AND ROMEO! AND HIRE A STUD, NEW GM! AND HIRE A YOUNG, HUNGRY, HEAD COACH THAT ALL OF US WANT! OH, AND HE BETTER DRAFT A QB NUMBER 1! AND HE BETTER WIN A SUPER BOWL IN HIS FIRST TWO YEARS! AND IT BETTER BE A DYNASTY! AND HE BETTER NEVER LEAVE US!"

Pioli is gone, RAC is gone, new GM, and a good looking HC, and whatever they decide, I'm good with. Because I'm reasonable.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 02:58 PM

AND HE BETTER SIGN X,Y, AAAAAAND Z FREE AGENTS!

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 02:59 PM

All that said, I still want Chocolate Pain...

RealSNR 12-21-2012 03:01 PM

-Fire Pioli and Crennel

-Draft a QB at #1 overall

It's not ****ing hard.

O.city 12-21-2012 03:03 PM

Here's another question for you guys.

Say we get a 3rd round pick for Carr. Would you turn and flip that and a 5 rounder to the Eagles for Maclin?

the Talking Can 12-21-2012 03:03 PM

drafting a qb is more important than a coach or a gm...

changing everything only to do the exact same stupid shit we've done for decades defies all ****ing logic

i am done with the chiefs if we don't draft a QB