ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Another person linking Polian's to KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267776)

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9219869)
What exactly are the Polians possessing that are being linked to KC?

Bill was a Chiefs scout in the late 70's, worked with Marv, Steadman and Schaaf.

Personally, I think it's bullshit and hope that Clark is more "creative", but who knows.

At least Bill Polian values the QB position.

Mother****erJones 12-18-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9220132)
Polian is just a hyped-up AJ Smith. Bad choice for the Chiefs if true.

Except Polian drafted possibly the greatest QB of all-time. And won a Super Bowl with Colts, got the Panthers close

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9220138)
Except Polian drafted possibly the greatest QB of all-time. And won a Super Bowl with Colts, got the Panthers close

And took the Bills to 3 super bowls

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9220141)
And took the Bills to 3 super bowls

Polian was fired after the 3rd.

He didn't "take" them, Jim Kelly did.

And he was drafted 3 years before Polian arrived.

KCWolfman 12-18-2012 12:38 AM

Weird idea, how about a coach with more control instead of another control hungry GM? It doesn't seem to have worked well with the last two.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9220167)
Weird idea, how about a coach with more control instead of another control hungry GM? It doesn't seem to have worked well with the last two.

Yeah, that makes total sense.

Give the head coach ALL the power and responsibility.

History has proven that always works out well.

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9220162)

He certainly played a huge part in building a team that went to 3 super bowls saying otherwise would be dishonest.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9220179)
He certainly played a huge part in building a team that went to 3 super bowls saying otherwise would be dishonest.

Please explain.

Kelly was drafted in 1983 but didn't report until 1986.

Bruce Smith was chosen in 1985.

Polian's wasn't hired as GM until 1986. His tenure only lasted until 1993 and he left the team in shambles, much like his stint in Carolina and later, Indy.

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9220198)
Please explain.

Kelly was drafted in 1983 but didn't report until 1986.

Bruce Smith was chosen in 1985.

Polian's wasn't hired as GM until 1986. His tenure only lasted until 1993 and he left the team in shambles, much like his stint in Carolina and later, Indy.

I was too young to remember much of his years in Buffalo beside the last few. I know he drafted Thurman Thomas who played a huge part in Buffalos success. Didn't he hire Levy too?

Indy went to shit when his son took over. His drafts were usually pretty solid until about 2006.

He's not a long term answer but in the short term (3-4 years) he's one of the better choices. I just hope that if he does come here the head coach is able to get Chris Polian kicked out of here when Bill's time is over.

cdcox 12-18-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9220207)
I was too young to remember much of his years in Buffalo beside the last few. I know he drafted Thurman Thomas who played a huge part in Buffalos success. Didn't he hire Levy too?

Indy went to shit when his son took over. His drafts were usually pretty solid until about 2006.

He's not a long term answer but in the short term (3-4 years) he's one of the better choices. I just hope that if he does come here the head coach is able to get Chris Polian kicked out of here when Bill's time is over.

Clark wants a long term solution. In light of that, and the bad rep that Chris has, here is how I see it, with odds:

a) Clark sticks to his plan and doesn't hire the Polians because of Chris (50%)
b) Clark likes Chris, hires them, Chris is a disaster like everyone thinks, and 8 years from now everyone is cursing this hire (35%)
c) Clark likes Chris, hires them, Chris turns the corner, and the Chiefs become a dynasty (5%)
c) Clark likes Bill, but is weary of Chris, hires them as a short term fix against his preference, and re-evaluates Chris when Bill is done. (10%)

J Diddy 12-18-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9220162)

Dane. I love you, but that's a bullshit double standard.

Mi_chief_fan 12-18-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9220171)
Yeah, that makes total sense.

Give the head coach ALL the power and responsibility.

History has proven that always works out well.

I may have missed something, but I didn't see where Russ said give "all" power and responsibility, but the opposite sure isn't working in KC.

Quesadilla Joe 12-18-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9219902)
Well hmmm this is making more and more sense. On MNF they said that Tom Moore was wanting to have a comeback at OC.

If Mike McCoy leaves I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Moore replace him. Tom Moore (and Bill Polian actually) both were guests of the Broncos in the game at Carolina. And Tom Moore spent a week at Broncos training camp this year.

Mother****erJones 12-18-2012 06:35 AM

At least Polian has been there done that. Pioli didnt. KC was his first gig and we've seen he's a fraud.

BoneKrusher 12-18-2012 06:48 AM

the way i see it, the Polian's have gotta be an upgrade over the last 4 years.