ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fact that no one has been fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267114)

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9156450)
Yep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156461)
agree with all this

i don't think pioli is going anywhere

Amazing how beaten-down this fanbase is. :(

I was there earlier this season. Every loss has strengthened my heart.

It will all be over soon.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Doesn't matter whether or not they fire anybody now. What's imperative is that they move quickly after the season so they're not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156467)
Pretty sure I'm not.

What does firing anybody right now accomplish, other than making people like you happy?

Do you want to win football games in the long-term or not?

Rasputin 11-27-2012 11:02 AM

I'm not going to panic untill after the season about him getting fired. Make that mother ****er squirm as the season folds. If WE have to suffer then HE has to suffer in watching what HE put together on the field.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156468)

I was there earlier this season. Every loss has strengthened my heart.

It will all be over soon.

i'll have to see it to believe it, especially with the rumors that pioli already has an extension...

i'm happy we're getting the #1 pick, that will force us to take a QB...but I also think Clark doesn't want the inconvenience of a new GM and the total employee turnover it entails...

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156473)
What does firing anybody right now accomplish, other than making people like you happy?

Do you want to win football games in the long-term or not?

That's what I'm addressing in starting this thread.

By not firing anyone, we are clearly saying that we are TRYING to get the first overall pick.

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:04 AM

And I'm fine with getting the first pick. I want it.

I'm just sayin'.

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156468)

I've forgotten how to be a Chiefs fan and for two years I've been a "lose horribly so we can get a QB" fan.

I'm broken.

suds79 11-27-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156346)
Pioli brings in a new coach, buying himself 2 years with a rookie qb and the new staff, and Hunt lets fat Scott ride out the contract extension that he foolishly offered before the season began.

Nope don't buy it. I think Clark knows he will lose too many fans if he brings back Scott.

I think he's just waiting until the season's end to do it.

bevischief 11-27-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9156475)
I'm not going to panic untill after the season about him getting fired. Make that mother ****er squirm as the season folds. If WE have to suffer then HE has to suffer in watching what HE put together on the field.

This.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156478)
That's what I'm addressing in starting this thread.

By not firing anyone, we are clearly saying that we are TRYING to get the first overall pick.

At this point, we'll have the 1st pick regardless.

What do you WANT them to do? What would make you feel better?

If they fire Daboll, or RAC, Pioli brings another lackey in for the rest of the season. What does that accomplish?

If they fire Pioli, do RAC and Daboll get fired too? Who backfills those positions? Losers already on the staff?

Whoever the GM and HC are next year, they are going to want to start FRESH with their OWN program. NOBODY wants to come here to finish out the last 5 games of this shit storm.

There's no reason to fire anybody right now unless Clark's interested in making a token (aka useless) gesture to the fans.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156476)
i'll have to see it to believe it, especially with the rumors that pioli already has an extension...

i'm happy we're getting the #1 pick, that will force us to take a QB...but I also think Clark doesn't want the inconvenience of a new GM and the total employee turnover it entails...

You do realize that the rumors of his extension also included the rumor that his contract was extended to make buying him out EASIER, right?

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156490)
You do realize that the rumors of his extension also included the rumor that his contract was extended to make buying him out EASIER, right?

the second part was pure speculation...the only thing close to a consensus rumor we've heard concerning pioli is that he was extended sometime following the 2010 season...

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156487)
At this point, we'll have the 1st pick regardless.

What do you WANT them to do? What would make you feel better?

If they fire Daboll, or RAC, Pioli brings another lackey in for the rest of the season. What does that accomplish?

If they fire Pioli, do RAC and Daboll get fired too? Who backfills those positions? Losers already on the staff?

Whoever the GM and HC are next year, they are going to want to start FRESH with their OWN program. NOBODY wants to come here to finish out the last 5 games of this shit storm.

There's no reason to fire anybody right now unless Clark's interested in making a token (aka useless) gesture to the fans.

You fire people to make a point that losing in this manner is not acceptable.

And people have interim coaches/Gm's all the time. Even when the back fill sucks.

The purpose is to hit the ground running on being the first team to make hires. This bit us in the ass when we hired Scott so late, and held on to herm through the end of Feb.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156493)
the second part was pure speculation...the only thing close to a consensus rumor we've heard concerning pioli is that he was extended sometime following the 2010 season...

The people that originated the rumor (Petro for one) also originated the rumor that his extension is "termination friendly".

It's ALL rumor.

The fact that you would choose to believe one part and not the other says more about your state of mind than the actual rumors themselves.