ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: The Chiefs Have Hit Rock Bottom (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265846)

Megbert 10-28-2012 10:41 PM

I went to a bar today to watch the game. Usually I'm at home watching ST. Anyway the bar I went to was a 'Chiefs' bar and had quite a few fans there. I think all of them want the Chiefs to still win this season like there's some chance of a turnaround. After Brady's 2nd or third scramble I said something along the lines of "that's our leading rusher'. Guy next to me said "i don't care as long as we win' or some thing along those lines. I think I'll go back on Nov 18th wearing the the blackout arrowhead shirt.

Strongside 10-28-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZORChiefFan (Post 9061089)
I went to a bar today to watch the game. Usually I'm at home watching ST. Anyway the bar I went to was a 'Chiefs' bar and had quite a few fans there. I think all of them want the Chiefs to still win this season like there's some chance of a turnaround. After Brady's 2nd or third scramble I said something along the lines of "that's our leading rusher'. Guy next to me said "i don't care as long as we win' or some thing along those lines. I think I'll go back on Nov 18th wearing the the blackout arrowhead shirt.

Did Scott Pioli show up and give everyone $100 Chiefs gift cards?

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZORChiefFan (Post 9061089)

Wow.

Can't wait.

bowener 10-28-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9060874)
A suggestion for the next banner to fly over Arrowhead... "ELIMINATE BAD FOOTBALL, FIRE PIOLI"

Winner

BigMeatballDave 10-28-2012 10:52 PM

I would have fired Pioli, Crennel, and Daboll after the game.

#1 Bronco's Fan 10-28-2012 10:59 PM

How can you say this is rock bottom when they'll probably lose Thursday?

Saccopoo 10-28-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9060919)
Geno better be worth the pain we're going through this season...

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/wp-con...-thumbs-up.jpg

Geno is the guy.

He's not going to fail. He's got all the tools. This franchise needs Geno.

And he's the best option that we've got. Free agent or draft. And if, for some inexplicable reason, he doesn't work out, you draft another QB. And another. And another. Until someone does. But Geno is the man.

Geno! Geno! Geno!

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 11:40 PM

Rock bottom will be after two straight blow outs on national TV. If, at the very least, Romeo isn't fired after those two games I will be blown away. I am all too familiar with how this organization is run but I would be shocked if at the very least Romeo wasn't fired after the PIT game.

Saccopoo 10-28-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9061062)
Worst Chiefs team I've ever seen given the talent on this roster...

Dude...

You bought into the lies.

This team is devoid of talent.

Pioli's drafts have been total shit.

His best drafted player, in terms of actual, on-the-field production has been a seventh round kicker. His free agent acquisitions have been atrocious. (I do like Hillis, Boss and Winston, but Cassel broke both Boss and Hillis and it's horrible blocking for Cassel. The announcers stated as much quoting Winston about Cassel's huge drop backs.)

Special teams suck other than Brown. Our return game is horrible.

Our featured offensive player is a 5'6", 175 lb. slot guy.

Our best defensive player is (on a team starting six first round draft picks on that side of the ball) Flowers, who is a Herm/Peterson second round pick holdover.

What talent?

Yes, coaching brings talent out and maximizes it, but you watch these guys...it's hard to pick out any standouts right now. Perhaps they've just resigned themselves to their current fate, but I'll give you some examples:

Jared Allen last year with the Vikings.
TJ Ward with the Browns this season.
London Fletcher for his career.

Certain guys will continue to bust ass.

I'm not seeing much of that right now from anyone other than...yeah, it pains me to say it, but Cassel. At least he's trying. But he's got minimal starter talent for this level. Great guy for a backup/#2 QB, and he's trying out there, but he's not a starter in this league.

Hammock Parties 10-28-2012 11:56 PM

It's painfully obvious that the only REAL talent on this team is:

Herm's guys.
Justin Houston.
The OL Pioli brought in.

Everyone else is mediocre at best.

It's a decent roster, somewhere around league average thanks to Herm, but QB and HC issues totally undermine it.

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9061339)
It's painfully obvious that the only REAL talent on this team is:

Herm's guys.
Justin Houston.
The OL Pioli brought in.

Everyone else is mediocre at best.

It's a decent roster, but QB and HC issues totally undermine it.

I add Berry to that. At least a fully good-to-go Berry over "mediocre". Still though, the point is made. The good news is that in this league a great QB cures some of that. A good coach helps as well. If we found both, or at least a QBOTF, I think we start moving up the ranks quicker than a normal bottom 3 team.

Psyko Tek 10-29-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9060874)
A suggestion for the next banner to fly over Arrowhead... "ELIMINATE BAD FOOTBALL, FIRE PIOLI"

I like NUKE THEM FROM SPACE

or FLAMING AIDS TREE

Dave Lane 10-29-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9061013)
That may be the greatest coaching quote I've ever heard.

Coach Spicoli: "I don't know."

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...50-500-253.png

You warned us about Romeo.

the Talking Can 10-29-2012 04:50 AM

CLARK HAD LUNCH WITH A FAN

ALL IS WELL

DeezNutz 10-29-2012 05:24 AM

First rule of sports journalism in KC: Don't ever say it can't get worse.

Mellinger has set himself up to look foolish, and this could come as soon as Thursday.

"Wait, Now This is Rock Bottom"