ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft 2013 First Round Draft Order (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264932)

Steron 10-10-2012 12:14 PM

I have complete confidence that our current group of executives and scouts will.....

......screw up the pick no matter what it is. Imagine the epic meltdown here if they take an OLman with a top 5 pick. It would be almost worth it to me if they did. Just for the pure entertainment factor.

Dave Lane 10-10-2012 12:24 PM

This Tampa Bay game is a must lose!!

KC_Lee 10-10-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8998650)
Yes and I suppose that's the only saving grace about this race for Geno.

We're getting a huge QB upgrade no matter what and that's nice.

Sure most of us would like it to be Geno but Barkley, Wilson, Bray, probably someone else I'm forgetting will be here next year.

Barkley; do we really want another QB from USC named Matt on this team? Also, how many recent USC QBs were any good in the NFL?

Wilson; probably the best QB after Geno Smith

Bray; would need a great (not good) QB coach and HC to help develop him into an accurate NFL QB. Right now he is all arm and low accuracy.

The Franchise 10-10-2012 12:45 PM

I don't think Bray comes out.

RealSNR 10-10-2012 12:47 PM

It's Geno and Barkley and rapefartpoop this year.

And Geno is infinitely better than Barkley.

I was pretty confident last offseason that between Geno, Barkley, and Wilson, this was a pretty nicely talented top end of QBs, with the potential to be far better if Bray or Murray entered early, or if Logan Thomas and someone like Tajh Boyd really showed stupendous ability. None of that has happened.

Oh well. Why the **** should I care about other QBs? We're getting Geno Smith and that's all that matters

Otter 10-10-2012 12:49 PM

If we get Geno I"m going to be thrilled. Black guy with an Italian first name. :D

I'll believe it when I see it.

Mother****erJones 10-10-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8998614)
No put me down as another.

Last thing this team needs is for Brady Quinn to come in and give them a spark.

That will only lose us Geno Smith and increase the chances that Scott Pioli is retained.

Need to lose, lose, lose for the greater good.

Ya we need to lose. I just wana see more crap QB play and great defense so we continue to know were a QB and a competent HC away and GM for that matter

whoman69 10-10-2012 12:53 PM

Great, another suck for whoever season. I don't understand the thinking of watching your favorite team out there and rooting for them to lose. If they end up stinking up the joint and get there, I'll live with it. I would be more pissed off if they trot out Matt Cassel again then if we lose the top pick. You don't root for losses.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-10-2012 12:54 PM

Wilson would be a fine consolation prize.

BlackHelicopters 10-10-2012 12:56 PM

I am worried we could surprise in Tampa. Our defense may rise up again, and we all know Brady Quinn is the answer.

Otter 10-10-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8998751)
Great, another suck for whoever season. I don't understand the thinking of watching your favorite team out there and rooting for them to lose. If they end up stinking up the joint and get there, I'll live with it. I would be more pissed off if they trot out Matt Cassel again then if we lose the top pick. You don't root for losses.

Not getting in this argument again but 8-8 is still a possibility. There IS HOPE!!!

The Bad News Bears strike again and true fans rejoice! Wheeee, maybe next year!!!

Micjones 10-10-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8998650)
Yes and I suppose that's the only saving grace about this race for Geno.

We're getting a huge QB upgrade no matter what and that's nice.

Sure most of us would like it to be Geno but Barkley, Wilson, Bray, probably someone else I'm forgetting will be here next year.

I've said for a while now that I'm no longer concerned about the Chiefs drafting a QB and missing. Just do it. If you miss? You miss. Come back & do it again. a la - SD Chargers (leaf to Rivers).

Leaf to Brees you mean?

Micjones 10-10-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

I never will. I want a Wilson or Barkley or Smith, but I'm not going to actively root for this team to lose.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-10-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone roots for losses. You see the same guys saying "suck for luck" all last year bitching about the games etc... No one wants to see the team lose. But we want to see improvement... and right now, the only way we see improvement is with a QB we can all get behind. Those don't exactly grow on trees. I'm like many fans here.. I am torn. I want to win.. I hate losing... but at the same time... I want change. I don't want to sit at 7-9... 8-8, 9-7 for eternity, which is the path this team is on, currently.

The Franchise 10-10-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8998769)
I never will. I want a Wilson or Barkley or Smith, but I'm not going to actively root for this team to lose.

If they do the same shit in TB that they did against the Ravens......I'll root for them to lose every game for the rest of the season.