ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ted-Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260525)

Sure-Oz 06-30-2012 11:38 PM

Saw Ted earlier. I laughed pretty much the whole time. Plot was predictable in a sense but the laughs and mila kunis made it so worth it.

Recommend, funny stuff

-King- 07-01-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8712178)
On a side note, jesus every female in the area went to see Magic Mike FFS it was like a mini-Twilight premiere.

I've never even heard of that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravedigger 07-01-2012 08:58 PM

Great movie, a good time for pretty much anyone who enjoys Seth McFarlanes humor. Sometimes it tries to be funny and just doesn't hit but overall I really enjoyed the acting, story, and the laughs get going early and they come often.

ChiefsCountry 07-01-2012 09:23 PM

Very funny movie I highly recommend it.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367 07-02-2012 06:57 AM

"Ted" kicked box-office ass this weekend, going well over $50M for the highest R-comedy ever. "Magic Mike" didn't do too bad, either, getting in the $30Ms.

KC_Lee 07-02-2012 08:14 AM

Saw Ted this weekend, funny movie but basically a live action Family Guy.

Deberg_1990 07-02-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8713883)
"Ted" kicked box-office ass this weekend, going well over $50M for the highest R-comedy ever. "Magic Mike" didn't do too bad, either, getting in the $30Ms.

yea, i mentioned that in another earlier. pretty incredible. nobody predicted these flicks as being hits earlier in the season. June had a pretty weak slate of films overall. People were ready for something that peaked their interest.

PunkinDrublic 07-02-2012 11:49 AM

Movie was funny as hell. I don't think it'll ever be possible for Mila Kunis to not be smoking hot. I want to pick out a Russian mail order bride that looks like her.

luv 07-02-2012 12:12 PM

Can't wait to see this! Hoping maybe this weekend sometime.

Deberg_1990 07-02-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8714401)
Can't wait to see this! Hoping maybe this weekend sometime.

heh, im starting to think your secretly a dude Luv? You want to see this but not Magic Mike?

Discuss Thrower 07-02-2012 12:27 PM

Saw it yesterday, and my friend's concern that it'd be a "trailer movie" where all the laughs were revealed already was one I shared as well.

Wrong. It was ****ing hilarious. I'm usually lukewarm on McFarlane's style but he hit the right notes with the movie. Ridiculously awesome cameos, funny pop culture references, and once you suspend the disbelief of a freaking magical talking stuffed animal, the situation became "real".

I guess if I had an issue with the movie is I understand the cameos/pop culture jokes might get lost on people, especially people around my age, and the Boston accent kind of seemed forced at times. Unless you are a real stickler for not paying movie ticket prices, it's worth seeing on the screen but 100% certainly worth a watch when it's out on DVD/online.

luv 07-02-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8714418)
heh, im starting to think your secretly a dude Luv? You want to see this but not Magic Mike?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing Magic Mike. I just don't tend to be one of those that ogles over pretty boys (even though, I wouldn't mind doing more than ogling over Channing Tatum). I just don't like falling into the typical female OMG-I-HAVE-TO-SEE-THOSE-CUTE-ASSES!!!1! That, and most of the friends I have to go out and do things with are guys. My female friends are all married or have kids to worry about.

JD10367 07-02-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8714441)
Saw it yesterday, and my friend's concern that it'd be a "trailer movie" where all the laughs were revealed already was one I shared as well.

Wrong. It was ****ing hilarious. I'm usually lukewarm on McFarlane's style but he hit the right notes with the movie. Ridiculously awesome cameos, funny pop culture references, and once you suspend the disbelief of a freaking magical talking stuffed animal, the situation became "real".

I guess if I had an issue with the movie is I understand the cameos/pop culture jokes might get lost on people, especially people around my age, and the Boston accent kind of seemed forced at times. Unless you are a real stickler for not paying movie ticket prices, it's worth seeing on the screen but 100% certainly worth a watch when it's out on DVD/online.

I'd agree with that. It sounded at times that Wahlberg was severely overemphasizing his accent because he/McFarlane think it's what people expect him/Bostonians to sound like. Even to a Bostonian, that sounded "Cheers"-fake.

BigMeatballDave 07-03-2012 06:12 PM

Watched it today.

Hilarious.

BigMeatballDave 07-03-2012 06:15 PM

Oh, and Mila Kunis is uber-hot.

I'd **** her if she were covered in shit.