ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls MMO Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259190)

ToxSocks 05-04-2012 01:31 PM

I like the idea of stealing DAoC's PvP System. Their PvP system was soooo much fun.

ChiefFripp 05-04-2012 01:33 PM

Hopefully they have more than 5 people doing the character voices.

R.I.P. MCA.

Frazod 05-04-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8594392)
Hopefully they have more than 5 people doing the character voices.

R.I.P. MCA.

Or get people who can at least change up accents, speaking styles, etc. How hard can it be, especially if you're reading prepared material? :shake:

Valiant 05-04-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8591475)
As epic as skyrim was, it was also buggy as hell. They better clean that kind of nonesense up quite a bit if they want to be even remotely successful.

That being said, ****ing giggity giggity, I'm in.

Uhh that is how mmo's are. Buggy as **** when released. The crowd is used to it. They could be 10x buggier then skyrim and it is fine the procedures.

Valiant 05-04-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8593172)
Game Informer info

If they can recreate daoc, then awesome. But they will have to leave it somewhat difficult.

kaplin42 05-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8594428)
Uhh that is how mmo's are. Buggy as **** when released. The crowd is used to it. They could be 10x buggier then skyrim and it is fine the procedures.

Rift was not, in fact buggy as hell. Class balancing issues sure, but not buggy as hell.

TOR on the other hand, OMFG, it's just terrible.

I've been playing MMO's for over 10 years, I know what the genre is like. I also know that a single player game is a lot easier to design than an MMO. And Bethsada can't even put out one of those that is within the accpetable realm of buggyness, I honestly fear their MMO will be nye unplayble due to the bugs.

jspchief 05-04-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8592031)
Oh yay. I get to hear more people harass me about how "X" game is the new WoW Killer.

There will never be a single "wow killer".

WoW will die a death by a thousand cuts, most of them self inflicted.

drunkie 05-04-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8594992)
There will never be a single "wow killer".

WoW will die a death by a thousand cuts, most of them self inflicted.

if wow doesn't kill itself off with the easy mode crap there will be a wow killer. it is code named titan. the company has such a blind following that there next mmo will break records. an for anyone that doesn't know that company is blizzard. titan is there next mmo being worked on

Quesadilla Joe 08-23-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Bethesda confirms business model for upcoming fantasy MMO game; monthly subscription will cost $14.99/€12.99/£8.99.
http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/eld...n-fee-6413369/

jd1020 08-23-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8595066)
if wow doesn't kill itself off with the easy mode crap there will be a wow killer. it is code named titan. the company has such a blind following that there next mmo will break records. an for anyone that doesn't know that company is blizzard. titan is there next mmo being worked on

Every hyped MMO coming out reaches like 1-2M subs and then dies off. I wouldn't be surprised if Titan follows the same fate, especially after seeing the recent offerings from Blizzard. People wont play a game that sucks no matter who puts the stamp on the front. Hell... even Blizzard thought Titan sucked and scrapped it to start over. It must have been pretty ****ing awful for them to do that while releasing D3.

hometeam 08-23-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9908624)
Every hyped MMO coming out reaches like 1-2M subs and then dies off. I wouldn't be surprised if Titan follows the same fate, especially after seeing the recent offerings from Blizzard. People wont play a game that sucks no matter who puts the stamp on the front. Hell... even Blizzard thought Titan sucked and scrapped it to start over. It must have been pretty ****ing awful for them to do that while releasing D3.

Guildwars 2 is still kicking extremely strong, after Chinese launch I expect it to dethrone WoW with concurrent players.

Of course, GW2 has no subscription fee, and MMO developers that are not taking notice of this are doing themselves a disservice.

Pants 08-23-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9908962)
Guildwars 2 is still kicking extremely strong, after Chinese launch I expect it to dethrone WoW with concurrent players.

Of course, GW2 has no subscription fee, and MMO developers that are not taking notice of this are doing themselves a disservice.

I'd rather pay $15/mo for something as amazing as Ahn'Qiraj-age WoW.

Setsuna 08-23-2013 10:01 PM

If anyone is interested in this game, then watch the videos of Shoddy Cast. Those guys are diehard Elder Scrolls fans and exclusively have videos about ESO development and content.

Imon Yourside 08-26-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9908962)

I love the GW2 model but the game kinda blows. Free to play is the wave of the future, I mean Warframe has better graphics/gameplay/reward system and you don't have to spend a dime.

MTG#10 09-07-2013 04:27 PM

Got to play this for a couple hours yesterday for a beta stress test. Still needs some touching up but it was ****ing great. Still don't think Im going to buy it though, I cant get myself to pay $60 for a game then have to pay $15/month just to play the damn thing.