ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Broncos: I don't see it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259165)

CrazyHorse 05-02-2012 06:29 PM

Another notable difference is they lost thier captain on defense. Dawkins retired. He was the spark plug.

Rasputin 05-02-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8589288)
If Manning has lost a part of that quick release, Donks may not win 8

Ya even by chance Peyton fn Manning makes it through the season, parts of his game wont be the same and he will be rusty to start then his age will come around soon enough. I don't expect him to make it through this season but he won't be as effective with them as they are hoping him to be even if he does. jmo.

BDB 05-02-2012 06:31 PM

I love how you spent all that time on a team you "don't see it" on. The funny thing is these type of posts are littered across Charger and Raiders boards as well. KC, OAK, and SD fans really only have a few more months of any hope for the next few years, so I guess its a natural reaction among fans.

Broncos finished 8-8, and won a playoff game, with a pass-less QB last year. They beat the chiefs with 2 completions and 8 attempts for crying out loud. The offensive line is top 5 in the league, period. Yeah they gave up a lot of sacks, but Tebow held the ball waiting for his 1st read to get open most of the time. Also, in the midst of a season changing styles of play from a traditional offense under Orton to a college offense for Tebow, the offensive line handled like pros and they will be better next year. I put thier WR corps up against anybody's. Decker lead the league in yards last season before Tebow showed up, and you haven't even begun to see what Thomas can do. Look it up, towards the end of the season as he got healthy he was unstoppable during the few time's Tebow actually pulled the trigger. (see Vikings game). Codwell was a nice addition too. Oh, Manning had a better running game in Indy, really? Do you even watch football?

The defense has far more talented than you give the credit for as well. There are players slotted this year that you have no idea who they are, but after this season you will know them very well. Keep in mind, the defense has had 6different cordinators in 6 years. Although they, yet again, have a another new DC this season, John Fox is the staple and the defense finally has stability there for the first time in a very long time (Del Rio, who was Fox's DC during his SB run in Carolina, isn't a bad pick up either) Denver offensively broke a records last year for the most in a season, and most consecutive, 3-and-outs. If you had paid any attention last season beyond the final two-mins of "tebow time", you would know that the defense carried them 90-95 percent of time. Thier defense is good.

I think the reason why fans of other AFC-W teams spend thier time talking about Denver is because deep down you all really know that the presence of Manning makes all the units better, ie., the presence of a passing game, and a 30-point per game offense, will make the defense that much better. If you're a fantasy owner - Eric Decker, career year! And let me save the suspense for you. Yes, Manning is 100% Manning. John Lynch had the same neck injury and same doctor who treated and cleared both Lynch and Manning. Lynch played 4 great seasons with Denver - including an AFC championship game. With Manning's ability to get rid of the ball and the NFL's protection of QBs, there is no reason to believe Manning wont be starting for Denver for at least 4 years. So you stop kidding yourselves about him not playing. He's a Broncos, and it will be Manning being Manning for a forseeable while. You may not "see it" all you want here in May; however, come September I have a sneaking suspicion it will be pretty pretty pretty clear for ya.

Oh and btw, DJ Williams will not be with the team next season, and your assessment of the Rahim Moore is pretty funny as well - he will be lucky to make the team.

Rasputin 05-02-2012 06:32 PM

Manning will have a big case of jitters and his barking out calls will result in more false starts for them, especially when they come to Arrowhead. It's a total different offense for the team to adjust too after how they ran with TjhcT.

Hoover 05-02-2012 06:36 PM

What happens when the Manning led Broncos on't make the playoffs a year after Tebow took them there.

Seriously, that team does not scare me. If Manning is the Manning of old they will score some points, but he doesn't have the talent that his Super Bowl teams had. And I just don't think Manning is going to be the Manning we remember.

RealSNR 05-02-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8589362)
Baldwin has accomplished exactly zero.
Bowe would be a nice 2 on a top WR corps.

DT has more playoff wins, playoff receptions, and playoff winning catches than both of them combined and much more upside.

Breaston is nice in the slot with a QB that can get it to him and a WR corps to draw coverage.

Let's watch this year and take this conversation up again at the end of the season.

How's the trolling been? Catch anything good?

RealSNR 05-02-2012 06:45 PM

Also, Eric Decker > Demaryius Thomas

scorpio 05-02-2012 06:46 PM

Hope springs eternal in the human breast

BDB 05-02-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8589561)
What happens when the Manning led Broncos on't make the playoffs a year after Tebow took them there.

Seriously, that team does not scare me. If Manning is the Manning of old they will score some points, but he doesn't have the talent that his Super Bowl teams had. And I just don't think Manning is going to be the Manning we remember.

Didn't the Indy team that just finished 2-14 go to the Super Bowl the year before?:hmmm:

Direckshun 05-02-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDB (Post 8589548)
I love how you spent all that time on a team you "don't see it" on. The funny thing is these type of posts are littered across Charger and Raiders boards as well. KC, OAK, and SD fans really only have a few more months of any hope for the next few years, so I guess its a natural reaction among fans.

It's a football board. Talking football is what we do.

That, of course, and poop threads.

Welcome to Chiefsplanet, n00b. May your stay be frought with delight, and your turds be hard and misshapen.

Quote:

Broncos finished 8-8, and won a playoff game, with a pass-less QB last year. They beat the chiefs with 2 completions and 8 attempts for crying out loud. The offensive line is top 5 in the league, period. Yeah they gave up a lot of sacks, but Tebow held the ball waiting for his 1st read to get open most of the time. Also, in the midst of a season changing styles of play from a traditional offense under Orton to a college offense for Tebow, the offensive line handled like pros and they will be better next year. I put thier WR corps up against anybody's. Decker lead the league in yards last season before Tebow showed up, and you haven't even begun to see what Thomas can do. Look it up, towards the end of the season as he got healthy he was unstoppable during the few time's Tebow actually pulled the trigger. (see Vikings game). Codwell was a nice addition too. Oh, Manning had a better running game in Indy, really? Do you even watch football?

I highlighted the only parts in your impressive wall of words that didn't involve living in Tebow-land last season.

I like Decker and Thomas, and I think they can do tons when defenses hike their safeties up. But since everybody who plays you will be dropping 8, well, you better hope your San Diego State rookie you traded up for is a hell of a checkdown option.

By the way, the Colts were racked up something ungodly in rushing yards the year they won the Super Bowl.

A halfway decent run game. Manning can't leave home without it.

But this is my favorite part of your whole post:

Quote:

I think the reason why fans of other AFC-W teams spend thier time talking about Denver is because deep down you all really know that the presence of Manning makes all the units better, ie., the presence of a passing game, and a 30-point per game offense, will make the defense that much better. If you're a fantasy owner - Eric Decker, career year! And let me save the suspense for you. Yes, Manning is 100% Manning.

Deep down, what I know is that the 2012 Broncos are basically the 2010 Colts with a shitty run game and a vulnerable defense you did basically nothing to repair.

But hey, there's always the future. How's Osweiler look in orange? You loving that 30-second release?

keg in kc 05-02-2012 06:50 PM

I see them as a really bad team with a great QB (if he can play and stay healthy).

Sort of the polar opposite of us.

scorpio 05-02-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8589279)
San Diego or Kansas City make a ton more sense as division winners.

ROFL

Hammock Parties 05-02-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8589432)
Breaston didn't even really play in the slot last year.

He played outside almost all year.

And if Baldwin isn't starting this year, failpick.

Hoover 05-02-2012 06:54 PM

yeah, pre-neck and arm injury.

BossChief 05-02-2012 06:54 PM

I bet we pick off at least 6 Manning passes next year.

Romeo owned PM when he was at full strength....what do you think his defense is gonna do to a manning with muscle atrophy in his throwing arm and coming off a broken neck and a full year off the field?

I can't wait.