ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational worries. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254101)

blaise 12-23-2011 08:51 AM

I think it's funny the dude even bothered raising the seat there. I would have just aimed for the middle.

Fire Me Boy! 12-23-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8230141)
I think it's funny the dude even bothered raising the seat there. I would have just aimed for the middle.

And what if the spider jumped out on your junk!?!?!

NO NO NO!!!! :cuss:

blaise 12-23-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8230144)
And what if the spider jumped out on your junk!?!?!

NO NO NO!!!! :cuss:

And if there's that many spiders right there it means there's enough food supply to keep them there. Which means it must be covered in insects and other spiders.

Micjones 12-23-2011 08:55 AM

I have an irrational fear of the brown recluse biting my junk while I'm on the shitter.

splatbass 12-23-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8229667)
I sometimes have a concern that there's something in my shoe before I put it on...

Does that apply here?

That is a real fear here in Hawaii. We keep our shoes outside the front door (as does everyone) so you have to make sure there are no centipedes in them before you put them on. My next door neighbor, who keeps his shoes right next to mine, found one in his shoe one morning. I guess this isn't an irrational worry.

Fire Me Boy! 12-23-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8230149)
That is a real fear here in Hawaii. We keep our shoes outside the front door (as does everyone) so you have to make sure there are no centipedes in them before you put them on. My next door neighbor, who keeps his shoes right next to mine, found one in his shoe one morning. I guess this isn't an irrational worry.

Why?

splatbass 12-23-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8230153)
Why?

It is customary here. There is a lot of Asian influence here, a lot of Japanese, Korean, etc., here. Under their customs you do not wear shoes in the house. It keeps your carpets clean. The majority of people here are of Asian descent, and the custom was passed down from their parents, grandparents, etc.

When people go to another's house it is expected that they will take off their shoes. Most people wear flip-flops here, so that isn't too hard. Even when a repair man or delivery person comes into your house (plumber, cable guy, whatever) they take their shoes off.

blaise 12-23-2011 09:11 AM

Fear of centipedes would trump customs for me.

splatbass 12-23-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8230161)
Fear of centipedes would trump customs for me.

I was bitten by one once - it wasn't in my shoe though. I got home late, 2:30 am, and went into my office to check my email. I pulled the keyboard drawer on my desk out and felt what I though was the keyboard or mouse cable land on my ankle. It wasn't a cable. It bit me three times. My ankle got really swollen, and the pain shot up my leg for hours. I felt very sick, and couldn't sleep. I survived though, but now they really creep me out when I see them.

Once there was one in the overhead light fixture in the kitchen. I was afraid to take the glass cover down (it was inside) because I was afraid it would jump on my head. I sprayed and sprayed inside with roach spray until it was soaking in it, and it still took 10 minutes to die. Creepy.

blaise 12-23-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8230168)
I was bitten by one once - it wasn't in my shoe though. I got home late, 2:30 am, and went into my office to check my email. I pulled the keyboard drawer on my desk out and felt what I though was the keyboard or mouse cable land on my ankle. It wasn't a cable. It bit me three times. My ankle got really swollen, and the pain shot up my leg for hours. I felt very sick, and couldn't sleep. I survived though, but now they really creep me out when I see them.

Once there was one in the overhead light fixture in the kitchen. I was afraid to take the glass cover down (it was inside) because I was afraid it would jump on my head. I sprayed and sprayed inside with roach spray until it was soaking in it, and it still took 10 minutes to die. Creepy.

Man, I think centipedes are even worse than spiders. Are they like all over the place down there? I didn't know that.

splatbass 12-23-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8230173)
Man, I think centipedes are even worse than spiders. Are they like all over the place down there? I didn't know that.

It depends on where you are on the island. I live up in the mountains, and we don't have as many here. But down in the flat areas between the beach and the mountains there are more. When I worked the night shift at Pearl Harbor I would see them fairly often. They are hard to kill.

mdstu 12-23-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8230004)
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uN3uR0J-Jqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't worry so much about the bowls on the shelf.

If I showed this to my wife, she wouldn't sleep for a week.

Fire Me Boy! 12-23-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdstu (Post 8230248)
If I showed this to my wife, she wouldn't sleep for a week.

I sent it to my wife, with the preface that it would make her scream like a girl and not want to pee for a week. She watched it anyway. Now she's mad at me.

:cuss:

Dartgod 12-23-2011 10:26 AM

Looks like a scene from Arachnophobia.

mlyonsd 12-23-2011 10:37 AM

We had a tarantula for years so they're not scary to me. Occasionally I'd take him out of his cage and let him roam around the floor. Maybe you should get one and keep it as a pet. Maybe your phobia would go away.

What you really should be scared of are Black Widows since they live in every state of the union. I found 3 of them outside in one of my basement window wells. That fear IMO would be justified.