ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dark Knight International Poster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176646)

CoMoChief 12-14-2007 08:31 PM

**** I cant wait to see this movie.

L.A. Chieffan 12-14-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chan93lx50
I dunno from that preview that was posted, Heath had me sold as the Joker

Just watched it, looks like they ripped off The Crow

Deberg_1990 12-14-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
Heath Ledger is Joker? Kinda lame

Obviously they are not going for the Jack Nicholson "Over the top" portrayel.

I admire the balls to try something different.

L.A. Chieffan 12-14-2007 08:39 PM

Well that's kind of what the Joker is...over the top.

I'll watch it. I was a little disappointed in the 1st one, I understand they're trying something different it just seemed with Bale and Nolan it could've been better

Anyong Bluth 12-14-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Chief
Regarding the poster shown in this thread's starter post:

Why would The Dark Knight be centered directly on one of the frames/supports of the windows instead of on one of the panes?

Maybe I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but Nolan definitely understands the dark underbelly of Batman, as both a troubled person & as a mythic hero, and the frame of the poster is setup with Batman midframe behind the steel frame. IMO, it's symbolizes prison bars. Batman, being removed from the city and yet watching over it. Never able to be fully incorporated as a normal citizen... yada, yada, can't ever really find a girl b/c he has to keep them at a distance...

Take it for what it's worth, just my thoughts...

KcMizzou 12-14-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Obviously they are not going for the Jack Nicholson "Over the top" portrayel.

I admire the balls to try something different.

While I loved Nicholson in the first one, looking back, it was kind of Jack playing "Jack Nicholson: as The Joker" (If that makes sense.)

I like the darker, grittier direction this new series has taken. And I think Ledger will be great as a sick, sadistic Joker.

I love the lack of "camp". It's obvious this is based on "The Dark Knight", and not the 60's TV show. You can't say the same about most of the previous movies.

KcMizzou 12-14-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
Maybe I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but Nolan definitely understands the dark underbelly of Batman, as both a troubled person & as a mythic hero, and the frame of the poster is setup with Batman midframe behind the steel frame. IMO, it's symbolizes prison bars. Batman, being removed from the city and yet watching over it. Never able to be fully incorporated as a normal citizen... yada, yada, can't ever really find a girl b/c he has to keep them at a distance...

Take it for what it's worth, just my thoughts...

Wow. Symbolism. :hmmm: Nice.

KcMizzou 12-14-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
Just watched it, looks like they ripped off The Crow

Well that explains it. I loved The Crow too. :)

Deberg_1990 12-14-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
While I loved Nicholson in the first one, looking back, it was kind Jack playing "Jack Nicholson: as The Joker" (If that makes sense.)

I like the darker, grittier direction this new series has taken. And I think Ledger will be great as a sick, sadistic Joker.

I love the lack of "camp". It's obvious this is based on "The Dark Knight", and not the 60's TV show. You can't say the same about most of the previous movies.

Agreed. Nicholsons Joker was great for what it was. It fit right in with the Tim Burton world of Batman.

But that sort of portrayal would be totally out of place in Nolans Batman.

Swanman 12-14-2007 09:03 PM

I loved the casting for the first movie and it just gets better for this one. You keep everyone from the first one, except replace Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhal (HUGE, HUGE upgrade). Then you add Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent/Two Face) and I believe Anthony Michael Hall as the Riddler (if internet reports are correct). But then again, I'm happy with just Christian Bale and Gary Oldman, everyone else is just bonus for me.

Anyong Bluth 12-14-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Well that explains it. I loved The Crow too. :)

Sorry, Batman was around before the Crow. I loved The Crow, but if you've ever read any of the older Batman stuff, you'd know the Joker isn't what was portrayed in the TV series or in the 1st movie.

O'Barr more than likely borrowed from them then the other way around.

Anyone that likes Batman should check out the adult books that they had a number of writers pen their own short stories and compiled... very good, IMO.

Anyong Bluth 12-14-2007 09:07 PM

Anthony Michael Hall is not cast as the Riddler, last I checked, he debunked this rumor. If you scour, I'm pretty sure they mention who he plays, and its not Edward Nigma

KcMizzou 12-14-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Sorry, Batman was around before the Crow. I loved The Crow, but if you've ever read any of the older Batman stuff, you'd know the Joker isn't what was portrayed in the TV series or in the 1st movie.

Oh, yeah. I know. But I still loved The Crow. :)

(Only the first one.)

Deberg_1990 12-14-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Anthony Michael Hall is not cast as the Riddler, last I checked, he debunked this rumor. If you scour, I'm pretty sure they mention who he plays, and its not Edward Nigma

I mentioned it earlier, but it would be kinda cool if Dick Grayson showed up.

Sure-Oz 12-14-2007 10:08 PM

I definetly have become a much bigger fan of mr psycho himself as batman